so what mistake does jaime learn from

Jamie in my opinion will eventually realise Cersei is just using him, whether this be too late or not, i hope its the latter. The only problem with Jamie potentially leaving Cersei is where will he go. If he went to Tyrion he would definitey be killed by Daenerys regardless of Tyrions words and plea not to. So this makes a good base foundation to that Jamie will die in battle fighting against Daenarys but thats another story for another time.

He will finally realise his mistake, which will be not to follow Cersei any longer.  He will realise this when Cersei will allow and hope that the White Walkers will run over the north and kill all her enemies, he will finally know how mad king part 2 she has gone. It would be great to see him fulfil the Valonqar prophecy and kill her, as we have found history has a habit of repeating its self in GOT.

When somebody "learn from his (her) mistakes" usually is:

because you are doing something different (and better) than you did before. I am not sure what can this be...Something related to Riverrun?

In my opinion, to realize that Cersei is like the mad king now (after she tortures and burns the sand snakes) , doesn't not qualify as "learning from his mistakes"

4 minutes ago, King Louis II (KLII) said:

because you are doing something different (and better) than you did before. I am not sure what can this be...Something related to Riverrun?

In my opinion, to realize that Cersei is like the mad king now (after she tortures and burns the sand snakes) , doesn't not qualify as "learning from his mistakes"

This makes no sense lol :S please re read.

Jamie has followed Cersei and backed her from the beginning, this is going to be his downfall in the end. This is his mistake. You dont have to correct a mistake my making it better.

''jonny put his hand in the fire cos he thought it wouldnt hurt, he wont be doing that again'' = jonny made a mistake and to correct that mistake he didnt put his hand in the fire again. A mistake is an act or judgement that is misguided or wrong.

His mistake is that he has been misguided by Cersei. 

Other mistakes could be related to Tyrion

3 hours ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

This makes no sense lol :S please re read.

Jamie has followed Cersei and backed her from the beginning, this is going to be his downfall in the end. This is his mistake. You dont have to correct a mistake my making it better.

''jonny put his hand in the fire cos he thought it wouldnt hurt, he wont be doing that again'' = jonny made a mistake and to correct that mistake he didnt put his hand in the fire again. A mistake is an act or judgement that is misguided or wrong.

His mistake is that he has been misguided by Cersei. 

Other mistakes could be related to Tyrion

I don't think you read my post well...  

9 hours ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

Jamie in my opinion will eventually realise Cersei is just using him, whether this be too late or not, i hope its the latter. The only problem with Jamie potentially leaving Cersei is where will he go. If he went to Tyrion he would definitey be killed by Daenerys regardless of Tyrions words and plea not to. So this makes a good base foundation to that Jamie will die in battle fighting against Daenarys but thats another story for another time.

He will finally realise his mistake, which will be not to follow Cersei any longer.  He will realise this when Cersei will allow and hope that the White Walkers will run over the north and kill all her enemies, he will finally know how mad king part 2 she has gone. It would be great to see him fulfil the Valonqar prophecy and kill her, as we have found history has a habit of repeating its self in GOT.

I don't think dany would kill him actually. She knows why he killed her father and would likely still hate him but not kill him. She would be smart to make use of him since he is the rightful heir to casterly rock and if he sided with dany people would leave cersei in droves since the last male lannister and heir to casterly rock is siding with dany

Incest is not best? Especially when your sister / lover / queen is a psycho and already 'burned them all' like you feared the Mad King would do. Maybe something to do with Cersei's treatment of Euron's gifts - as devastated as he was by Myrcella's murder, I think he will feel some disgust at his sister's response.

Sleeping with Cersei would be a mistake to avoid. You can't pull anti-Targaryen propaganda but behave like one. Jaime would have to decide that Cersei's "dynasty" mustn't include him. Only a new suitor can cover up past "mistakes".

3 hours ago, Nerevanin said:

How about Jaime regretting releasing Tyrion from prison back in season 4? Now Tyrion comes back as an enemy and can help Dany to invade the realm thanks to his knowledges about it.

Since Tyrion is a favourite in the show, I don't think his release would be considered a mistake. And plural, right?

Jaime's character suffers from three things within the game world:

1) His reputation and branded as a Kingslayer

2) Being a man of action and acting before thinking

3) His incest with his sister and fathering children with her

I bet its one of these three things that he does differently:

1) Jaime NOT killing Cercei when she imitates (maybe torturing Elaria) the Mad King would be "learning from his mistakes". 

Number 2 could be anything

3) Breaking up with Cercei, quitting the Queen's guard and taking his place as head of house Lannister in Custerly Rock, especially in light of the attack there?

When Jamie rode into KL and saw what Cercei did with the wildfire, he had to know that she is as bad as the mad king. When she said they will fight for each other, because they have no one else, that had to be another wake up call. He chose the wrong sibling- Cercei.

From what I gathered the mistake he learnt from was the Whispering Wood. He learned from that mistake and used Robb's tactic against his enemies this time round. Which also suggests the Lannister's effectiveness so far this season has been solely down to Jaime, not Cersei

On 29/07/2017 at 3:40 PM, King Louis II (KLII) said:

Bravo. You're pretty much the only one who 'got it'. Everyone else was way off.

The 'mistake' they speak of was a bit lame though...

I thought it was pretty obvious that he learned from the Whispering Wood defeat. Since he says in the episode "Like Robb Stark at the Whispering Wood." It was quite a disappointing scene because I was expecting it to have to do with Cersei, but they seem to still be having Jaime fawning over Cersei for now, which is aggravating and a disservice to his book character. 

Archived