so what mistake does jaime learn from

3 hours ago, Lord Godric said:

I thought it was pretty obvious that he learned from the Whispering Wood defeat. Since he says in the episode "Like Robb Stark at the Whispering Wood." It was quite a disappointing scene because I was expecting it to have to do with Cersei, but they seem to still be having Jaime fawning over Cersei for now, which is aggravating and a disservice to his book character. 

:agree: Extremely dissatisfying. My friends who watch show only think hes great, which is he but nothing compared to his wonderful arc in the books. I'm worried we wont get that now, just a possible exit from Cersei and a quick majestic death.  

3 hours ago, Lord Godric said:

I thought it was pretty obvious that he learned from the Whispering Wood defeat. Since he says in the episode "Like Robb Stark at the Whispering Wood." It was quite a disappointing scene because I was expecting it to have to do with Cersei, but they seem to still be having Jaime fawning over Cersei for now, which is aggravating and a disservice to his book character. 

Of course its pretty obvious his mistake now after watching the Episode, :huh: OP was after predictions before the episode on what it could be. 

What mistakes Jaime learns from? 

I used to frown upon people who blew up citizens with wild fire and chained relatives in a short distance from each other to make one witness the other's death while reaching to save them, but now I realize that kind of stuff is completely fine as long as the person who does it gives me a blow job. 

7 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

I used to frown upon people who blew up citizens with wild fire and chained relatives in a short distance from each other to make one witness the other's death while reaching to save them, but now I realize that kind of stuff is completely fine as long as the person who does it gives me a blow job. 

hahaha, his character makes no sense at all. 

14 hours ago, SerMudz said:

From what I gathered the mistake he learnt from was the Whispering Wood. He learned from that mistake and used Robb's tactic against his enemies this time round. Which also suggests the Lannister's effectiveness so far this season has been solely down to Jaime, not Cersei

That's what I thought.  He actually said as much to Olenna.

20 minutes ago, Crona said:

He learned from Robb, but I also think he's going to learn a lesson from blindly following Cersei. It also kind of hinted that he really didn't care either, if Cersei is the end of him and he is accepting it

I think he has accepted it now cos he cant see passed the love he has for. Jamie will realise eventually as she gets worse and what she is prepared to let happen, Jamie will leave her side and head North. Also after learning Tyrion is not responsible for Joffreys death, he may be inclined to try meet with Tyrion but may have some issues with the murder of their father. 

30 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

I think he has accepted it now cos he cant see passed the love he has for. Jamie will realise eventually as she gets worse and what she is prepared to let happen, Jamie will leave her side and head North. Also after learning Tyrion is not responsible for Joffreys death, he may be inclined to try meet with Tyrion but may have some issues with the murder of their father. 

I do think that after killing Cersei he is going North. But,  I highly doubt he will forgive Tyrion for his father's death but it is the show, so they may have a change in heart. I don't think Jaime really thought Tyrion killed Joffrey, and I don't even know why Jaime even cares about Joffrey, he really didn't care for him. 

2 minutes ago, Crona said:

I do think that after killing Cersei he is going North. But,  I highly doubt he will forgive Tyrion for his father's death but it is the show, so they may have a change in heart. I don't think Jaime really thought Tyrion killed Joffrey, and I don't even know why Jaime even cares about Joffrey, he really didn't care for him. 

If Jamie does kill Cersei it will be the last episode in season 7. Cersei like Tywin is all about creating a Dynasty/Legacy where Jamie isnt, he may understand why he killed his father but if they do meet im sure it will crop up. 

Even though Joffrey, Tommen and Myrcella were his, he never really had a proper relationship with them at all for obvious reasons. I agree that Jamie never thought Tyrion killed Joffrey.

On ‎30‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 11:51 AM, foxberlin said:

Sleeping with Cersei would be a mistake to avoid. You can't pull anti-Targaryen propaganda but behave like one. Jaime would have to decide that Cersei's "dynasty" mustn't include him. Only a new suitor can cover up past "mistakes".

So many mistakes. whre to begin with? He is a slow learner after all.

20 hours ago, SerMudz said:

From what I gathered the mistake he learnt from was the Whispering Wood. He learned from that mistake and used Robb's tactic against his enemies this time round. Which also suggests the Lannister's effectiveness so far this season has been solely down to Jaime, not Cersei

this

Yeah it's made obvious it's the Whispering Wood. He even talks about learning from mistakes in the talk with Olenna and that he's always been a slow learner according to his father. Probably a dig at the dyslexia thing the show bizarrely tacked on to Jaime 

On 1.8.2017 at 2:13 AM, RhaenysB said:

I dont think the people of planetos or westeros judges peplt mostly by ideals instead it seem to be a material alliance. People have allies who they need. They will accept the actions allies aslong as it does not affect them unfortuantly. Vengeance is also practiced by all factions. Martells took vengeance against house lannister and now the circle continious, maybe this is the circle of life?

1 hour ago, norwaywolf123 said:

I dont think the people of planetos or westeros judges peplt mostly by ideals instead it seem to be a material alliance. People have allies who they need. They will accept the actions allies aslong as it does not affect them unfortuantly. Vengeance is also practiced by all factions. Martells took vengeance against house lannister and now the circle continious, maybe this is the circle of life?

I'm not sure what this has to do with my post. But sure, vengeance cycle is part of Westeros, like it was in Ancient Greece. 

On 7/31/2017 at 6:44 AM, SerMudz said:

This is absolutely what it was.

1 hour ago, norwaywolf123 said:

To me your post looked like it judged only one side.

It did, but I still don't know what material needs for allies and vengeance has to do with Jaime's double standards. 

I mean yes, you could argue that Cersei had more reason to what she did to Ellaria and Tyene than Aerys had to do what he did to Richard and Brandon, because Ellaria actually killed Myrcella while Brandon only threatened to kill Rhaegar.  But that's quite a stretch and the wildfire explosion, I can justify even less. 

Archived