Westeros at war : news bulletin 7.3

My prediction :

Battle of Casterly Rock : Gen. Jaime and Gen. Randyll VS Gen. Tyrion

After gathering valuable intel from the enemy (Ellaria and Yara), The army of eunuchs will enter the city without resistance, they will be encircled there by the lannisters and killed, the Unsullied sucks in urban warfare.

Cersei : 1, Daenerys : 0

Battle of Casterly Rock : Gen. Jaime and Gen. Randyll VS Gen. Tyrion

After gathering valuable intel from the enemy (Ellaria and Yara), The army of eunuchs will enter the city without resistance, they will be encircled there by the lannisters and killed, the Unsullied sucks in urban warfare.

It is one possibility. and the Dothraki can only be useful in the open.... thats was my idea of them intercepting the reinforcements...

3 hours ago, King Louis II (KLII) said:

It is one possibility. and the Dothraki can only be useful in the open.... thats was my idea of them intercepting the reinforcements...

I saw your post but I don't see why the lannisters need reinforcements in Casterly Rock, the lannisters have the second largest army in Westeros after the tyrells, and CR is their capital so it is normal to find a chunk of that army protecting the city and the castle.

And Daenerys will not use her dragons in any attack becaue she doesn't want to be the queen of the ashes and if the Unsullied are in trouble in CR, it's in other side of Westeros for her, the time she get the information and flee there the Unsullied will be already destroyed

Night's King

Imbue sacrificed babies to make ice generals. Turn corpses into grunts, tanks etc. Head south, bringing full force of winter. Destroy humans, save trees and thus Westeros.

Purest intentions - best tactics. Long (un)live the true king of Westoros!

Prediction - whole of Westeros proclaimed magical wildlife sanctuary under his frozen rule, live humans barred entry forever.

Using Dothraki as interception:

I am not convinced that an army consisting only of Dothraki would navigate very well in Westeros. Far too many woods and rivers, unknown castles and villages,confusing roads. Without local help (or Sandors nearest map shop) they would be lost.

Oh, and Daenerys herself should not be extremely familiar with westeros geography as well. I cannot imagine Viserys or Ilyrio discussed military topography of the seven Kingdoms with her.

On the other hand, the writers certainly do not care about logistics or C3I.

1 hour ago, Future Null Infinity said:

For me, CR was a failure because the Unsullied are stuck there after Euron burned their ships

The battles were so underwhelming and Daenerys needs a real military strategist

Its a loss unless there is spare gold lying around to pay the IBB. What about the mines at Castemere which Tywinn destroyed surely there is gold somewhere around it cant be completely dry. 

Wow ok i thought when Euron destroyed the Unsullied ships there was lots of the army on the boat. But atleast they still have there numbers.

Sorry for  a double post (since I mentioned that in another threa)  but it also relates to this thread. But if the unsullied are stuck in CR, without a real siege than could go and plunder Lannisport. This is also another reason why the Lannister troops shouldn't leave the castle since their families probably live in Lannisport and surroundings. Without the protection, the unsullied could just kill everydy for food and water.

another thing is that there is no way that Pike can produce over 10,000 troops. Euron mentions that he has 1000 troops. The type of ships that are shown in the show must have a least a crew of 20-30 people each.

It's a loss and we can pretty much bet that the unsullied are done, although greyworm still lives, so maybe there might be something happening later. By show logicistics, as long as greyworm lives there may be another chance for unsullied.

Think of all the corpses for the NK to raise once he get's south. Unsullied Zombies, Lannister Zombies - there is that big pile of dead from the battle of the Bastards. His army is going to grow and grow because silly humans can't stop killing each other - it's poetic, really.

The genius plan of Jaime in CR :

The Unsullied attacked CR but it was empty because Jaime evacuated most of the soldiers and then Euron burned their ships so the Unsullied are immobilized and stuck there like rats and Daenerys lost a whole army in the fighting.

Honestly, Tyrion is good as an advisor but as a military strategist he starts to show his limits, Daenerys needs Jorah or Barristan.

Archived