Dany and Jon. * No Spoilers please *

What are peoples thoughts on this meeting ? I am particularly interested in Jon meeting the Dragons. Will this somehow further hint toward who Jon's Father is ? Will he in fact meet them this episode or later in the season ? Will this mostly be politically driven episode ?  

What are your thoughts ?

I don't read spoilers or leaks, I think that she will refuse helping him against the WW, I think that she will say that she have 7 kingdoms to conquer and the WW are her least concern (because I've seen Jon in the trailers fighting the WW alone).

For the knee bending and the dragons, I don't know.

20 hours ago, princess_snow said:

What are peoples thoughts on this meeting ? I am particularly interested in Jon meeting the Dragons. Will this somehow further hint toward who Jon's Father is ? Will he in fact meet them this episode or later in the season ? Will this mostly be politically driven episode ?  

What are your thoughts ?

Im so looking forward too it. I dont think Jon will meet the dragons he has no real need to and I particularly dont think he will want. If he does meet/ride one it will not be intentional, it will be a die or live type decision, of which he could be in trouble. I think the main focus of Episode 3 is the sacking of CR and High garden along with the meeting of Jon and Daenerys and the delievery of Eurons Gifts.  Obviously I hope we get to see some of Ayra and Sansa/Little finger along with Jorah/Sam at the Citadel.

I really don't want Jon to bend the knee but I feel if pressured it will be his only option to secure Daenerys help. Itll be like you swear fealty to me and you can have some of the DragonGlass. Jon will also try to persuade Daenerys of the real war but she will ignore.

I'm thrilled about this meeting, looking forward to it. Fans who follow this story since the first book was published have waited, and waited, and waited... almost 20 years for this to happen and, finally, it's happening! These are 2 main characters who never met before, who only recently knew of each other's existence, and yet their stories are parallel in many ways. We saw them as children (teens) and how they evolved, their loves and their losses and sufferings.
I'm also looking forward to the meeting between Jon and the dragons, what Jon's reaction to them will be, and most importantly, their reaction to Jon. The dragons are supposed to be very intelligent and magical creatures, will they sense Jon's Targaryen's blood?
I admit that in my mind it's difficult to separate the show-characters from the book-characters, which in one sense is a blessing and in other is a curse. The part of the blessing is that I can relate and sympathize a lot more with them, Dani is less an arrogant entitled brat and Jon is much less foolish than they are portrayed in the show. The part of the curse is that I'm always inevitably disappointed, I miss many features the characters have in the book, that IMO are crucial to who they really are. Particulary, in this case I miss the magic very much, wich in the show was left to a minimun. Book Jon has warging habilities, and that comes from his Stark blood; I think the dragons would sense that too, or at least they'd realize that he is not like any other Targaryen, that he has something different, something more. 
That being said, I do not think Jon will meet the dragons closely this episode, although showing his biggest assest is what a queen who wants a visiting king to "bend the knee" should do. But I feel that D & D want to stretch things up a bit more ...  may be Jon and Co will see them flying when they arrive, but no more than that.

I have no doubt that the meeting will have an impact on both Jon and Dani.

As for how the things are likely to develop, she will ask him to "bend the knee" and he'll politely refuse. Jon will try to convince her that the threat of the WW is real and of absolute priority, but she has her mind fixed in the iron throne, I don't expect she will  make a 180 degree turn immediately. But she is not stupid, and I think that in the end she'll make the right decision, but not this ep., in this one she most likely will receive word of the attack on Yara-Theon fleet and her attention will be brought to that.
I'm also expecting to see Tyrion - Jon reunion, those two had a good relationship, they called themselves "friends", but now their circumstances are very different.  I'm almost hearing the "Hi, bastard" "Hi Dwarf", I want to see what happens between them. . 
Another interest reunion will be Melisandre-Davos.

I think Jon will not bend the knee but he will try to perssuade Daenerys about WW or at leat give him dragonglass

I'm curious too about Jon meeting/seeing the dragons.I think he will see them,when he arrives at Dragonstone

It won't be boring that's for sure. I assume he'll see the dragons and be over-awed by him, but less than impressed with Daenerys and her heavy-handed bend the knee crap. I don't expect more interaction with her children than that. As for the blood connection, I don't think it will come out this episode or frankly this season. The focus, at least Jon's is on the threat in the north,  Dany on the threat in the south, namely Cersei and Euron. Even with the length of the episodes, I can't see how that connection gets made this season and gives either character time to process what that may mean for both their futures. Who knows with the writers, but if they try the reveal, it won't be reasonably dealt with in full until next season.

2 hours ago, Daemon said:

I think Jon will not bend the knee but he will try to perssuade Daenerys about WW or at leat give him dragonglass

I'm curious too about Jon meeting/seeing the dragons.I think he will see them,when he arrives at Dragonstone

Agreed. Jon has seen the White Walkers, Knight's king, Giants, etc. He can handle seeing the dragons!

I'm hoping Dany plays hard to get. Would be a real shame if she falls for him on sight. 

Thanks for your replies everyone. Seems most of you were spot on with your predications.

Overall I was fairly happy with the interaction between these two. I loved the fact Jon didn't bend the knee. I'm glad we got to see his reaction to the dragons. It would seem he will be on Dragonstone at least for next episode too which will give more time to advance the union between him and Dany.   

Couldn't D&D have let Jon take off his furs? Really he stands next to Dany who is wearing half the amount of clothing. Either someone is sweating their ass off or someone is freezing her ass off.

Besides, it doesn't look as furs but as if he was carrying a dead wolf over his shoulders :D Really, if I was the king, I'd make sure my cloak didn't look so ridiculous.

I'm afraid I disliked the meeting mightily. On Dany's part, it seemed like a pissing contest (did she really think she would impress him with all her titles and that haughty "I'm the Queen" act?) and on Jon's part, it seemed like he didn't know what to do. Besides, if the story followed any logic, then the war against the Others takes precedence over anything, therefore he actually should bend the knee, or promise to do so after the Others are defeated. If you can't eat your cake and keep it, too, you have to prioritize.

Archived