Something I read in another thread made me realize that the Jaime/Cersei sex scene had all the hallmarks of "the last time they have sex"-- Cersei not caring about his severed hand, morning after gazing at each other, Cersei's willingness to be public(ish) about the relationship, etc.  So the question is which one of them will die? My bet is on Cersei.  And if Jaime happens to be the one who kills her (which I hope is true), is it 1) to protect KL from her crazy, 2) to prevent her from becoming dragon food and have a painless death instead, or 3) because he catches her rewarding Euron with sex?

6 hours ago, snow is the man said:

maester aemon refused the crown and his brother took the iron throne. If someone refuses it they don't have to take it. Also I have a feeling that given dany's current situation and the previews that we saw for next week that she may be more accepting of a king of the north

Aemon had already sworn away his last name as a maester at the time, then he took additional vows as a member of the Night's Watch for good measure to make absolutely sure he couldn't be used. Bran STARK just hanging out at Winterfell while Jon Snow won' t even take the name of the House he claims to lead should be a big problem.

8 hours ago, snow is the man said:

Oh I know she won't get rid of tyrion but so far his council has gotten her screwed over badly. And given that they don't even want her to use the dragons going to get the unsullied using their advice would be impossible.

It only takes one arrow they said. Then put her in heavy armor people

I don't think Tyrion's advice was bad at all. He came up with a smart plan, but he was missing key information, not knowing of the existence of Euron's fleet. Then it was Yara's incompetence that allowed her ships to be ambushed by her uncle. Sending a dragon to accompany the fleet would have been an obvious idea, but they figured they cannot risk Daenerys' life at this point. It does put a damper on the usability of dragon's though.

3 hours ago, Denam_Pavel said:

Aemon had already sworn away his last name as a maester at the time, then he took additional vows as a member of the Night's Watch for good measure to make absolutely sure he couldn't be used. Bran STARK just hanging out at Winterfell while Jon Snow won' t even take the name of the House he claims to lead should be a big problem.

aemon didn't go to the nights watch until after he was offered the crown.  I don't think it will be a big deal after a few minutes. I mean given how bran is I wouldn't want him leading anyway. I don't think it will be adressed at least.

4 hours ago, nara said:

Something I read in another thread made me realize that the Jaime/Cersei sex scene had all the hallmarks of "the last time they have sex"-- Cersei not caring about his severed hand, morning after gazing at each other, Cersei's willingness to be public(ish) about the relationship, etc.  So the question is which one of them will die? My bet is on Cersei.  And if Jaime happens to be the one who kills her (which I hope is true), is it 1) to protect KL from her crazy, 2) to prevent her from becoming dragon food and have a painless death instead, or 3) because he catches her rewarding Euron with sex?

please be 3 please be 3. It would be unpredictable and show he is actually human. I mean he has essentially sacrificed everything for her and she sleeps with euron as a reward. Oh I really hope this happens.

7 hours ago, nara said:

Thanks!  

LOL.  She would benefit from hearing more about how Jon was elected to his roles twice (LC and KITN).  On a side note, with some of the great houses (Martells, Tyrells, Freys, and Baratheons) out of commission (and the Lannisters, Tullys, and Arryns possibly not far behind) Westeros may be in a good position for adopting democratic governance.  The Greyjoys already kinda have a version of democracy with the Kingsmoot and Jon has been influenced by the NW LC selection process.  

Also, the Targs got Westeros by war and lost it by war.  As someone mentioned above, the Targs broke faith by killing the Starks and "kidnapping" Lyanna. Dany seems to conveniently forget that when she talks about being the rightful ruler and demanding allegience. It's one thing if she is deliberately forgetting it to legitimize herself, but I think she really believes it.  Tyrion or Jon should remind her.

well the kingsmoot hadn't been done in a thousand years in the show they might not have mentioned it. Also I wanted him to press her on her "claim".

Jon-so you have a claim because your father was king.

dany-yeah.

Jon-and he had the right because his father was king.

Dany-Yeah.

Jon-So what right did aegon the conqueror have?

Dany-he...uh.

Jon- (dons a smug smile) Thought so.

Also jon did remind her.

12 minutes ago, snow is the man said:

well the kingsmoot hadn't been done in a thousand years in the show they might not have mentioned it. Also I wanted him to press her on her "claim".

dany-yeah.

Dany-Yeah.

Dany-he...uh.

Also jon did remind her.

Dany's claim to the throne is that she is the daughter of the last Targaryen king, Aerys II.

She seems to forget, when she gets on her high horse, that Aerys lost his throne by losing the plot and becoming a mad King. 

He wasn't overthrown by random revellers that thought they'd see if they could take it for a bit of fun. The rebellion was caused because half of Westeros wanted to save the country from Aerys' madness.

What if was something like this:

Sansa: "You're technically king now, m8."

Bran: "Nah, can't be king - I'm the three-eyed raven."

Sansa: "How do you know all of this weird stuff?"

Bran: "Three-eyed raven showed me."

Sansa: "I thought you were the three-eyed raven..."

Bran: "This old dude and me are the same person, we exist for a long time. I somewhat managed to mess the timelime and ended in the pass trying to fix everything by taunting my younger-self to a place north of the wall to learn again from my mistakes. 

Damn she will never understand.

It's hard to explain."

49 minutes ago, snow is the man said:

dany-yeah.

Dany-Yeah.

Dany-he...uh.

Also jon did remind her.

Jon would never make such a silly argument. 

Three hundred years of rule is what gave the Targaryens legitimacy and yes it is what gives Dany (and soon Jon) a valid claim to the throne. All dynasties start somewhere.  The Starks had to conquer the north as well at one point.

38 minutes ago, JordanJH1993 said:

Dany's claim to the throne is that she is the daughter of the last Targaryen king, Aerys II.

She seems to forget, when she gets on her high horse, that Aerys lost his throne by losing the plot and becoming a mad King. 

He wasn't overthrown by random revellers that thought they'd see if they could take it for a bit of fun. The rebellion was caused because half of Westeros wanted to save the country from Aerys' madness.

She doesn't forget this. She has said more than once on this show that her father was an evil man. Aerys should have been removed. That does not mean the Targaryen children should have been killed/ and or exiled

5 hours ago, Denam_Pavel said:

...but Bran has some news about the Stark name that he really needs to tell Jon.

(the text editor on this forum is so ill behaved. is there a way to improve it?)

(Again, it just copied his entire quote into my response, another 10 minutes to delete it - oof!)

I think people are missing the point of the Jon/Danny meeting. Of course Danny is stiff, she is acting a character who isn't entirely in to the Queen thing. She tries the full Targ Heir thing and is doesn't work on Jon. Not yet, anyway.

The main consequence of this episode is that the civil war is now in the end game. There are no minor players left. It is down to Cersei vs Danny Jon vs the White walkers. Only Littlefinger and Sansa are left as free agents.

As a rough rule of thumb, the more people complain about a scene being unnecessary or pointless, the more consequential it turns out to be. Arya's scene with Nymeria last week set up her scene this week. Which nobody has commented on yet.

12 minutes ago, hallam said:

I think people are missing the point of the Jon/Danny meeting. Of course Danny is stiff, she is acting a character who isn't entirely in to the Queen thing. She tries the full Targ Heir thing and is doesn't work on Jon. Not yet, anyway.

The main consequence of this episode is that the civil war is now in the end game. There are no minor players left. It is down to Cersei vs Danny Jon vs the White walkers. Only Littlefinger and Sansa are left as free agents.

As a rough rule of thumb, the more people complain about a scene being unnecessary or pointless, the more consequential it turns out to be. Arya's scene with Nymeria last week set up her scene this week. Which nobody has commented on yet.

what scene?

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

Jon would never make such a silly argument. 

Three hundred years of rule is what gave the Targaryens legitimacy and yes it is what gives Dany (and soon Jon) a valid claim to the throne. All dynasties start somewhere.  The Starks had to conquer the north as well at one point.

Yes but aegon conquered the seven kingdoms and thus began the targ's "birth right" and yet it has been twenty years in the books probably since any targ (except aemon and jon who noone but ned knew was a targ) set foot in westeros. Robert and ned smashed the targ dynasty and ended it. So dany's line is done when it comes to birth rights. And if you want to get more into it then bran would has a right to be king of the north and since we know he would refuse it then it would go to jon. So given that torren stark or whatever his name was bent the knee to aegon targ and the targ's no longer rule westeros then jon has a better claim to be king of the north then dany does for the entire seven kingdoms.

8 minutes ago, snow is the man said:

Yes but aegon conquered the seven kingdoms and thus began the targ's "birth right" and yet it has been twenty years in the books probably since any targ (except aemon and jon who noone but ned knew was a targ) set foot in westeros. Robert and ned smashed the targ dynasty and ended it. So dany's line is done when it comes to birth rights. And if you want to get more into it then bran would has a right to be king of the north and since we know he would refuse it then it would go to jon. So given that torren stark or whatever his name was bent the knee to aegon targ and the targ's no longer rule westeros then jon has a better claim to be king of the north then dany does for the entire seven kingdoms.

No it isn't.  You never lose your birthright. You always have your claim. Twenty years is nothing. There are still plenty of Targaryen loyalists in the seven kingdoms. There is a reason why Robert was concerned about Viserys  or Daenerys crossing the Narrow Sea as he said so himself "there are still those in the seven kingdoms who call me usurper". 

Edited by El Guapo