[Poll] How would rate episode 703?

Ran

How would you rate episode 703?  

255 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best?

Episode was fantastic. So many interesting developments, Bran back too WF revealing to Sansa he's the 3ER, Jon meeting Dani, CR sacked, Olena and Jaime, Cersei avenging her daughter, Jorah healed. It was one dramatic turn after another, amazing they fit that much into a 65 minute show, and the dialogue was very good as well.

I gave it a 10, the whole Season has been strong thus far.

I do not know how to rate this episode. I'll think about it a bit more.

Some things I liked very much,  but the things I didn't like,  I really totally hated them. 

Years awaiting Bran's return, and it was dreadful ... is it that being the 3-eyed crow took away all traces of humanity from him? He showed less feelings than the WW, I hated all that, he looked more a zombie than the zombies beyond the wall.  They are ruining his character completely. And  as the cherry on top of the cake, they make him say to Sansa practically "Sorry... you look great the night you got raped", Really?? 
And I can not stomach Jaime stupidity and blindness about Cercei anymore, it's pathetic what they are doing with his character.

Edited by LucyMormont
Orthographic correction

I'm going to be honest, at first I didn't think much of it. Jon and Dany seemed stilted. I did like when Missandei said Dany's whole title and Davos said this in Jon Snow, he's King of the North. It got better though. Afterwards ...WOW a lot happened!! The Unsullied, Cersei, Tycho. Sam, Sansa & Bran.....THE END! Pieces are moving, ones I don't like but still. So I say 9.

Overall I really liked it. Jaime and Olenna was great. CR and Highgarden was great.

Dany and Jon was ok... Seems kinda stupid the "problem" they are making up between the two. Both have quite a history of understanding people and both should really have an easy time understanding the others perspective.

Only part I did not like was Bran and Sansa. Could have been such a happy moment and Bran was overly cold.

And actually it is a lil weird how super clever Cersei has become. In the past she put one blunder after the next and only saved her arse by blowing up the sept... And now she invites CRAZY EURON and has a super successful cooperation with that mad man, anticipates a move against CR, brings Tarly on her side, sacks Highgarden and is super sweet talking to the Iron Bank. But for now I enjoy it as otherwise it would be kinda boring of Dany just easily destroyed her.

Internet: OMG! Daeny FINALLY meets Jon!

Me: OMG Tyrion & Jon FINALLY get scenes again!

A lot of great character scenes in S7E3. I gave it an 8 for the Dragonstone scenes, Lady Olena's mic drop of an exit, and Capt. Euron Sparrow. Deducted points because the Cersei revenge scene was a bit of a let down. All talk. And also I thought the two big battles this week were anti-climactic. 

I didn't like it at all. The long waited meetings (Jon-Dany, Bran-Sansa) felt empty to me. The dialogue gets worse and worse.The logistics of the war are getting weirder with every episode (I can swallow that Euron was able to surprise Yara's fleet, but a Lannister army capturing Olenna at her castle?). Sam healing an incurable disease in a single episode puts the entire Citadel to shame.

I've given it a 3.

A steady 7. Good progression on several plot-lines, they're not dithering much this season - with us drawing close to the end of the story and with only seven episodes this season they really are marching at a pace.

Some great scenes with Jon & Tyrion (Davos and Dany were good too), Jaime & Oleana, Sam, Jorah & Archmaester.
I liked that the battles were brief (save the big battle scenes for later in the season).

My one gripe was that the Iron Bank of Braavos suffered a down turn in its slave trade. The whole point of Braavos was to escape slavery. No way is the Iron Bank funding slavery anywhere. But meh, a minor plot point.

Jon arrives in Dragonstone - I like this reunion. It underlines how different all characters and their arcs are after seven seasons. Not badly written. Dragons have been effectively used. +2

Melissandre talking to Varys - an explainer, nothing more. With some foreshadowing for the effect. But, moves the plot along. +1

Daenerys meets Jon Snow - well written and acted. Some hick ups like Davos showing no animosity towards the man who caused his son's death. Tyrion not taunting Davos and informing Daenerys that Davos used to be hand of the king Stannis. Well, ....  if this show has taught me anything, it is to lower my expectations +1

Theon being despised by the Iron Born - I see NO point in this scene. We had all season 2 to deal with this. It has been established. What purpose does it serve? They regressed Theon to Reek in the previous episode. They are regressing him even further in this one. -1

Euron in KL - counter Walk of Shame. I know what the intention was, but it did nothing for me. Perhaps because D&D never developed those characters in the first place, so their torture, humiliation or death mean next to nothing to the audience. And because of that - 1

Euron presents his gift - the scene is barely watchable for its stupidity. Euron is farcical. Cersei is set up by D&D to develop into this strategic genius. It is difficult to watch, - 1

Cersei tortures Dornish women - this scene actually makes sense. And it makes sense because of the nonsensical death of Marcela. So, two nonsenses make sense. I lived to see that. +1

Cersei comes out of the incest closet - these two characters that have no resemblance to Jamie and Cersei from the books are really living their lives to their fullest now that their children are dead. It doesn't matter that their actions make no sense at all. They are blond and beautiful. We are bound to watch and admire. -1

Cersei negotiates with the IBoB - and the nonsense continues. The biggest of all being that the IBoB can finance slave trade. D&D have to read the books beyond book 3. That much is obvious. But, even Wikipedia provides enough info. So, it is easy to avoid such an error. But, they do not care. The only thing they care about is making Cersei everything she is not in the books as a part of their "feminist" agenda. I am a woman and I want to vomit. Cheap PR. -1

Tyrion JS/Tyrion Daeneys - in one word, Tyrion is a genius, just like Cersei. My avatar's surname is Lannister, but enough is enough. But, since it was decently acted and there were no material errors, I will be generous +1 (1/2 +1/2)

A song of Ice and Fire - see what I have done here?! Something that the show should have done. And didn't. However, I am partial to the Targeryian reunion and I want Jon to ride a dragon. So, +1

Sansa channeling Cersei - this show is "all about strong women". And we see it. Sansa is a genius. Why? Because she knows how to count and because she learned that during winter we should wear warm clothes. Genius!!! What an agency! What a strength! And yet, during the whole awe striking sequence, she still has time and inclination to listen to more of LF's wisdom. Strong, brilliant and humble! -1

Sansa greeting Bran - finally a scene worth acting +1

Sansa and Bran in Godswood - I like the inner peace vs. inner turmoil +1

Sam cured Jorah - it is necessary for the plot to know that Boltons were actually the greyscale healers in the north. Oh, wait ... It is not. Meh. 0

Sam gets rewarded - I like the underhanded way the maester allowed Sam to read the books he was not supposed to read. +1

Attack on CR narrated by ours truly - a badly directed scene. Leaves the audience in doubt what actually happened there. I am utterly confused. But, that is because I am not as clever as Tyrion. And neither are you. 0

Attack on Highgarden and death of the Queen of Thorns - at least Olenna stayed in character. And Jamie strangely returns to his character when away from Cersei. I wonder who actually wrote this dialogue. Smells of Cogman. Makes sense. +1

In total 5 if I'm not mistaken. The terrible thing is that I don't care what the final score will be. George, write that book! 

Edited by Modesty Lannister
Typos

Though Cercei's method of death upon Elaria and (not) her daughter Tyene is elaborate and deftly described, the bastardization of Dorne wholly overshadows the entire event.

The episode is the first prediction of what is to come: tying up loose ends in the most well-written way possible.  Though, still - simply tying up loose ends.  Elaria and Tyene are so overly terrified and frightened, they shame Dorne by their very performances (as written for the actors, of course).  If Dorne is indeed represented in spirit by the Red Viper, those women would never have cowered in such a manner to show such exalted fear which is only written in to inflate Cercei's character and revenge. 

I rated the episode a 9 because it was a 9 for me.  I am learning to separate the show from reality (of the books).  It is still hard to do that.  But I try =)

Euron is just yet another twisted envisioning which the show somehow seems to crave to need in the story.  In the line of The Mad King, to Joffrey to Ramsay (am I forgetting anyone?).  Expected and canned. 

The characters of Jaime and Ollena was maybe the most authentic engagement.

Jon and Daenerys was well written and acted by their characters and the supporting cast around them.  It was what you would expect from both side of that.

Sansa and Bran was touching, but I had a problem with Sansa proclaiming Bran as "the sole surviving prince of Winterfell" or however she phrased it.  Jon, I guess, she still sees as the bastard brother and with LESS claim than Bran... and it is odd that she never includes herself as this, for she IS the eldest true-born child of Winterfell.  Is this because it is what Littlefinger keeps wanting her to believe?  Does she refuse to portray her own power and "right" to Winterfell because she is female?  I am not sure.  What does anyone think?

I enjoyed the interaction and RESPECT given between Tyrion and Jon.

I expected but did not like Daenerys' hard command to force a bent knee based on her name only.  But since this has been her ONLY motivation through the entire show, what else can I expect.  She wanted "eternal" fielty(?) based on ancient promises and her entire mode of thinking is off.  She will cave when she sees she needs help.  I believe she should have (or maybe Jon should have reminded her) that until she actually DOES sit on the iron throne, she should not be commanding people bend knees.  She should be making alliances instead of commandments.  Once she is on the throne, then commandments are appropriate.

Daenerys now that she is seen interacting with a great house in Westeros, comes off more arrogant and presumptuous than I would have imagined.  Seeing her that way in places she has already conquered is one thing.  But she has conquered nothing in Westeros......... yet.

Edited by Iron Mother
more thought

I gave it an 8 but I'm not sure.

Jamie is by far becoming my favourite character - probably because we don't see much of the Night's King and we should be, because it is supposed to be Winter. Where the hell is this long night?

I love that Tyrion has now fucked up as Dany's hand 3 times, it's hilarious. Why she keeps him alive is beyond me at this stage - but obviously Dany's failures are setting her up for full dragon mode in the future.

Cersies revenge was excellent - saw it coming but it was very well acted by all involved.

Dany and Jon bored me a bit - felt too fan servicey for me.

So I just am not sure what to think. It was smarter than last week, heaps more cohesive - but much less entertaining. I think I just want the thing to ramp up and finish now, rather than keep drawing out.

Indira nailed the heck our of her scene. I felt sorry for her, when Cersei kissed Tyene, she knew that it wasa poison.

I really like that Dany and Jon started as sort of two individuals like no he took my toys vs she wants my toys, I paid for it. It was kinda cute and endearing tbh. But you can tell they have interest in each other, not like romantic yet, sort of respecting each other ... she already is warming up to him. On the terrace, the look she gave him and conversation with Tyrion staring at flames, and just out of blue mentioning he took a knife to his heart - she wasn't even listening to Tyrion in that moment.

Both have good points. Jon doesn't know her but foreshadowing is there, Torrhen and Aegon. Dany on the other hand logically wants him to give up the North, if he wants her help.

Lady Olenna ... gonna miss her, she went out with the ultimate FUCK YOU to Jaime and all the Lannisters.

Euron is just such a cheeky bastard, I love him. Pilou is doing a fine work.

Battle was good, short and I liked the detail of Tyrion talking as the battle was going on. Usually we have battles itself but this was nice.

Bran is a weirdo but their reunion scene was awesome, Sophie nailed it too. When she saw him, Arya will be emotional too. Bran mentioning her wedding night and the fact that Ramsey raped her freaked Sansa. Who wouldn't and really Bran is now 3ER.

I loved this episode so much, top 5 definitely so far.

3 hours ago, Fearodh said:

Overall I really liked it. Jaime and Olenna was great. CR and Highgarden was great.

Dany and Jon was ok... Seems kinda stupid the "problem" they are making up between the two. Both have quite a history of understanding people and both should really have an easy time understanding the others perspective.

Only part I did not like was Bran and Sansa. Could have been such a happy moment and Bran was overly cold.

And actually it is a lil weird how super clever Cersei has become. In the past she put one blunder after the next and only saved her arse by blowing up the sept... And now she invites CRAZY EURON and has a super successful cooperation with that mad man, anticipates a move against CR, brings Tarly on her side, sacks Highgarden and is super sweet talking to the Iron Bank. But for now I enjoy it as otherwise it would be kinda boring of Dany just easily destroyed her.

I think she used her brain and let jaime and his guys plan the military stuff. Also jaime brought the tarly's to their side not cersei. It seems like oh I don't know maybe jaime should be the freaking king instead of cersei. Also I think the iron bank is playing cersei like a fiddle. Dany is obviously the one who anyone would bet on so why not get what gold they can from cersei while she is still around. It wouldn't suprise me if vary's or someone plotted with the IBB for this reason. By the IBB taking so much gold from cersei at such a crucial time they are weakening her they will likely  quicken her demise which means peace and peace is great for business

8 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Indira nailed the heck our of her scene. I felt sorry for her, when Cersei kissed Tyene, she knew that it wasa poison.

I really like that Dany and Jon started as sort of two individuals like no he took my toys vs she wants my toys, I paid for it. It was kinda cute and endearing tbh. But you can tell they have interest in each other, not like romantic yet, sort of respecting each other ... she already is warming up to him. On the terrace, the look she gave him and conversation with Tyrion staring at flames, and just out of blue mentioning he took a knife to his heart - she wasn't even listening to Tyrion in that moment.

Both have good points. Jon doesn't know her but foreshadowing is there, Torrhen and Aegon. Dany on the other hand logically wants him to give up the North, if he wants her help.

Lady Olenna ... gonna miss her, she went out with the ultimate FUCK YOU to Jaime and all the Lannisters.

Euron is just such a cheeky bastard, I love him. Pilou is doing a fine work.

Battle was good, short and I liked the detail of Tyrion talking as the battle was going on. Usually we have battles itself but this was nice.

Bran is a weirdo but their reunion scene was awesome, Sophie nailed it too. When she saw him, Arya will be emotional too. Bran mentioning her wedding night and the fact that Ramsey raped her freaked Sansa. Who wouldn't and really Bran is now 3ER.

I loved this episode so much, top 5 definitely so far.

I loved how olenna played that. She made sure she drank it all and then paused for a second then told him everything. I really wish she had told jaime how little finger was a part of it.

Loved how they did the end of the sand snakes. They didn't make us watch torture yet it was so brutal.

This was my favorite episode this season too. And I really hope dany asks him about the knife in the heart thing.

I understood why they made bran so weird with his demanor and stuff but I agree WTF did he mention sansa being raped and tortured by ramsey for. He could have just as easily said..well anything even that he knows littlefinger killed their aunt or other stuff instead he goes with the worst thing possible.

I am waiting for dany to lose it with tyrion. I love him but damn in his brilliant plan he has essentially lost her every one of her westerosi allies and now makes dany so weak that given the promo's she will need jon snow to help and thus he now has a massive amount of leverage. Although seeing dany get taken down a notch would be nice she is way too arrogant this season. So I have a feeling tyrion is about to be told to STFU whenever he advises her. And what the hell were tyrion and missandai thinking with that whole "you can't ride the dragons" I'm sorry but the dragons need to have her ride if she intends to use them.