[Poll] How would rate episode 703?

Ran

How would you rate episode 703?  

255 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best?

The Queens Justice?  Should have been named The Queens Revenge or maybe The Kiss of Death.  Perhaps Cercei wins as she got revenge on two people, Elaria and perhaps unknowingly on Olena but Olena not only knows how to slide in the knife, she knows how to twist it as well.

Felt bad for Jaimie.  After saving Olena from long lasting torture he stands mutely as she tells him she killed his c*nt son.  Couldnt do anything at that point so he gets no revenge other than knowing the wizened 99 plus year old is going to die.

Varys great as usual.  Look as his expression when the Red Women tells him she is going to die in Westeros as is he.

Nice to see Cerseis body double is getting more work.  No way was that Lena Headey.

Bran just took over the title of worst actor on GOT from Danny. 

Speaking of Danny, her self centered, spoiled brat routine is so old.  Her explanation of what has happened to her in the past to Jon was a nice summary but her delivery and strong inflections had the opposite effect on its impact.  Seems all of her dialogue this season has been delivered this way.

Another good, low action (although a lot happened) episode.  Cant quite rate it an 8 though so a good solid 7 from me again.

Edited by Ser Graymax

Here is a little explanation on why it was definitely down at bottom with the worst episodes.

• We get the argument that the final two battling for the IT will be Cersei and the NK, which would leave me slightly upset when Daenerys eventually unites.
  • The episode plays out like it did all that time ago in season 1, when important and prominent battles took place away from the viewers eager eyes and were confirmed afterwards i.e tyrion knocked on the head an the battle is over when he awakes. Back in season 1 this quite clearly a budget issues but as we are in season 7 it has more money than the rest. Yes we didn't need to see the full battle but having Tyrion voice over a few snapshots provided me with no fulfilment.
  • Jon is getting worse and worse at conveying what he means to us, he just keeps going on and on about the AoD at any point. He's becoming the kid no one wants to sit next to in school, due to his negativity.
  • Brans return was pretty dreadful and he was just emotionless and expressionless and he just seemed so fucking creepy and weird.
  • Tyrion was a really clever little man, he thought of most situations and back in season 2 we seem him take control of the defense of kings landing in the Battle of Blackwater Bay, he was the real saviour of the city. Somehow hes basically indirectly let all Daenerys Allies be destroyed. Too me he is definitely arrogant and just overseeing everything that he would have seen previously, surely he could have forseen or atleast guessed that Euron would be out there somewhere and would have gone to Cersei. GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER TYRION. 
  • High garden, to start how can no one in Daenery Council for see that High Garden was the place to sack for the Lannisters. again in reference to point 2 this could fall into that category. They are too consumed in their own thoughts that what the Enemy is thinking.
  • Battle scenes looked like they were rushed when put together and were last minute things. Again is this a budget thing to hold back for something huge and spectacular?
  • How did Bran and Meera get back quicker than Arya to Winterfell.

Parts that I did like 

• Jon and Daenerys meeting, through the scenes they got closer and closer and that was portrayed to the audience in a very clear way. 
  • The idea that Good vs Evil is a little to easy in the fact that Daenerys defeats Cersei, teams up with Jon and then defeats the NK etc. What happens if Cersei is actually the Hero of Game of Thrones, shes the one who is learning from her mistakes time and time again, her low points and horrible situations, what happens if she is the protagonist we should be rooting for.
  • Olennas reveal of her killing king Joffrey, would have been nice if she dropped little finger in it too.
  • I love the foreshadowing i.e how indestructible the dragons are, sure one is going to die soon.
  • Poetic in the way she enacts her revenge against Ellaria by kissing Tyene with the same poison she used on Myrcella.

Im always up for criticism so please let me know what you think. 

Here is a little explanation on why it was definitely down at bottom with the worst episodes.

• We get the argument that the final two battling for the IT will be Cersei and the NK, which would leave me slightly upset when Daenerys eventually unites.
  • The episode plays out like it did all that time ago in season 1, when important and prominent battles took place away from the viewers eager eyes and were confirmed afterwards i.e tyrion knocked on the head an the battle is over when he awakes. Back in season 1 this quite clearly a budget issues but as we are in season 7 it has more money than the rest. Yes we didn't need to see the full battle but having Tyrion voice over a few snapshots provided me with no fulfilment.
  • Jon is getting worse and worse at conveying what he means to us, he just keeps going on and on about the AoD at any point. He's becoming the kid no one wants to sit next to in school, due to his negativity.
  • Brans return was pretty dreadful and he was just emotionless and expressionless and he just seemed so fucking creepy and weird.
  • Tyrion was a really clever little man, he thought of most situations and back in season 2 we seem him take control of the defense of kings landing in the Battle of Blackwater Bay, he was the real saviour of the city. Somehow hes basically indirectly let all Daenerys Allies be destroyed. Too me he is definitely arrogant and just overseeing everything that he would have seen previously, surely he could have forseen or atleast guessed that Euron would be out there somewhere and would have gone to Cersei. GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER TYRION. 
  • High garden, to start how can no one in Daenery Council for see that High Garden was the place to sack for the Lannisters. again in reference to point 2 this could fall into that category. They are too consumed in their own thoughts that what the Enemy is thinking.
  • Battle scenes looked like they were rushed when put together and were last minute things. Again is this a budget thing to hold back for something huge and spectacular?
  • How did Bran and Meera get back quicker than Arya to Winterfell.

Parts that I did like 

• Jon and Daenerys meeting, through the scenes they got closer and closer and that was portrayed to the audience in a very clear way. 
  • The idea that Good vs Evil is a little to easy in the fact that Daenerys defeats Cersei, teams up with Jon and then defeats the NK etc. What happens if Cersei is actually the Hero of Game of Thrones, shes the one who is learning from her mistakes time and time again, her low points and horrible situations, what happens if she is the protagonist we should be rooting for.
  • Olennas reveal of her killing king Joffrey, would have been nice if she dropped little finger in it too.
  • I love the foreshadowing i.e how indestructible the dragons are, sure one is going to die soon.
  • Poetic in the way she enacts her revenge against Ellaria by kissing Tyene with the same poison she used on Myrcella.

Im always up for criticism so please let me know what you think. 

I gave it 3.

Again there's no storytelling going on here. It's just characters talking for a very long time about what they intend to do.

I was nearly expecting Archmaester Slughorn to finish chastising Sam by announcing that he gets awarded 50 House Points :huh:

A 10, scaled back to a 9 for some lacklusture dialogue in places and whatever Bran has turned into. But really, to complain too much about this episode is the height of churlish. That was outstanding television.

The meeting of Jon and Danaerys was everything I could have hoped for. High tension, neither giving ground, family grievances hanging in the air like a spectre. Perfect. I even thought Emilia Clarke's acting improved.

Cersei. Some really great moments from her, from revenge for her daughter to no longer giving a fuck what anyone thinks about her and Jamie (though I suspect that may come back to bite her). Acting was top notch.

Final montage was outstanding. People complaining about offscreen battles need to get a grip. We're going to get a lot more action in the coming episodes.

Not fussed about the timeline. I've accepted that the show has changed, and that the slow deliberation and subtlety of the earlier seasons has given way to fast-paced movement. That is as it should be. For me, the show was always going to change pace as we moved towards the end game, and it benefits.

Final word: we really could have done without Littlefinger's ridiculous monologue. Like I get the point he was making, but surely someone could have cleaned up that dialogue a little. Minor nitpick though.

27 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

Brans return was pretty dreadful and he was just emotionless and expressionless and he just seemed so fucking creepy and weird.

Bran is supposed to be creepy - if the story ends up where I think it's going, Bran will end up one of the biggest monsters.

28 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

Tyrion was a really clever little man, he thought of most situations and back in season 2 we seem him take control of the defense of kings landing in the Battle of Blackwater Bay, he was the real saviour of the city. Somehow hes basically indirectly let all Daenerys Allies be destroyed. Too me he is definitely arrogant and just overseeing everything that he would have seen previously, surely he could have forseen or atleast guessed that Euron would be out there somewhere and would have gone to Cersei. GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER TYRION. 

Tyrion has always been overrated and Dinklage's acting definitely is - without GRRM's dialogue, the character is nothing.

They are just setting it up for Dany to get stress and go full dragon on Westeros, unleashing the Dothraki and fire, so that she inherrits a throne of ash like in her show House of the Undying vision.

What's really hilarious to me now about Dany's whole assault on Westeros is that all her Dothraki will probably end up getting killed and raised by the Night's King, so she will have to torch 100,000 frozen Dothraki screamers :D

Any episode with Littlefinger still alive automatically gets no more than a 4. Horrible dialogue. Timelines make even less sense than before, if that's possible. Sandra is a master armorer now :rolleyes:

Lady Olenna's final scene with Larry saved it from being a 1. It gets a 3 in my book.

3 hours ago, ummester said:

Bran is supposed to be creepy - if the story ends up where I think it's going, Bran will end up one of the biggest monsters.

Tyrion has always been overrated and Dinklage's acting definitely is - without GRRM's dialogue, the character is nothing.

They are just setting it up for Dany to get stress and go full dragon on Westeros, unleashing the Dothraki and fire, so that she inherrits a throne of ash like in her show House of the Undying vision.

What's really hilarious to me now about Dany's whole assault on Westeros is that all her Dothraki will probably end up getting killed and raised by the Night's King, so she will have to torch 100,000 frozen Dothraki screamers :D

maybe in the books hes super creepy but there has been nothing in the show to suggest hes super creepy, only now, lets pick the worst seen imagineable and remind his sister of it, this is f**ked up. Im not so sure on Bran becoming a monster intentionally. 

Tyrion i dont think has been over rated but last season or two yes he is now so partially agree. 

They have been stupid to think and daenerys has been stupid to let her think its going to be a war of no bloodshed, I agree now its going to be a massive build up to the Dothraki and her dragons battling the lannister and tyrell army in open field.  

Edited by Samwell_Tarly

1 hour ago, SuperMario said:

Any episode with Littlefinger still alive automatically gets no more than a 4. Horrible dialogue. Timelines make even less sense than before, if that's possible. Sandra is a master armorer now :rolleyes:

Lady Olenna's final scene with Larry saved it from being a 1. It gets a 3 in my book.

Little finger still alive is a joke, he should have been killed or very very soon. The context is pointless and boring. I used to ignore timelines but as said its getting ridiculous. I also hate the fact things that shouldnt be overlooked are and then there is screen time for stuff that serves no relevance to the plot or any part of it. The bad scenes massively over rid the good scenes, there was a good few well thought out scenes ie the one with Dany and Jon, Ollena's confession too, I did feel bad for Jamie as he tried to do the nice thing but was served some home truths along with Joffreys murder.

gave it a 6.

bran telling sansa he is the three eyed raven able to see the future and the past and what did he look at? ramsay raping her... yeah boy, better watch your third eye. really of all things he could talk about meeting his sister after years of exile, he chose to tell her he was watching her getting raped... i always hated this useless eyeroller, all the people who died saving him... go warp into a jellyfish and look into the sun.

cersei poisoning bronns wife to be was a nice scene though not violent enough, they could have at least half crushed some dorne head.

jon meeting dany... boooring!

greyworm... still alive...

meh

Edited by GilletteMace

Quite surprisingly, I gave this a 9 (even though it was a solid 8). For two reasons. First, I gave the first episode a 7 out of generosity, the second was better so I gave that an 8 to be fair, but since this was better than the second too, I have to give it a 9 to be consistent. Second, I enjoyed watching this. It was fun, it made me laugh, it had some really good stuff that outweighed the really stupid stuff. I collapsed in front of this episode after an awfully long and hard day and it entertained me. That's all I want from this show. I don't want it to be books level, I just want it to be enjoyable in its own right and for me this episode was enjoyable (maybe because I was that tired)

The first 10 minutes had me crying with laughter. It was so awkward and funny. And that worked so much better than if they had tried to make it all solemn and serious. I was glad that Sam was successful even though the Oldtown scene made no sense whatsoever. Euron is a clown, I love this character. He brought color back to a palette that's so deadly boring I could barely take it last season. Of course it makes no sense for KL to cheer him (unless it was common knowledge that Ellaria poisoned Myrcella and the KL citizens have some inexplicable reason to hate Yara so much), but oh well. I loved that Cersei went full mad king this episode, it finally ended the debate of whether it's gonna be mad queen Daenerys or mad queen Cersei. Also, I generally find Cersei terribly boring but she was somehow good this episode. Tyrion is a complete idiot but his scenes with Jon still worked because they brought back all the season 1 feels. I really liked the narrated rock attack, it was a very very good idea, even though the rock looks awfully underwhelming and for some reason they are trying to make us believe that Tywin built it, which is complete bullshit. What else was there? Olenna went out like a Rock Star. Gemma Whelan, Indira Varma, Nikolaj CW, Pilou Person, Tyene Actress and Lena Headey (who I hate as Cersei) acted the shit out of this episode. 

I didn't mind Theon, though the scene was pretty redundant, Theon himself is pretty redundant at this point, he should have died in the battle. And I also didn't mind Varys and Mel. Mel served as an okay plot device to bring ice and fire together even though that's an entirely incorrect observation. Based on what we know so far, Mel brought Ice and Fire and Fire together. Jon is part Fire, he isn't just ice. So ice and fire is either just Jon, or please confirm there was another baby at TOJ and Daenerys is also part ice. Otherwise, these words are incorrect. And yes, euron can kinda teleport and the arch maester said Jorah could only stay one day. But I was fine with both, Euron jumping time to get to a known location is better than Euron gps tracking Yara, and I'm sure Jorah ended up staying longer than a day, several weeks passed in every other storyline too. 

The Winterfell bit was ridiculously terrible from the first second to the last. But that was the only part I active disliked. That, and Daenerys's being an idiotic arrogant inconsistent ass. I don't know why they are doing this to her. Is this supposed to be cool? She is insufferable. Daenerys used to be a nice person and Emilia Clarke used to be able to channel emotions. Can we get some season1 throwback in that regard? 

But yeah, I liked this. It entertained me and there were lots of cool bits. 

Meh. a very generous 5.

The Dany/Jon meeting was good enough, Olenna's last scene was great and a fitting end to her character. The assault on CR was alright, and Cersei poisoning Tyene in front of Ellaria was also decent. Also I'm starting to really enjoy Pilou Asbaek as Euron simply for the amusement factor.

However, there are so many things that make no sense. Obviously the sacking of Highgarden makes no sense. I guess the Lannisters just walked through the front door and took it without a siege, and it's ridiculous how no Tyrell bannerman is left to defend their liege lord (Redwynes, hello?). It also seems that Tyrion and Cersei have swapped brains. Cersei is the one with the intelligent strategies and decisions, while Tyrion is the failing moron who believes himself to be smart. Seriously, how'd they make Tyrion such a dunce? Dany should pretty much fire him, as every single diplomatic and strategic decision he's done for her has turned to shite. Bran's homecoming was also nice at first but then became astoudingly weird... "Let me prove to you how I'm psychic by describing you in detail the night you were raped". It was kind of amusing, if I'm being honest.

I just want to read Winds of Winter.

Edited by The King Of Cooked Steak

I thought it was a very good episode.  Very thought provoking.

I loved Jon's and Davos' faces when they saw the dragons like "holy shit, they're real!"  I also enjoyed  Jon and Tyrion's conversations, some of it was quite amusing.  (Come on, not everything has to be dramatic.)

Jon and Dany's meeting exactly what I expected it to be.  Her, arrogant and entitled, hypocritical (you shouldn't judge me by my father but you should honor your ancestor's vow). Him, steadfast in his knowledge that the Army of the Dead is the true enemy and unless/until it is defeated nothing else matters, and to bend the knee to Dany would compromise his purpose/mission.

Aside from the fact that I've never been a big fan of Dany, I found her speech on everything that she has been through to be rather tedious and not all together honest. She did not believe in herself from the very beginning.  She was timid, naive and scared to death of Viserys.  Her confidence grew over time, not in small part due to Drogo and Jorah. I was glad to see that she is already starting to consider the possibility that what Jon told her about the WW is true. Last episode Melisandre told her that the Long Night was coming (although she clearly didn't understand the full implications of that) and also to let Jon tell her what he had seen. Now with her ships gone and most of her armies gone or stranded at Casterly Rock, she doesn't have much to back her demands that Jon bend the knee.  She also caught what Davos said about taking a dagger in the heart which will inevitably lead to more questions that will hopefully change the way she sees her position.  Perhaps it will not take her long to realize that she needs to help Jon before he can help her.

Some people think Tyrion is failing Dany as Hand, some people think that Jaime (not Cersei) is just a brilliant military strategist, but could there be a third option?  Could Varys have betrayed her?  It's hard to imagine why he would but my husband is convinced that is the only way Euron could have intercepted Yarra transporting the Dornish army AND that Dany was going to attack Casterly Rock AND that House Tyrell  turned to side with Dany.  Myself, I don't think Jaime & Cersei had to be geniuses - Cersei killed the Tyrells, so DUH Olenna wasn't gonna support her.  Ellaria killed Cersei's daughter, so obviously she's not gonna side with her DUH.  Who are they going to support?  DUH.  And we already knew that Euron was out looking for Yarra's fleet, and it probably wouldn't be that hard for Jaime to figure out that Tyrion would know they needed to knock out the Lannister army.  Maybe it's all a little too convenient and done just for the sake of moving the story along (since we only have what, 10 episodes to wrap up the whole series), but it is plausible.

Olenna rocks!!  Even when she's dying!  I don't feel sorry for Jaime - he tried to kill Bran and then someone killed his son. ( I do wonder if it will affect the way he sees Cersei though.  Her hatred for Tyrion always poisoned her attitude toward him and she was so convinced he killed Joffrey.)  I really enjoyed their candid exchange.

Arya is reunited with Nymeria - YAY!  Although I was hoping Nymeria would at least lick Arya's hand before taking off.  I hope they show Nymeria staying close by like she did in the books, and Arya start having her warging experiences.

Sansa and Bran reunited – Yay?  It was happy at first, but will probably prove to be heartbreaking for Sansa as she begins to understand what has really happened to him.  And of course he is creepy, the first 3 eyed raven was creepy.  And he would have to shut himself off to emotion or he’d go insane.  But telling Sansa that he saw her on her wedding night – just wrong.

Cersei poisoning Ellaria’s daughter right in front of her?  I hate Cersei, but I hate Ellaria too and she had it coming.  But I’m glad we didn’t have to see a lot of violence there.  Point made.  Would’ve been a waste of precious time.

Showing more of the battles would have been a waste of time as well.  Plenty more, and better, to come.

Don’t worry, Littlefinger will get his.  Hopefully it will be as satisfying as Ramsey.  Obviously LF still has a part to play.

Sorry, this was so long.  So much happened and so many good comments previously.  I gave it a 9.

Edited by SansaJonRule

I am finding it hard to rate this ep.

I quite liked the Jon and Dany scenes, although I'm sick of Danys tude. Can we have her show a teeny bit of humanity ? Olenna was outstanding and Jaime did a wonderful job of conveying a mixture of emotion throughout this scene. Although I'm still mad they butchered his arc so much.

I also thought Cersei's monologue was too long.

Bran. Ugh I was so looking forward to this reunion but he was a total buzzkill. I get he's the 3ER now but couldn't he show some emotion at finally being back at WF with his family ? For the love of God why did he need to mention Sansa's rape ?! WHY ? If they really had to do that couldn't it have been delivered with some empathy ? I don't get that at all.

I enjoyed the Citadel moments. I like that the story is moving along at a good pace, yet something is just not quite right with this, and I don't know if I'm just being nitpicky.

I think Ill give it a 7.

7/10

I liked the Dany and Jon parts because it was more realistic that they would not fall in love at first sight but instead be wary of each other given their families history. Tyrion and Davos both played their roles well. I also liked the surprise that it was Bran showing up at Winterfell instead of Arya and it makes sense: Bran was a lot closer to Winterfell than Arya. 

But what I didn't like was the again near omniscient ability of Euron Greyjoy to find Dany's fleet and destroy it. Okay, fine, it happened as well as the Lannister army marching all the way to Highgarden undetected. It takes time for a fleet to sail around Dorne so the Lannisters had time to reach the, er, Reach. But if time is burning this quickly then how the fuck are the White Walkers STILL marching on the Wall. It truly has become like the South Park episode where the Black Friday shoppers/zombies are slowly, so slowly, marching on the Mall/Wall. Even in the books it beggars belief but this episode just really struck a nerve with me.

ETA: I did actually like Cersei's monolgue and actually did think her punishment to Ellaria was fitting. Ditto The QoT's fate and that even in death she got the last word. Very fitting if bumming. Cersei is winning but The Iron Bank Will Have It's Due

Edited by Trebla

12 minutes ago, The King Of Cooked Steak said:

I just want to read Winds of Winter

YES!!  Especially considering how the show diverted from the book in season 5.  There's supposed to be another Targaryen child that someone spirited away to Essos the night all the shit went down with the Mad King.  That would make 3 Targaryens.  I wonder how long until Jon finds out?

46 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

The first 10 minutes had me crying with laughter. It was so awkward and funny. And that worked so much better than if they had tried to make it all solemn and serious. I was glad that Sam was successful even though the Oldtown scene made no sense whatsoever. Euron is a clown, I love this character.

That, and Daenerys's being an idiotic arrogant inconsistent ass. I don't know why they are doing this to her. Is this supposed to be cool? She is insufferable. Daenerys used to be a nice person and Emilia Clarke used to be able to channel emotions. Can we get some season1 throwback in that regard? 

We (GoT is a family affair at my house) laughed more at this episode than we have in entire seasons previously.  I thought it was refreshing.  Jon to Tyrion: "I know it's a good question, I'm looking for an answer."  It sounded just like something someone would say in real life and I could totally feel his frustration.  Euron is a hilarious lunatic!

I wonder what Sam will discover in all those texts he has to copy for his penance?

Maybe Daenerys will become human again after her head deflates.  Maybe it is all part of her learning and growing process.