[Poll] How would rate episode 703?

Ran

How would you rate episode 703?  

255 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best?

LETS DO THIS

Again, Modified McShane Scoring System (MMSS) so we are starting at a baseline of 5 since for the third week in a row we are given Tits OR Dragons, not Tits AND Dragons.

Melisandre's abscence at the big Jon/Dany meeting is adequately explained.  Varys does his I Am A Smarty routine only to have Mel get him all shook when she does the creepy Red Priest I know shit even you don't know thing.  Almost worth some points, but then again, now that we've established Mel's powers of prognostication ain't all that should we really be as spooked as Varys is?  WASH.

"Any many who must say I Am The King is no true king."  What, then, are we to infer from Dany having her hypewoman browbeat everybody with her 37 titles again?  I loved how Davos left a pregnant pause after introducing Jon Snow, like he wasn't going to mention anything else because the name Jon Snow is enough of an introduction.  That's SWAG.  Take notes.  But he goes on to read Jon's resume nevertheless.  Jon cuts him off before he can get to Literally Came Back From The Dead since after all it's a bit sketchy to run around telling people to fear the undead when you're technically undead yourself.  If we're supposed to be turning on Dany and getting fed up with her this scene was pretty good, because she talks a lot about her rights and not so much about her duties.  And in Stannis' old chair no less.  Anyway Jon doesn't kneel and doesn't back down when Dany tries to push him around and gets irritated when he doesn't genuflect to her.  Tyrion mediates as the bridge between Dany and Jon, as you'd expect.  Get used to that.  That's how the would-be Westeros Saving Triumvirate was always gonna have to be.  WASH because I'm not sure if "hey, Dany's being kinda an asshole here" is the takeaway they mean us to have.

Just on camera long enough to be fished out pulled abridge, it's Theon Greyjoy.  LOL Theon's still pitiful and the Ironborn don't respect him.  ISN'T IT FUNNY?  No, not really.  Not sure why they bothered at all if they were going to keep this so brief and establish nothing new with.  I'm gonna go - 1.5 because I'm running out of patience with their beating the drum on LOL Theon still sucks before they (hopefully) finally pull the trigger on him rising harder and stronger [not a dick joke]. 3.5

Yara led through the streets of KL on a leash by Euron with some blood on her face.  Good.  That's all we need to see there; the audience can fill in the blanks.  Also relieved she's not actually dead yet since it lets me keep clinging to my unfounded optimism that there's going to be some Theon heroics coming at some point.  Indria Varma and Bad Pussy get Shame Walk Lite (tm), Euron Greyjoy BUT YOU HAVE HEARD OF MEs Jaime and Cersei, drops off the Dornishwomen and leaves them to Cersei's revenge.  Cersei's revenge is thorough and logical and kinda too Poetic Justicey for a villain, but it works and the show does a good job of getting over that Cersei is diabolical without trying to hammer it home with shocking visuals.  Too bad it took way too long.  Okay, Yeah, I get it, where's my fast forward button.  Did like the Snakes being chained so they could lunge toward each other and be just out of reach.  An echo of Rickard and Brandon Stark with the Mad King.  Too bad Jaime didn't see it.  That would've been interesting.  Relieved at the lack of GRIMDARK in this segment but, even though Varma acted the fuck out of this scene, especially the bits with the gag where she did it all with looks and mannerisms (Ellaria was not particularly well written over the last three seasons but the acting was solid, pro job by a pro actor) I can't give a positive score to anything that prompts me to press fast forward.  Especially in light of Theon getting the short shrift this week.  WASH.

Do like the short haired messenger girl Cersei's employing.  I'd forgotten about her so much I don't even remember whether the other time she showed up was episode 1 or 2.  I quickly forgot about her again until somebody somewhere pointed out the short hair thing, like Cersei has either "started a fashion trend" in King's Landing or she's enforcing an employee dress code with the servant staff so nobody out-hots her.  The point is she's getting exactly the right amount of time and dialogue to be established and yet completely forgettable, so in a few episodes from now when she shows up again you'll have just enough time to notice how OFF it is that she's getting a second line and lingering in the shot before she pulls off her face, runs Cersei through with Needle, and fulfills her destiny.  It's such a sure thing the Iron Banker is in King's Landing to recoup the bank's losses by betting money on this happening.  OR, she's the greatest red herring of all time.  Either way, I'm giving out a bonus point for Chekov's Messenger Girl.  [4.5]

Did you notice Maisie Williams was not in this episode?  There's another clue.  Bonus half point because I am feeling this.  [5] 

Archmaester Jim Broadbent gets his Stannis on by simultaneously A] rewarding Sam for bravery, ingenuity, and doing the impossible, and then B] punishing Sam for insubordination and almost killing everyone in the Citadel.  Jorah is on his way to tip his fedorah at Dany one more time.  Heartsbane is still completely forgotten by the characters on the show and possibly by the producers themselves.  They're kinda rushing through this thing and I'm not sure what the point was of Jorah getting grayscale was in the long run.  UNLESS.... he's not really cured.  Come to think of it Archmaester Slughorn only checked his physical health.  Ser Friendzone could still come down with The Crazy.  Eh, I'm just setting myself up for disappointment when that doesn't come up.  I guess this will end up being another bridge between Team Jon and Team Dany when Jorah talks about his miracle cure at the hands of some dude name Sam Tarly and Jon is all "holy shit you know Sam?" and Jorah's all "holy shit YOU know Sam?"  And so on.  I'll give this half a point.  [5.5].

Oh, The Iron Bank is still gonna be a thing?  And Cersei's kinda getting away with telling them to Get Fucked back in Season 4?  Easy Come Easy Go.  Half a point deduction for keeping the Iron Bank in the mix, but doing so in a kinda lame fashion.  If Mark Gatiss isn't gonna yank royals' chains I don't wanna see it.  [5]

Littlefinger starts rubbing one out under his robes as Sansa flexes about bean counting and points out some dudes are making armor wrong and has Lord Royce Handle That Shit.  Then he starts trying to do some Sun Tzu quotation shit or whatever and I'm wondering where the fuck is Brienne?  The Physical Manifestation of Sansa's Conscience should be lingering and ever ready to shoot a Stern Look at Sansa or better yet introduce Pedobear to some Valyrian Steel.  Though I guess I can dig the idea that when Brienne isn't around Sansa is more evil-friendly and susceptible to Littlefinger's horseshit.  Also, where the fuck is the TENSION between Royce and Littlefinger?  If Sansa's gonna be all empowered now as a reward for being raped (:angry:) or whatever shouldn't that would be wedge be around for her to notice, investigate, and then exploit?  One convo between Sansa and Royce and Littlefinger's ass is grass with the Vale Army still at her disposal.  Anyway some jabroni interrupts to summon Sansa to the gate and WE HAVE A STARK REUNION!  Love Sophie Turner here, 100% switching all gears and she's all tears and hugs.  Even though BEEP BOOP BRANBOT 9000 IS ONLINE AND DOES NOT UNDERSTAND PROMPT C:/ "tears and/or hugs".  Meera is silent but pointedly does not join in with the happy feels, which the show doesn't make much of but I'll credit just the same.  Bittersweet is written on Ellie Kendrick's face.  Also not only has she seen some shit at this point you know she's dog tired after dragging dude across 2/3 of the north in his sled and having to stop every time he sees a tree.

So, you've downloaded the entire history of Westeros on netflix and you're watching it.  You've reunited with your sister.  You have a shit ton of valuable and powerful information at your disposal, and you see your destiny and everyone's destiny so clearly that you've gone over the edge and are super detatched.  What's the first thing you say to her?  What's the most important thing to relay to her?  "White Walkers are real?"  "Littlefinger is a fuck and you should totally kill him?"  Something about Jon? NO, SILLY SUMMER CHILD!  THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO DO IS FUCK WITH HER HEAD.  Dr. Branhattan joins Littlefinger in rubbing one out as he talks about Sansa's wedding night in the creepiest fucking way.  "Man you were so beautiful when you were getting ready to get raped."  The Fuck?  Sansa GTFOs because this is too weird and that's the most sensible thing anyone has done all season.  I get what they're trying to do with Dr. Branhattan.  I just don't particularly care for it or think they're doing it as well as they could.  Bonus points for Sophie Turner's performance, for a Stark Reunion! and for Meera Reed being as she should be.  Minus points for No Brienne, no static from Royce, and for Dr. Branhattan being creepy more for the sake of being creepy than for being an aloof wizard who's brain can time travel.  And for giving us a Stark reunion but having it be lame.  Overall I'm taking a point off. [4]

Dany lets Jon mine Dragonglass after Tyrion convinces her "oh just let him, he'll owe us for it and we don't want the shit anyway".  I kinda like that they're a little more real around each other when they're one on one and Dany doesn't feel the need to FLEX in front of her crew.  I'll give this a quarter point.  [4.25]

I like the editing choice of having Tyrion describe the goofus assault, then the gallant assault, both shown, on Casterly Rock.  I liked seeing Casterly Rock.  I don't like Casterly Rock being kinda "eh" after all this time waiting to see it.  I do like it being a poison prize and a trap, and I really like how Jaime gives the shout out to Robb Stark and explains at the end that he's doing this because Robb got him with it and man did it work so here we go.  I like Olenna dying on her feet (figuratively) and even though Jaime is in totally the wrong place relative to the books and his Cersei feelings I do like how we're dipping back in the well of Every Time Jaime Tries To Do The Right Goodguy Thing The World Kicks Him In The Balls.  Stop Aerys from blowing up a city?  Stuck with Kingslayer label.  Makes some B.S. about sapphiers to keep Brienne from getting raped?  Gets his hand chopped off.  Advocates for a painless death for Olenna?  Her last act as the Queen Of Owns is the reveal that "btw I killed your jackass son because he was a monster and I'd do it again, fuck that little shit.  Tell Cersei I basically just got away with that, thanks for the gentle death."  NIIIICE.  Even with Cersei going over huge in this episode, in the last minute Olenna scores some points on her, dying on as close to her own terms as she could have.  She also didn't rat out Littlefinger, probably in the hope that he will still live to fuck with Cersei more.  Randyl Tarly has officially done what people on this forum have been anticipating from him bookside for years.  You know, he's presented as a super asshole but I have to say I admire how chill and zen he's being about how his priceless magic sword heirloom got gaffled by the son he hates.  Lotta people wouldn't be able to just let that go like that!

Slight bonus for showing us Casterly Rock and Highgarden in the same episode even though both were pretty underwhelming.  Bonus for the stuff with Tyrion narrating the alternate takes on the battle, with slight deduction for re-purposing Tywin's Hand Tower Ho Tunnels Of +6 Hypocrisy for Tyrion's sewer detail, though I do like them making the show.  Bonus for the Robb Stark shoutout and for Olenna dying on her terms and her last words almost literally being Fuck Cersei.  Slight deduction for I'd like Dickon to get an actual line one of these episodes before you kill him off plz.  I'm gonna give this .75 so I my final score can be a nice round

5 out of 10. 

Surprising myself a bit because there was a lot of stuff I really liked here and this had a good deal of satisfactory bow-tying on some loose ends.  And Our Long National Sand Snake Nightmare Is Over!  But the stuff that didn't work really didn't work for me.  A good act does not wash out the bad, as Stannis would say.  Archmaester Slughorn seems to agree, and so do I.  Can't argue with the data.  Lowest score given out this season, and thus the weakest episode overall of the season despite doing a lot of stuff right.  Science has spoken.

I gave it a solid 7.

Things I liked:

Jaime & Olenna: I didn't even mind not seeing any of the battle. The QoT is bad ass & she stole this scene. 

Davos after Missendei's string of titles for Dany "This is Jon Snow...King in the North."

The potential for the last sand snake to be dead. That's terrible I know but some how Last sand snake & mommy managed to act terribly even while being gagged & having no lines. Lena was great though. I love her portrayal of Cersei. 

Tyrion telling Jon he makes him feel like he is failing at brooding LOL I love Peter Dinklage & I love Tyrion but with out The George's writing I'm liking Tyrion less & less. I enjoyed that line though. 

Jon not bending the knee to Danyerys & all her titles. I can't believe I'm even going to say this: I'm a Dany fan. I like her. I enjoy Emilia most of the time. I have read on these forums for years people talking about what a spoiled, self-entitled brat she was & always disagreed but this episode made me see the light. How many times are all her titles & demanding & "I get what I want" speeches supposed to be impressive? She really needs some new lines. Now she seems like just another spoiled rich kid. After everything she has been through why does she behave worse than Sansa in season 1? Has she learned nothing? 

Things I didnt like besides Dany:

Creepy three-Eyed crow/Bran that last scene was fairly normal now is so out there he doesn't even hug his sister back. "Hey Sansa, sorry about the rape & torture u suffered in our child hood home - but hey at least you looked beautiful right?" Effing weird. 

Little finger doing the same thing he does every. damn. episode. Come on now someone please kill him or cut his tongue out or something! 

Euron: I thought after last week's laugh I might enjoy him more but I don't. He is cast terribly & his lines are cringe worthy. - And why does he still have Yara/Asha alive? She is his biggest contender to rule the Iron Islands why not kill her? Maybe this will make sense in time. 

It's been 7 years, over 62 episodes, and yet I can't recall many episodes that I have rated low. This might be the only episode I can recall giving a 5.

I understand what D&D are trying to do. In fact, I actually have admiration for them and whomever else is involved in the writing. In the books, Aegon is in alliance with Dorne, along with Jon Co. In the show, it would have been a terrible idea to introduce another Targaryen, who even in the books feel more like a filler. It was a good idea to combine the storylines of Dany and Aegon in order streamline it due to the limited time they have in terms of episodes. With that said, I really dislike how they did some things since they decided going on this path.

They really should have introduced the alliance between Cersei and Euron last season that way a lot of the travel time with the ships can feel better. If they wanted to get rid of the Sand Snakes, (located in the waters between Dorne and Dragonstone) and the navy by Casterly Rock all in 2 episodes, they needed to manage the time better. D&D should have allowed dany to split her naval forces starting at Essos then lose the sand snakes on their way to Dorne.  This way, while they discuss things on Dragonstone, the other naval force led by Unsullied have time to travel. Furthermore, it would feel more realistic in terms of "ambushes". Euron made port by Kings Landing, directly in front of Dragonstone, yet no one saw or noticed them marching off? Varys seems to have went to a spy master to a useless adviser. By having Dany take loses between trip from Essos, we'd get a simple explanation regarding no intel (everyone is on the middle of the ocean). Again, it just seems that D&D are just applying to Dany what likely happens to Aegon in term of military loses. It's quite possible he ends up losing along with Dorne as they backed him.  

Further things that have annoyed me is

1. LittleFinger, you'd thing D&D would have given us some insight on what his next move was. Instead, every episode so far, his role is becoming worse to watch. If they aren't going to do anything with him, get rid of him, kill him or whatever but stop butchering this guy. Even in the show, he is responsible for most of the events. Yet, he can't seem to pull off one thing in this season.
  2. Bran, he can't act. He has a weird face. There could have been a better way to introduce himself to Sansa regarding what he has become. Saying, I've seen how nice you looked on the say you got raped is not the best way. What's the point of telling a person you are the three eyed raven repeatedly without at the very least trying to explain what that is. He could have called himself smuk kuk ruk and wouldn't be more confused. 
  3. Jon stopping Davos from telling everyone about Jon dying. Why? Sounds crazy? Maybe, but then again, so are dragons, undead, magic, wizards, val. blades..etc. You'd think at the very least he can show his scars..Not a big annoyance but it was like...WHY?
  4. Casterly Rock, it's a normal castle. I was expecting something more but whatever.

The nice things

1. Dany and Jon. It was nice
  2. Varys and Melis
  3. Euron's ship. Feels a lot like Flying Dutchman 
  4. Jorah and Sam
  5. Jaime. The actor playing him has done an excellent job the entire series. He has aged well into the series and it really brings out how the character has matured/developed. A lot like Jon between season 3-6, Jamie is starting to have that effect. He is quickly becoming a character I'm starting to really like despite all his flaws.
  6. Dragons, set pieces, costume, actors..etc. No matter how bad the plot becomes, GOT always this as being par none. 
  7. Cersei doing her version of justice. That woman sure knows how to do revenge

All in all, i like the plot but I dislike the execution. This is mainly due to the way some events are rushed in terms of portraying the passage of time. 5/10 for now but based on future episodes that might change

Edited by xjlxking

23 minutes ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

t believe I'm even going to say this: I'm a Dany fan. I like her. I enjoy Emilia most of the time. I have read on these forums for years people talking about what a spoiled, self-entitled brat she was & always disagreed but this episode made me see the light. How many times are all her titles & demanding & "I get what I want" speeches supposed to be impressive? She really needs some new lines. Now she seems like just another spoiled rich kid. After everything she has been through why does she behave worse than Sansa in season 1? Has she learned nothing? 

Entitled? She earned most of those titles by her actions. You can't call her entitled

8 minutes ago, xjlxking said:

Further things that have annoyed me is

1. LittleFinger, you'd thing D&D would have given us some insight on what his next move was. Instead, every episode so far, his role is becoming worse to watch. If they aren't going to do anything with him, get rid of him, kill him or whatever but stop butchering this guy. Even in the show, he is responsible for most of the events. Yet, he can't seem to pull off one thing in this season.
  2. Bran, he can't act. He has a weird face. There could have been a better way to introduce himself to Sansa regarding what he has become. Saying, I've seen how nice you looked on the say you got raped is not the best way. What's the point of telling a person you are the three eyed raven repeatedly without at the very least trying to explain what that is. He could have called himself smuk kuk ruk and wouldn't be more confused. 
  3. Jon stopping Davos from telling everyone about Jon dying. Why? Sounds crazy? Maybe, but then again, so are dragons, undead, magic, wizards, val. blades..etc. You'd think at the very least he can show his scars..Not a big annoyance but it was like...WHY?
  4. Casterly Rock, it's a normal castle. I was expecting something more but whatever.
  1. Yeah i agree with that just kill him off, they are ruining a character I liked for all the wrong reasons.
  2. Again the most weirdest thing in the series so far, it was all set for a big reunion at first then boom, I watched you getting raped as he gets a mini boner. I hope maybe this was done for a reason but I think not
  3. Hes just mentioned the dead/undead and hes going to say hes being resurrected, wouldnt really go down well after telling her about how bad the resurrected(dead) are.
  4. I was pretty disappointed with both CR and HG

Wow, this was really bad. I don't usually watch the show at all but I was at a friends house and he put it on just to annoy me. It annoyed me a lot. Like I said, I don't ever watch the show, and even the past seasons, but what I saw was really bad statue-like acting and terrible dialogue.
I get the differences in the show and the source books, but this really shocked me that this show gets such high ratings when it made no sense in the one episode I watched.

I will say something nice and that is I liked the scenery because some of it that I saw was close to what the books described, besides Casterly Rock which was NOT built by Tywin. And I liked that Jon and Daenerys finally meet so they can follow destiny and get married.

Overall it was really bad and I had to come here to tell about it. Sorry. I gave it a 3 but I could have gone lower.

19 minutes ago, xjlxking said:
  1. Bran, he can't act. He has a weird face. There could have been a better way to introduce himself to Sansa regarding what he has become. Saying, I've seen how nice you looked on the say you got raped is not the best way. What's the point of telling a person you are the three eyed raven repeatedly without at the very least trying to explain what that is. He could have called himself smuk kuk ruk and wouldn't be more confused. 

OMG that scene was really weird. I don't think this spoils the books at all, but I was really weirded out by this scene and Bran complimenting Sansa.

9 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:
  1. Yeah i agree with that just kill him off, they are ruining a character I liked for all the wrong reasons.
  2. Again the most weirdest thing in the series so far, it was all set for a big reunion at first then boom, I watched you getting raped as he gets a mini boner. I hope maybe this was done for a reason but I think not
  3. Hes just mentioned the dead/undead and hes going to say hes being resurrected, wouldnt really go down well after telling her about how bad the resurrected(dead) are.
  4. I was pretty disappointed with both CR and HG

3. Yeah, I can understand that part but he has wounds that go from one end of his heart to the other. At the very least, he has some questionable proof regarding the statement that he was killed and reborn. Yet, he has nothing with WW or the undead. If he had brought a limb from a wight or something, the same way Mormont did, it would have made more sense. 

4. Highgarden, I feel like GRRM made it out to be too lush and green. By description, it should look like Eden or something elvish from Lord of the Rings. I did not care too much but i understand that point. 

2 minutes ago, Sea Dragon said:

OMG that scene was really weird. I don't think this spoils the books at all, but I was really weirded out by this scene and Bran complimenting Sansa.

Yeah, there were many other ways to let Sansa know that he has powers. He could have reminded her of some fond memory, or one of the numerous times she prayed in the Godswood. 
What the show did was just like  "..wow..okay". Worse, the actor did a horrible job acting that out. 

Edited by xjlxking

15 minutes ago, xjlxking said:

Entitled? She earned most of those titles by her actions. You can't call her entitled

She thinks she's entitled to rule Westeros as a birthright.  Her intentions and motivations in Essos were good, but where Westeros is concerned she just thinks she deserves it and always has.

2 minutes ago, xjlxking said:

3. Yeah, I can understand that part but he has wounds that go from one end of his heart to the other. At the very least, he has some questionable proof regarding the statement that he was killed and reborn. Yet, he has nothing with WW or the undead. If he had brought a limb from a wight or something, the same way Mormont did, it would have made more sense. 

Not sure you understand my point. yes he does have good proof his wounds were too much to have survived so he must have been resurrected and along with witnesses that seen too.

My point is hes basically saying the AoD are people who have been killed and resurrected, Jon was killed and resurrected. It doesnt look good for him.

1 minute ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

Not sure you understand my point. yes he does have good proof his wounds were too much to have survived so he must have been resurrected and along with witnesses that seen too.

My point is hes basically saying the AoD are people who have been killed and resurrected, Jon was killed and resurrected. It doesnt look good for him.

OHHHHHH lol. Yeah, that thought did not occur to be. I have to agree with that. 

5 minutes ago, xjlxking said:

4. Highgarden, I feel like GRRM made it out to be too lush and green. By description, it should look like Eden or something elvish from Lord of the Rings. I did not care too much but i understand that point.

3.  I think revealing Jon was raised from the dead would have been too much too fast and might actually have hurt his credibility.  After all, they're already asking her to believe WW are real, and he and Davos don't know Melisandre is there to confirm it.

4.  The Reach is the most fertile area in all of Westeros.  That's why Highgarden supplies so much food.  So of course it is lush and green.

I gave it a 5/10.

I liked the battle scenes while Tyrion was speaking about them, although I would have preferred them to be battles, instead of 3 minute battles.+1

I liked Dany.+1

Sansa seemed real Sansa after a long time+ Sansa's words to Bran.+6

Sansa+Bran sibling hug +2

Cersei as a ruler, the sept incident as a tragic accident felt like a joke. -2

Jaime was so horrible to see as a character + sexual encounter -7

Not sure what they are trying to do with Bran, it feels like there is too much trauma going on and what he sees makes him feel sad so that's why he acted this way -2

Olenna +6

Total score:5/10

Edited by Meera of Tarth

20 minutes ago, SansaJonRule said:

3.  I think revealing Jon was raised from the dead would have been too much too fast and might actually have hurt his credibility.  After all, they're already asking her to believe WW are real, and he and Davos don't know Melisandre is there to confirm it.

4.  The Reach is the most fertile area in all of Westeros.  That's why Highgarden supplies so much food.  So of course it is lush and green.

3. Yeah but Dany has seen a witch bring back Drogo (somewhat). There are Dragons on the same island. Jon just brought up White Walkers and the undead, but it's too much to show proof that you got killed and resurrected?

4. It was shown to be lush and green considering that "winter is here" for some time now. I think it was good enough

5. I said why I disliked much of it in the rant and rave thread. I did like some scenes though 

*Olenna and Jaime's scene was definitely a highlight. 

*Mel and Varys had an interesting, albeit puzzling conversation. It made me wish those two characters had interacted in previous seasons!

*Bran reuniting with Sansa was touching in the beginning at least. 

A lot of people have complained about the timing in this episode i.e. how could Euron's fleet gotten to CR so quickly and how could the Lannister army gotten to Highgarden so quickly?

Well, since last episode Meera has dragged Bran all the way from the Wall to WF and I believe that was a month journey on horseback. Additionally Jon traveled from WF to the coast and then had to sail all the way down to Dragonstone. I think we can infer from their journeys that AT LEAST a few weeks have passed.  Euron clearly had a long distance to sail but no further than Dany's fleet, and CR to HG is not that far compared to how far everyone else has to go. So I think we have to assume there was a good month or so between episodes.  

I don't even know how much time is supposed to have passed since the series began. Does anyone?

Dug Davos' scene(s), Varys and Mel, and Olenna going out with a final insult to the Lannisters (despite the unrealistic loss). Everything else ranges from mediocre to rubbish. As the seasons and episodes go on, I find it harder and harder to suspend my disbelief; way too many glaring inconsistencies and odd choices popping up - and it doesn't help that the writing has gone subterranean.

5/10

1 hour ago, xjlxking said:

3. Yeah but Dany has seen a witch bring back Drogo (somewhat). There are Dragons on the same island. Jon just brought up White Walkers and the undead, but it's too much to show proof that you got killed and resurrected?

4. It was shown to be lush and green considering that "winter is here" for some time now. I think it was good enough

3.  Drogo was brought back with black magic - she could very well assume the same of Jon and I don't think that would help his cause. I don't doubt it will come up. I just don't think it would have been useful at that point. 

4.  HG is wayyyy south. Maybe that was their way of demonstrating just how long the continent stretches, like Iceland to Mexico. It's so hard to get a feel for distances, just like the passage of time.