[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

1 hour ago, SweetPea said:

Why can't anyone in this show speak plainly? Everyone is talking in riddles.

Jon just throws in the phrase "army of the dead" without any explanation at all. WTF? How about you explain that the Other's have returned, unburnt bodies are being resurrected and they have already won two battles at Hardhome and at the Fist. Why don't you tell Dany that their ice swords shatter normal swords and that is why you need the dragonglass? No explanation at all. Jon is such an idiot. And where the fuck is Ghost?? Having Ghost would help estabilish Jon and Dany as equals, (1) both having supposedly extinct creatures at their sides, and it would be at least a small proof that yes, magical things are happening in the north.

Littlefinger speech was just ridiculous. Be everywhere always at all times in your mind. Okay, great advice.

Bran was equally ridiculous. "It's difficult to explain. You wouldn't understand. I can't be Lord of anything. I'm the three eyed raven. I see everything. You looked beautiful when Ramsay raped you." LOL. I have no words for this. 

The writers seem to think that nonsensical = mysterious and deep.

Direwolfs were never extinct, they just didn't live south of the wall. Migration of a species beyond a 'natural barrier' (The wall) is a big difference compared to decades old petrified eggs suddenly being hatched. 

Edit: spelling/choice of words

2 hours ago, falcotron said:

He's in Meereen. Dany created a provisional council can devise a system of government that gives power to the people, and left him in charge, with the Second Sons as the people's army, until they do so.

I'm not sure how D&D intend us to believe this will turn out. Is Dany's council of uneducated former slaves, religious leaders, and rebellious sons going to invent modern representative democracy in a society that doesn't have the philosophical or historical background, and then implement it without a hitch, and then elect Daario as President for a few terms a la Washington or de Gaulle? Or are we supposed to think Dany was being naive about politics, and they're going to end up with a badly-designed medieval commune that quickly falls apart and Daario runs for his life as the city burns like book!Astapor? Or that she was naive about Daario, and he's going to make himself First Citizen of a Republic that's basically an autocratic empire in all but name?

I'm not sure. But I am pretty sure that calling Daario back early would leave Meereen in chaos, probably to be quickly conquered by evil bad guys who hate freedom.

Oh, yes,I forgot about Daenerys Targaryen, Restorer of Democracy and Rightful President to the Seven Kingdoms. Apparently Aegon the Conqueror was voted King by his 3 dragons around 300 years ago, and Drogon, Viserys and Rhaergar have just recently voted in referendum to restore his descendant back to power.

Sweet

11 minutes ago, Attitude said:

Direwolfs were never extinct, they just didn't live south of the wall. Migration of a species beyond a 'natural barrier' (The wall) is a big difference compared to decades old petrified eggs suddenly being hatched. 

Edit: spelling/choice of words

Ok, that's a fair point but still, having Ghost by his side would be a symbol of power for Jon. And there's also the fact that Jon came back from the dead which I think can be considered a similiar miracle to Dany hatching the dragon eggs.

This is a very minor point, but still irks me.

When Cersei was crowned in "Winds of Winter" at end of last season, Qyburn called her "Protector of the Seven Kingdoms" and again tonight when Missandei was reeling off Danny's titles she used "Protector of the Seven Kingdoms".

It irks me because when Robert and Joffrey were kings in the show that title was "Ruler of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm".

That is just more evidence of the inconsistency of the show and how they just change things at random when it suits them. So annoying. Plus the first version of the title used for Robert and Joffrey was so much better.

11 minutes ago, Gaz0680 said:

This is a very minor point, but still irks me.

When Cersei was crowned in "Winds of Winter" at end of last season, Qyburn called her "Protector of the Seven Kingdoms" and again tonight when Missandei was reeling off Danny's titles she used "Protector of the Seven Kingdoms".

It irks me because when Robert and Joffrey were kings in the show that title was "Ruler of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm".

That is just more evidence of the inconsistency of the show and how they just change things at random when it suits them. So annoying. Plus the first version of the title used for Robert and Joffrey was so much better.

Good point. 

Relatedly: Missandei only reffered to Daedpan as "Queen of the Andals and the First Men".

Deadpan has the Dornish among her followers and they leave out the Rhoynar in the title. 

That is something the show has been very inconsistent on repeatedly. Sometimes they include the Rhoynar in the title sometimes they leave them out.

It's obvious that they don't give a shit anymore. No matter what they do, it's still gonna be a huge success and they're still gonna rake in piles of money, so why even bother, let's just rush and half-ass everything and get it over with already.

4 hours ago, Ser Quork said:

You may well be right.  Like everything with this show, proper set-up would have been nice.

Exactly. Nothing is being set-up properly. Bran's development into what he is now should have been handled much better. The same goes for Arya, whose development into what she is now was nonsensical.

The show runners just don't care about the details. As others have pointed out, it's like they're adapting some cliff notes and just padding out scenes with expository dialogue. They're not telling a proper story.

3 hours ago, Armand Gargalen said:

Also, what is up with KL smallfolk? Are they really calling the woman who killed an abomination form incest and the daughter of the queen who blew up the High Sept a murderer? At the very least, the city population should be split in two camps, not unanimously cheering for Cersei.

The common folk at King's Landing were never really bright fellas, to be honest. I think it's been established they're a fairly unpleasant lot that thrives on gossip, intrigue, and drama. 

10 hours ago, Snormund said:

Littlefinger...The character everyone loves to hate, his scheming and plotting set the whole story in motion. He was a loathsome character always but he was incredibly dangerous and interesting before. Now he's just following Sansa around creepily hoping she doesn't find out he fucked her dad over? A far cry from the Littlefinger from earlier seasons, and he no longer seems to have coherent motives!

Varys....Basically became Tyrion's sidekick for a while which was incredible bizzare for someone who has read the books. Varys is far more menacing than the show has shown in quite some time and at this point seems like a harmless (albeit somewhat scheming) old man. His motivations are also muddy but that could be intentional. 

The show just does not know what to do with the behind the scene schemers at this point. Littlefinger and Varys, in my opinion, are the two most dangerous men in Westeros. But what we get is exactly what you described. The only thing Littlefinger has accomplished recently is bring the Vale North and the Vale should have executed him as soon as any house leader talked with Sansa. And Varys who was developed as a man who knows everything always seems clueless about everything all the time. It seems like the only reason they haven't been forgotten about in the show is just so they can be killed off at some point.

1 minute ago, LokisRaider said:

The show just does not know what to do with the behind the scene schemers at this point. Littlefinger and Varys, in my opinion, are the two most dangerous men in Westeros. But what we get is exactly what you described. The only thing Littlefinger has accomplished recently is bring the Vale North and the Vale should have executed him as soon as any house leader talked with Sansa. And Varys who was developed as a man who knows everything always seems clueless about everything all the time. It seems like the only reason they haven't been forgotten about in the show is just so they can be killed off at some point.

The biggest problem the show has when it comes to Varys, in my eyes, is the fact they omitted young Aegon. One of my favourite chapters of the books was the epilogue in Dance where he comes and kills Kevan Lannister and delivers his speech:

Aegon has been shaped for rule before he could walk. He has been trained in arms, as befits a knight to be, but that was not the end of his education. He reads and writes, he speaks several tongues, he has studied history and law and poetry. A septa has instructed him in the mysteries of the Faith since he was old enough to understand them. He has lived with fisherfolk, worked with his hands, swum in rivers and mended nets and learned to wash his own clothes at need. He can fish and cook and bind up a wound, he knows what it is like to be hungry, to be hunted, to be afraid. Tommen has been taught that kingship is his right. Aegon knows kingship is his duty, that a king must put his people first, and live and rule for them.[

At that point, I had an 'Ahhh!' moment - it was like Varys' overall plan was starting to make sense and had a purpose.

Right now, he doesn't really seem to be plotting anything in the show. He is clearly of no great importance to Dany after the telling down she gave him in E02. The exchange between him and Melisandre in E03 was odd. It suggested she knew a bit more about him than he thinks anyone knows, but then again, I don't trust much that comes from the woman that thought Stannis was Azor Ahai reborn...

Varys is one of the most interesting characters in the series and he is quite clearly being marginalised, with no clear direction as to where he is going or what he is plotting, if he's even plotting anything anymore.

17 hours ago, Lord Godric said:

I've heard it suggested (I think of History of Westeros podcast) that the reason Bronze Yohn keeps popping up is for a meta reason, to remind the viewers of Bronze Yohn in the event that LF is killed or somehow stripped of his control of the Vale and then the Vale will be led by a character that the viewers know. I think this is the best plausible reason I have heard so far. 

While this is possible (hell, everything is possible in D&D's universe), the real leader is Sweetrobin who is the rightful heir (if we think that he is Jon Arryn's son, which doubt) to the Vale. Sweetrobin named (not on screen but it's obvious) LF as the commander of the army, so rebelling against LF would be a rebellion against the Vale lord. Although in the books the Vale lords aren't particularly happy about LF, they seem loyal to their lord. If you get what I mean. And if D&D would be even bothered with such a thing.

13 hours ago, Lord Varys said:

And if he cared about the welfare of all humanity he would not insist on stupid titles and independence, etc. How could he maintain that in any case if Dany's armies would come north to help him defend the Wall?

I don't think so. Jon not bowing to Dany was one of the very few things about this episode I liked. If he bowed, he would practically be her vassals. And when the time comes for Dany to help him, she could be like "I'm a dragon though! A dragon doesn't listen to or obey servants, sucker!" While if Jon keeps his title (he was elected a king and has a kingdom to rule over, while Dany practically crowned herself because she thinks its her right and has one island which she didn't even conquered), he and Dany can be allies, not a queen and her servant. #justanopinion

12 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

2. What. The. F*ck. With. Bran. He was literally a bitchy teenager last season whining that the 3 eyed raven would let him go up to the tower. And now he is like Yoda in a Zen garden with a blank face and blank voice and throwing around the worst lines of the entire series? Can he at least pretend to be happy to see his sister for his sister's sake? Hello sister. I can't be lord of Winterfell. I'm the three eyed raven. I see everything. The three eyed raven taught me. Oh you don't understand? That's because I'm deliberately talking nonsense to sound insanely wise. Oh and it's also because it's too difficult to explain. But I have an idea, I'll give you instant ptsd by reminding you how pretty you were on your unwanted wedding day. Because that's the kinda shit your late husband would say and I guess you miss him. You don't? That must be difficult to explain too. Well bye sister, I must sit here in the cold and wear this terrible blank expression for the rest of the show. (And make no mistake, Sansa is just as bad, she is so so so insufferable and so so so full of contradictions) this whole reunion was absolutely underwhelming and pretty redundant. They didn't share information, they didn't share memories, they didn't share emotions. maybe talk about... hmmm... FREAKING RICKON? 

:lmao:Posts like this are why I love this thread.

12 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

I guess most viewers still luv Dany, I dunno, I hate her, but I hate her book self also. 

Yeah, I hate her too. The book Dany (and to an extent the show Dany) was likeable during the first two books. When she sacks Astapor it all goes downhill for me. What I dislike about her is that "I'm a dragon, you will all burn" persona and that "I'm a wise queen, I love you all" persona. I mean, choose one of them and stick to it. You can't be a "good queen" if you crucify ~200 people for something they might not be even guilty for and you think that you're better than them.  I wouldn't mind if her "mad moments" would eventually lead to her being an evil queen like her father, that'd be at least an interesting evolution.

11 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

eta, I usually knock Gillen, but I thought he did a good job considering that monologue about doing everything all the time was deeply nonsensical, he made it sound almost logical.  They've fallen hard since chaos is a ladder, though

I agree that he Aidan did a really good job with what he had and we all know that it wasn't much. I do like Aidan though. ;)

10 hours ago, Sea Dragon said:

And I have one more question. I heard that Summer the direwolf was killed last season (I did not watch it) but did they also kill Ghost?

Yeah, Summer was killed practically for no reason at all last season. Ghost's been more or less invisible ( ;) ) for some time because they don't have budget high enough for him...

9 hours ago, OldGimletEye said:

I can't wait to see the part where Dany goes "eww, I just had sex with a fire wight."

:lmao:

8 hours ago, Howling Mad said:

Aren't dragons supposed to have dragon riders? When do Jon and Tyrion get to ride the dragon? Its past tine for D&D and HBO to pay for some CGI.

Honestly, I am very surprised that when Tyrion (or who it was) was like "You're gonna fly to the battle alone?", Dany didn't say something like "No. You and Miss will be the other riders."

7 hours ago, of man and wolf said:

Where the heck is Edmure Tully?

A very, very, very good question. Sansa wrote a letter to her grand-grand-uncle last season, but I suppose that she doesn't care at all about Edmure. In fact no one does. And another one bites the dust...

6 hours ago, Iron Mother said:

Dany for the first time REALLY came off as a total spoiled brat bitch.  She pushed the limits of her endless titles over in Essos but it was plausible because she was conquering everything.  But when she met with Jon, my opinion toward that was very much changed.  I was like "who the F are you, you came here In Name Only and demanding Jon to bow". 

It was the first time we see her in Westeros - a place where she has conquered nothing yet.  Jon played it well by neither fearing her or bowing and also reminding her she is basically just another CLAIMANT like anyone else.  I thought that was fabulous.  He put her in her place without it being offensive.  I mean, what was she gonna do, burn him alive?  She probably would have if it wouldn't ruin her chances as a peaceful agreement with "the people".

So, First Time Dany-Be-Bitch for me.

I agree with all of this. Except for the "first time". Dany seems bitchy for quite some time. And this infection apparently hit Miss too...

5 hours ago, athmystikal said:

But Isn't Victarion already on Dany's side? And Asha is a captive of Stannis.

So perhaps the Greyjoy brothers would be fighting each other instead of Yara.

No. Victarion wants to kidnap Dany and make her his bride to upset Euron although overall he is on Euron's side (at least I suppose so).

4 hours ago, darmody said:

She was definitely sexually assaulted by her brother. Was rape implied in their relationship?

Maybe in the show (never directly referenced or shown though) but she wasn't raped by Viserys in the book. In one of the books, I believe it is in A Dance With Dragons, it is mentioned that Viserys wanted to have sex with her the night before her wedding with Drogo to claim at least her maidenhood if he can't have her as his wife. But he was stopped and talked out of it so the rape never happened.

4 hours ago, Ser Quork said:
  Hide contents

Since GRRM said Beric has no heart beat, his blood doesn't flow, penetrative sex is kind of out of the question for Jon.

The plus-point is then - resurrected Jon (if it happens in the books) won't be after boatsex. Can you say hallelujah!

Spoiler

The book Beric (and Lady Stonehard) and the show Jon aren't the same kind of zombies though. Beric and LSH changed after the resurrection, their motivations are kind of limited in comparison to humans. Beric was on an endless mission to help the common folk and pursuit the raiders, as he was commanded by Ned Stark to do so. LSH wants to kill everyone who is linked to the Freys, to the Boltons or to the Lannisters, who were responsible for the Red Wedding. She doesn't really care about anything beyond that - in AFFC she doesn't care when Brienne tells her that she wants to find Sansa and keep her safe. She doesn't care about Sansa at all. She doesn't care about Brienne's loyalty, she just seems Brienne linked to the Lannisters and that's it.

While the show resurrected Jon hasn't changed at all. He is still the same. So what applies to Beric and LSH doesn't apply to Jon, imo.

7 hours ago, Forlong the Fat said:

What they oughta do is cater the show to the real sharpies, I mean the brightest of the bright, like you.  They oughta have a calendar they could dissolve in between scenes, and they could just tear off pages to show the proper passage of time. That way, the real bright folks like you would know that the right number of days had passed for sea voyages, army marches, and suchlike. 

They shouldn't have condensed the last two seasons in 13 episodes. As a writer of fiction, one must have a plausible, timeline to chronicle a series of events. The show did this competently when they were based off of the source material. From seasons 5-6, this is has dissolved. If I never read the book I would be confused.....or think that Westeros was the size of New Jersey. 

1 hour ago, SweetPea said:

Ok, that's a fair point but still, having Ghost by his side would be a symbol of power for Jon. And there's also the fact that Jon came back from the dead which I think can be considered a similiar miracle to Dany hatching the dragon eggs.

I personally agree with someone in this topic (or another in this section) who stated that Jon interrupted Davos when he was about to tell the resurrection of Jon. He stated that Jon interrupted him because it wouldn't help their case (help us with the fight against the WW). Stating that Jon was resurrected might make them seem less believable (they are already telling stories about zombies and ancient legends). 

Regarding Ghost next to Jon I totally agree (but I guess CGI budget for dragons again).

39 minutes ago, Nerevanin said:

Hide contents

The book Beric (and Lady Stonehard) and the show Jon aren't the same kind of zombies though. Beric and LSH changed after the resurrection, their motivations are kind of limited in comparison to humans. Beric was on an endless mission to help the common folk and pursuit the raiders, as he was commanded by Ned Stark to do so. LSH wants to kill everyone who is linked to the Freys, to the Boltons or to the Lannisters, who were responsible for the Red Wedding. She doesn't really care about anything beyond that - in AFFC she doesn't care when Brienne tells her that she wants to find Sansa and keep her safe. She doesn't care about Sansa at all. She doesn't care about Brienne's loyalty, she just seems Brienne linked to the Lannisters and that's it.

While the show resurrected Jon hasn't changed at all. He is still the same. So what applies to Beric and LSH doesn't apply to Jon, imo.

Spoiler

In the show, Beric is kind of a happy-go-lucky guy now (more so than he was earlier in the TV series), and LSH was scrapped so the show's fire resurrectees seem to be minimally affected by the process and hence we get boatsex Jon.  In the books, we don't know what will happen with Jon yet, but if he's truly dead and then resurrected (by more than a hair-trim), the fire wight comment by GRRM shows we won't be getting boatsex Jon - and frankly this can only be a good thing.

16 minutes ago, LordImp said:

This show dosen't have that much money , so they aren't spending money on making CR and Highgarden as grandious as they are in the books. Instead they uses their budget on big battles and dragons. 

That's such BS.  This is the biggest show on the planet, how many times were the stupid dragons in the episode?  you're telling me they can't afford to CGI a better looking/more accurate Casterly Rock?  Casterly Rock is a giant rock, not much CGI involved, just D&D living up to their Dumb & Dumber personas  

48 minutes ago, Nerevanin said:

I don't think so. Jon not bowing to Dany was one of the very few things about this episode I liked. If he bowed, he would practically be her vassals. And when the time comes for Dany to help him, she could be like "I'm a dragon though! A dragon doesn't listen to or obey servants, sucker!" While if Jon keeps his title (he was elected a king and has a kingdom to rule over, while Dany practically crowned herself because she thinks its her right and has one island which she didn't even conquered), he and Dany can be allies, not a queen and her servant. #justanopinion

But why is he then going to Dragonstone personally to put himself into the power of this queen? She could just take his head, burn him alive, or throw him into a dungeon for this kind of insolence.

A proper king would have sent an emissary that is not he himself to Dragonstone. And that's how George is going to play this if he cared about a Queen Daenerys vs. King Jon story - which he most likely isn't going to play in the books because, you know, Aegon. Once Stannis is dead (regardless how he dies) Jon has no reason to see either Aegon (who is likely going to take care of the Lannisters) or Daenerys as enemies. They will be potential allies or even friends. Especially if Jon were to learn about his true parentage earlier in the books. Then Aegon would be his older half-brother and Daenerys his aunt. Surely he would use that kinship in an attempt to get them on his side and help him against the Others.

And Jon's entire kingship makes no sense. It creates an artificial problem that the book Jon would never create at his own point in the story by unnecessarily antagonizing the potential allies in the South. Even if Tommen won the day down there Jon wouldn't provoke him unduly by insisting that he has to be a king. He may end up claiming Winterfell for some reason and thus controlling the North in practice but not as a crowned king.

The way they do this in the show is just by creating artificial problems by stalling. They don't have much story to tell. It is blatantly obvious with Sansa-Jon and even more so with Jon-Dany.

I mean, why even create a conflict between these two at all. Jon is an unmarried king and Daenerys an unmarried queen. Why doesn't either of them ask for the hand of the other in marriage? Euron asked Cersei and may get her hand eventually (I expect this to happen only next season when Jaime/Cersei have their final fallout for some reason).

It would resolve all their problems before they even begun. That was already clear last season when they came up with that stupid reason as to why Daario had to stay behind.

But, no, they want to 'play the artificial conflict' and 'love before marriage' card. Fine. But the way they are doing this is ridiculous.

One can hope that Dany and Jon meet under somewhat different and much more interesting circumstances in the books.

4 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

But why is he then going to Dragonstone personally to put himself into the power of this queen? She could just take his head, burn him alive, or throw him into a dungeon for this kind of insolence.

A proper king would have sent an emissary that is not he himself to Dragonstone. And that's how George is going to play this if he cared about a Queen Daenerys vs. King Jon story - which he most likely isn't going to play in the books because, you know, Aegon. Once Stannis is dead (regardless how he dies) Jon has no reason to see either Aegon (who is likely going to take care of the Lannisters) or Daenerys as enemies. They will be potential allies or even friends. Especially if Jon were to learn about his true parentage earlier in the books. Then Aegon would be his older half-brother and Daenerys his aunt. Surely he would use that kinship in an attempt to get them on his side and help him against the Others.

And Jon's entire kingship makes no sense. It creates an artificial problem that the book Jon would never create at his own point in the story by unnecessarily antagonizing the potential allies in the South. Even if Tommen won the day down there Jon wouldn't provoke him unduly by insisting that he has to be a king. He may end up claiming Winterfell for some reason and thus controlling the North in practice but not as a crowned king.

The way they do this in the show is just by creating artificial problems by stalling. They don't have much story to tell. It is blatantly obvious with Sansa-Jon and even more so with Jon-Dany.

I mean, why even create a conflict between these two at all. Jon is an unmarried king and Daenerys an unmarried queen. Why doesn't either of them ask for the hand of the other in marriage? Euron asked Cersei and may get her hand eventually (I expect this to happen only next season when Jaime/Cersei have their final fallout for some reason).

It would resolve all their problems before they even begun. That was already clear last season when they came up with that stupid reason as to why Daario had to stay behind.

But, no, they want to 'play the artificial conflict' and 'love before marriage' card. Fine. But the way they are doing this is ridiculous.

One can hope that Dany and Jon meet under somewhat different and much more interesting circumstances in the books.

I was left disappointed with Dany and Jon's meeting. Their initial conversation in the throne room of Dragonstone literally had no direction. She was summoning him on Melisandre's advice and claimed she would make him bend the knee, but she seemed content enough when he declared he had no intention of doing so. I wonder if she had summoned Cersei and she decided not to bend the knee would it have gone down so smoothly? Or Stannis, if he had still been alive. I know Jon is no enemy to her compared to Cersei, but I just don't understand how she was so cool with it.

Also, I know Jon was standing in front of a 'Queen' who was asking him to bend his knee to which he was refusing, so he didn't have much of a bargaining stance, but I found it strange he left out his need for the dragonglass in their initial conversation. Convincing Dany that he needed their store of dragonglass would be a lot easier than trying to convince her of the Others' existence, which he didn't make a great attempt of either, nor did she seem overly interested in the smidgen of information he did come out with. But in hindsight I see what they were trying to do, by using the dragonglass as a way for Tyrion to bring them together like a young cupid with his bow and dragonglass arrow.

I don't know, I found the whole meeting very contrived. I knew, as Varys said in his post, there would have to be a conflict between them before they could become allies (lovers?) but for a meeting of perhaps the two major characters of the series, after 6 seasons, it all fell a bit flat. The dodgy dialogue didn't help.

I'm thankful, though, for the knowledge that this is definitely not going to be how these two meet in the novels.

15 hours ago, lakin1013 said:

Jamie has been utterly destroyed as a character.  He has no coherence, no 'code'. and has become unreliable.  Sleep with your sister - Check.  Be courteous when poisoning an elder - Check.  Look all kinds of warrior-like on horseback when fighting for Cersei.  Check. Get one-upped by Euron's crude sex comments - check.  Jamie was a confused and unethical character until he met Brienne.  Slowly we saw seeds of change.  Well -- all gone.  And if anyone is a Brienne fan, why would you want her to end up with such a broken person as Jamie Lannister?  

True.

Shame, absolute shame about what they've done to Jaime's character. He's become a mindless puppet of Cersei.

51 minutes ago, Ser Quork said:
  Hide contents

In the show, Beric is kind of a happy-go-lucky guy now (more so than he was earlier in the TV series), and LSH was scrapped so the show's fire resurrectees seem to be minimally affected by the process and hence we get boatsex Jon.  In the books, we don't know what will happen with Jon yet, but if he's truly dead and then resurrected (by more than a hair-trim), the fire wight comment by GRRM shows we won't be getting boatsex Jon - and frankly this can only be a good thing.

Spoiler

I admit that I'm not sure how is boatsex related to Jon's resurrection, unless we are focusing on the fact if Jon is or isn't capable of erection, but I suppose that in the books

1) no romance between Jon and Dany will happen

2) Jon will be resurrected but won't be like Beric/LSH because he won't be truly dead. I expect his soul to warg into Ghost - that's why there were two chapters in ADWD about warging and how human souls can survive in animals-warging subjects - and then the resurrection would be "simply" moving the soul from Ghost's body to Jon's. So it will be difference case than with Beric/LSH who were really dead.

Archived