what are your predictions

I predict a Dany win, she  needs one at this moment, and I'm sure  Randyll is probably dying.

One of the things I never got, is that Westeros has experienced dragons before, you would think they would have better technology  for a just in case. Like they made a wall for white walkers but nothing for dragons?

4 hours ago, Dudu42 said:

Jamie is killing Cersei before his demise. It was Maggie's prediction that her little brother kills her, to which Cersei interpreted as being Tyrion, but I'm pretty sure she was refering to Jamie (he is younger by a few minutes). I think this season is Dany vs Cersei, mostly, and next is Dany vs White Walkers.

For the next episode: mass murder. Tyrion is discredited after his plan to hold Castelry Rock turned into a flop by Jamie (pretty unexpected that Jamie outsmarted his brighter brother). Dany is tired of this "don't be a queen of ashes" speech and frustrated after the many defeats. She's likely burning a few Lannisters with one or more of her dragon kids, not only her enemies, but Tyrion is suffering from that frustration as well, that's what I think. 

An alliance between Dany and Jon looks very likely now, given the forces of the north, she might not be able to treat Jon as a possible vassal.

The world at large is unaware of Bran, but kid is basically a druid on steroids now. I think he will be mostly left out of the current war and will be brought again once the bigger war against the White Walkers begin.

I don't see how Jon can convince the northern vassals to follow him south after what happened to Robb. Without them, I don't see how Jon can help Dany. After they get the Dragonglass, I don't see why Jon would stick around. 

2 hours ago, Crona said:

I predict a Dany win, she  needs one at this moment, and I'm sure  Randyll is probably dying.

One of the things I never got, is that Westeros has experienced dragons before, you would think they would have better technology  for a just in case. Like they made a wall for white walkers but nothing for dragons?

The true purpose for the wall was forgotten, as it was a couple thousand years, so many just assumed it was to hold back the many thousands of wildings beyond the wall.

And as Dragons were extinct at around 140AC, they were gone longer then they were present in Westeros. And truth be told, you can't really do much against them other then use another dragon rider against them, as was the case with the Dance of Dragons. 

Not this season, but ultimately I think the person that succeeds in killing Cersei will be Jaime. Something in their relationship falls apart and he turns on her.  I have forgotten some of the details in the books, but there was some omen that one of the brothers would kill the others and Cercei always took it to mean that Tyrion was destined to kill her and Jaime. I think that will play out with Jaimie being the only one who can kill Cercei because he is the only one she trusts. If he does it, would be a really incredible twist because he is the only one that does not see her as a monster.

10 hours ago, SansaJonRule said:

I think it is quite possible. Cersei likes to revel in other people's suffering.

I can't see Jaime freeing them though. Why on earth would he?  Ellaria killed his daughter, to whom he had just revealed that he was her father. She didn't just kill his only daughter, she robbed him of the chance to finally be able to be a father to one of his children. That's what I thought made that scene so especially heartbreaking and I want Ellaria TO PAY!

Because he doesn’t believe in torture? Because he’s turning full on good guy? Because it’s GoT and logic flaws are part of the show?  He might find them, kill Ellaria for the murder and let Bronn run off in to the sunset with the Snake?

My other unrelated non-Jaime theory: if Randyll and Dickon get dragon fired, that leaves Horn Hill lordless so while Sam is copying those scrolls he finds out whatever it is we’re waiting for him to find, leaves the Citadel with Gilly and the presumably teenage by now baby, rides back to Horn Hill with daddy’s stolen sword, becomes Lord of Horn Hill, declares for Jon and Cersei loses the Tarly army and possibly the Reach as a result.

8 hours ago, Dudu42 said:

Jamie is killing Cersei before his demise. It was Maggie's prediction that her little brother kills her, to which Cersei interpreted as being Tyrion, but I'm pretty sure she was refering to Jamie (he is younger by a few minutes). I think this season is Dany vs Cersei, mostly, and next is Dany vs White Walkers.

This is only in the books. In the TV Show Maggie never mentioned the Valonqar prediction.

So D&D can kill Cersei in their way they want. Cersei can be killed by Jamie, by Arya or maybe the IB hires a assassin to kill Cersei for not paying her debts.

Dany will get so fed up at Jon's refusal to bend the knee, that she'll behead him.  Then she'll march to war with his head nailed to her battle standard.  She slaughters and burns everything that exists between Dragonstone and Kings Landing.

Worried as Dany's forces close in on Kings Landing, Cersei sacrifices Bernadette to the infernal powers, in order to seek their aid.

Sansa makes her bid for the Iron Throne.  She massacres the Karstarks and Umbers, and instructs Bran to negotiate an alliance with the Night's King.

Arya and Littlefinger get married.  They plot to overthrow Sansa.

6 hours ago, Muffin King said:

The true purpose for the wall was forgotten, as it was a couple thousand years, so many just assumed it was to hold back the many thousands of wildings beyond the wall.

And as Dragons were extinct at around 140AC, they were gone longer then they were present in Westeros. And truth be told, you can't really do much against them other then use another dragon rider against them, as was the case with the Dance of Dragons. 

Yea they presently don't know, but at that time they knew about white walkers and built that wall regardless of what will happen in the future.

And the targs were trying to hatch dragons all the way until Summerhall and there are still dragon eggs out there. It's like being nuclear bombed and thinking it's not going to happen again but the material is still out there and they are actively trying to make another one. Plus, Dany has three dragons for a while, and they thought she will never come to westeros even though that exact thing happened in the past. I just think it's ridiculous how ignorant westeros is. 

Also there are examples of dragons being defeated such as Dorne and the Doom of Valayria. I would think they would they have made a doomsday bunker or something by now

- A new High Septon who will be anti Daenerys and be Cerseis pet while privatly disliking cersei.

- A new wave of radicalism among the faith of the seven.

- Daenerys will get frustrated with defeates and start to get ready for more violent measures.

- Jaime will think about getting married or it will become a theme in the episode. Im thinking either Lord Tarlys daughter or a Lannister bannerman. Even though i wish he could marry daenerys becouse im a member in the lannister club. ;)

- Stark family conflicts

- Jorah will meet Daenerys i think, but i hope he will go north.

- Demise of Greyworm. I think the unsullied will get exterminated by the Westermen/Ironmen alliance.

- Daenerys will win over some Crownlands lords.

- We will here about Robin Arryn, who i think is very intrested in the dragons. Maybe he will join daenerys for the same agreement as Visenya did?

- Daenerys will tire of Tyrion

Add on:

I wonder what will happen to house frey? Maybe a Lannister cousin can marry the presumably Frey heiress? Some of the Lannister soldiers Arya met were blond maybe they were of Lannister stock? If not House Frey gets some preotectors i think the children and women left will suffer.

Once  Dany finds about Hightower she will ride her dragon there and burn the Lannister armies. Who are headed back to Casterly Rock to block her unsullied. With only Jamie escaping. Maybe Bronn will make it. That clever guy. I hope Dany takes that wagon filled with gold. But I think it will make it to Kings landing. Then Jaime will leave to head for casterly Rock and that is when Dany gets the news about Hightower and she jumps  on her dragon to roast all those Lannisters.

On 8/1/2017 at 8:11 AM, Rippounet said:

She's not the maid yet. But she's got no purpose in Winterfell and is going through an identity crisis. She'll reappear in the south sooner or later. In order for this to be a surprise the viewers need a minor character above all suspicion. The maid is perfect precisely because we've been introduced to her while Arya was in the North.

It'll take a few episodes though.

So while I don't at all think this will happen I like where your head is at.  The way the servant peeked at Jaime when Cersei opened the door isn't all that different from the way the servant at the Frey feast looked at Jaime before revealing herself to be Arya when killing Walder.  I don't believe that Arya killing Cersei with Jaime's face is how it goes down, but this could be a subtle set up to it.

Daenerys has got to have a scene where she is like Sonny Corleone to Tom Hagen in "The Godfather" - "if I had a war time hand of the king I wouldn't be in this shape!  Pappa had Tywin, look what I got."  And then tells Tyrion to screw his ideas, it's time to dracarys some shit.

On 8/1/2017 at 8:29 PM, Lord Derrick Ümlaut said:

Sure she took out the Freys, but from the people that actually set in motion her storyline, she only really has had to settle for doing away with some minor henchmen. 

It's the good ole Kung Fu movie formula.  Start with the lightest competition and work your way up to the boss in the finale.

1 hour ago, Visenya the Dragon said:

Once  Dany finds about Hightower she will ride her dragon there and burn the Lannister armies. Who are headed back to Casterly Rock to block her unsullied. With only Jamie escaping. Maybe Bronn will make it. That clever guy. I hope Dany takes that wagon filled with gold. But I think it will make it to Kings landing. Then Jaime will leave to head for casterly Rock and that is when Dany gets the news about Hightower and she jumps  on her dragon to roast all those Lannisters.

I think she attacks them, and does some damage, but I don't think she obliterates Jaime.  That would be endgame in respect to the war among the living, plus Jorah has a purpose to serve, and his forte is military strategy.

23 minutes ago, Illiterati said:

I think she attacks them, and does some damage, but I don't think she obliterates Jaime.  That would be endgame in respect to the war among the living, plus Jorah has a purpose to serve, and his forte is military strategy.

Yes Jaime escapes barely. I hope Jaimes arc changes sometime soon. I hated him. Then started to like him. Now he has to betray Cersei for me to like him again. He does seem to not be a brutal towards others as much as he once did. I think Cersei will say she will burn Kings landing before she lets Dany take it. Cersei has turned into a mad queen like king Aerys.  I think that is when he will abandon her or hopefully kill her and join Jon with Brienne.

Edited. Jaime will abandon Cersei at the end of the season when she goes mad that she is losing the war and wants to blow up kings landing. From Dany and Brans dreams in the red keep there is snow falling in front of the throne.

2 hours ago, Illiterati said:

3 hours ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

Daenerys has got to have a scene where she is like Sonny Corleone to Tom Hagen in "The Godfather" - "if I had a war time hand of the king I wouldn't be in this shape!  Pappa had Tywin, look what I got."  And then tells Tyrion to screw his ideas, it's time to dracarys some shit.

Does no one care about the unamed soldiers you want to roast? I wonder if modern day polticans think the same way, that you have to have a name to be human?

Archived