Best lines of 7x03.

Mine would be:

"Better get to work, Jon Snow."   No words needed.

"This is Jon Snow .. He's King in The North."    awesome delivery and especially in the contrast of Dany's 100 titles.

"The Bastard of Winterfell ... The Dwarf of Casterly Rock."    sort of like Ned and Robert, old friends meeting again.

"I want Cersei to know, it was me."     as always a stunning delivery by Diana Rigg.

"I have to die in this strange country, so will you."    pretty creepy as was Bran's scene with Sansa in the Godswood. 

I could name Dany's speech to Jon or Davos' speech to Dany but it would be pretty long. So which are yours?

The above mentioned are also my favourites, especially the second and the last ones. 

I also liked that line by Dany where she asks Tyrion whether he is always trying to pass his thoughts off as some ancient wisdom. (Gave me a good laugh as it also happened to remind me of a certain inside joke that is popular among my friends.)

I liked that part where Davos was basically telling off Dany that she's ruling based on entitlement whereas Jon was chosen by the people to rule. It's everything that I've always wanted to tell Dany since the second season. I get that she has saved a lot of people but all the titles attached to her name are unnecessary.

3 hours ago, AvonBarksdale said:

Dany: " We all enjoy what we're good at "

Jon: " I dont. "

And in that depressing moment we found out that Jon did not after all enjoy himself in that cave with Ygritte. 

Or was there anybody who didn't immediately think of that? 

"You'd better get to work, Jon Snow." - Nothing special about this line by itself, but its place in the scene and Emilia Clarke's perfect delivery blended with the music and cinematography made for my favorite moment.

"Are you trying to present your own statements as ancient wisdom?" - Nice to see Dany be funny. Love her & Tyrion together (aside from some out-of-character advice Tyrion has given her lately, but thankfully he was back on track here).

"Daenerys could have sailed for Westeros long ago, but she didn't. Instead she stayed where she was, and saved many people from horrible fates, some of whom are on this island with us right now. While you're our guest here, you might consider asking them what they think of the Mad King's daughter. She protects people from monsters, just as you do."

"We all enjoy what we're good at." / "I don't."

Little Finger's speech to Sansa, makes me thing he isn't evil at all. He's an opportunist, chaotic neutral or true neutral. Sansa is his only weakness.

I really believe Baelish was not trying to manipulate her there, rather he was imparting one of his secrets to her. A gesture of love in disguise. What a wonderful character he is. 

Euron: "Finger up the bum? Giggity!"

Peterfinger:"Play chess in your mind against everyone all the time. Everything is possible. The cake is a lie! Jet fuel cant smelt steel beams!!!"

Lady Sandra: "Are they covering those breastplates in leather?" (since when does she know anything)

Bran:"You were so hot the day you were raped."

Daenerys:"What does perpetuity mean?" (why didnt she ask the fookin TRANSLATOR!?)

Jon:"Nightking" (cringe everytime)

Tyrion:"I'm so smart, my plans are the best "

Varys:"I can run with my arms folded"

Cersei:"Look at me doing my monologue"

Jaime:"Dont let the short hair Vulcan girl see us in bed"

Archmaester:"hmmm, I said you were going insane today but apparently you're just fine to go"

Sam:"I know how to read and follow instructions"

Bronn:"I'm getting paid, anyway."

In order:

- Davos characteristically serving us a cold slice of truth: “if we don’t put aside our enmities and band together, we will die, and then it won’t matter whose skeleton sits on the Iron Throne.” So powerful. Gives me chills.

- Tyrion: “as a good friend of mine once said, ‘Give me ten good men and I’ll impregnate the bitch.’” Loved it. So much nostalgia.

- Not so much because it was a powerful line (it wasn’t at all, really) but I really loved when Greyworm grabbed the dying Lannister solider and yelled “where are the rest of the Lannisters!?” I loved the delivery.

"Or Yours. They just like severed heads, really," Euron, lampshading the fickle King's Landing crowd.

His Mr. Bill-esque "OH NOOOOO!" impression of Theon jumping overboard is hilarious too.

"Your reward is you're not expelled from the Citadel." -- Archmaester Slughorn channeling the spirit of Stannis (would've been nice if Stannis had been able to channel the spirit of Stanns a little more often, but, eh, what's done is done, right?)

But the best line is definitely after Missandei rattles off Dany's 37 titles and Davos simply says "This Is Jon Snow."  And hesitates before going into the resume.  That moment when he just leaves "This Is Jon Snow" there, like that's all he fuckin' needs to say, was a lot of fun.  Dig the contrast, too.

Followed closely by "Tell Cersei, I want her to know it was me."  Much love for Olenna figuratively dying on her feet.

Archived