bran is such a creep...

2 minutes ago, crlovel said:

How is it known?

It's not, really - what is in this story, though?

But they obviously have some special connection. Ages ago, the Children made the Nights King to protect themselves against humans. Until recently, the Children. Nights King and Three Eyed Raven all hung out North of the Wall.

Besides all of that, The Nights King has a face shape just like Bran's and, back in season 4, when Bran had a baby face, the Night's King had a more round face. So something is going on.

7 minutes ago, ummester said:

It's not, really - what is in this story, though?

But they obviously have some special connection. Ages ago, the Children made the Nights King to protect themselves against humans. Until recently, the Children. Nights King and Three Eyed Raven all hung out North of the Wall.

Besides all of that, The Nights King has a face shape just like Bran's and, back in season 4, when Bran had a baby face, the Night's King had a more round face. So something is going on.

In Season 4, the Night King was played by Richard Brake. In Season 7, the Night King was played by Vladimir Furdik. Facial shape could be that simple - different actors, coincidence.

In the books, the wildlings were searching tombs for the Horn, and woke up the Walkers. If I remember right, this is the first winter that the Walkers have been seen in hundreds of years. If the Night King serves the Three Eyed Raven and the Children, it wasn't the best service when they attacked and killed the old Three Eyed Raven and those helping Bran. I just don't see this happening.

1 minute ago, crlovel said:

If the Night King serves the Three Eyed Raven and the Children, it wasn't the best service when they attacked and killed the old Three Eyed Raven and those helping Bran. I just don't see this happening.

It doesn't seem like the Night King still serves the Children at all, not any more - but I imagine the relationship is more like the Children use the Three Eyed Raven to try and control the Night King.

We never saw the old Three Eyed Raven get killed, though I suspect he did. But the killing may well be a necessary part of passing the torch from one Three Eyed Raven to another. Or, alternatively, Bloodraven was just a placeholder, waiting to be killed by the Night King and pass the torch to Bran.

Someone mentioned in a different thread that the wedding he may be referring to was a future wedding, I don't remember if Sans was wearing white (i assume so at a wedding) or if it was snowing as Bran said. I have to hope if wasn't just reminding her of that

2 hours ago, Dawn of Fyre said:

You're wrong about that. Even with his detached demeanor, it is obvious that he was (with a monotone voice) telling her that the snow, dress, etc. was beautiful - a dream wedding, minus the dream husband - and that what happened to her after was a tragedy. He did not enjoy it... And there is no evidence to suggest he was actually watching her naked. He is the Three Eyed Raven; he could have overheard people talking about Sansa being mistreated - he most likely saw her with bruises, crying, etc. after the fact, and put two and two together.

People need to stop making this weirder than it should be.

FYI - the reason he told her about her wedding could be because, growing up, Sansa was the very definition of a lady, who presumably talked about her future wedding a lot. This, for Bran, would have hit home when he learned about her tragedy through the visions. That is why he brought it up. He was sympathizing with her, even though he was emotionless, which is understandable since he most likely witnessed horrors across time and space.

Imagine watching all the Jewish men, women, and children being murdered in World War 2. That shit would fuck you up.

If someone described pictures of Jewish men, women, and children being lined up as pretty and said the day they were being executed was beautiful, I would be incredibly disturbed.  It would sound like they liked it.

I understand your interpretation is how they wanted it to come across.  But that's not how it comes across to me and a lot of people.  I find that they often have trouble getting across what they mean in their writing.  Like Episode 2, where an explanation was needed for the Arya/Nymeria scene unless by chance someone happened to remember their obscure Season 1 callback reference. 

I think it's very simple. Bran has had a lot of emotionally damaging experiences, from being pitched out of the tower at Winterfell to those terrifying experiences running from the White Walkers, to watching Hodor die in his defence and having been separated from his family when just a child. His emotional development has to be stunted. No wonder he could summon up little feeling for Sansa. As for why he picked the horrid wedding night scene to  reminisce about, maybe it was because he was an emotionally stunted person trying to explain he can now see everything.

That scene was perfect. Bran is grooming to be either the main antagonist of the story or a distant arbitrator. He has seen it all so any strong feeling has already dissapeared. In this detachment he has lost any ounce of diplomacy and empathy. Maybe it was a kind of foreshadowing or a piece of advice or caution towards Sansa. 

27 minutes ago, Lothar said:

It's worse than him just being cold though.  Him saying that she was pretty on the way to her rape is a feeling, a really bad bizarre feeling.

Put the rape of a Lady, even your sister, in a rapacious society up against the other visions he's seen......To put it bluntly, he's seen some shit.

Bran is no longer that happy little boy. And Arya is not a happy little girl. Her affect with Hot Pie was pretty messed up too. It's like they both have PTSD. I agree with what someone said earlier... there will not be a happy family reunion in Game of Thrones... that's not how the story works.

3 hours ago, Stormking902 said:

I think some of you missed the point of this powerful scene yes it was creepy as hell but it was used to show how emotionally detached Bran has become even towards his own sister he hasnt seen in person at least in years. 

Yeah this is it for me too. I do think Bran cares and genuinely wanted to let his sister know that he was sorry that she endured such trauma, but at the same time he's become detached.

That's possibly down to his own trauma of what has happened to him. As he said himself he still doesn't have a grasp of his power. He probably involuntarily saw Sansa's suffering like he saw his parents' and Robb's. That is going to change someone deeply nevermind what is essentially still a child. That's how I interpreted it anyway.

56 minutes ago, direwoofwoof said:

Bran is no longer that happy little boy. And Arya is not a happy little girl. Her affect with Hot Pie was pretty messed up too. It's like they both have PTSD. I agree with what someone said earlier... there will not be a happy family reunion in Game of Thrones... that's not how the story works.

Arya and Hot Pei were quite friendly to each other, what are you talking about?

Arya seems to be slowly regaining her identity while Bran is going the opposite way. By her own words she is Arya Stark and while both have been traumatised, Arya hasn't let her identity slip away like Bran possibly has.

If there's conflict between her and Sansa I imagine that will be the crux of it; that Sansa's actions may not be in the best interests of who and what they hold dear. Not because Arya has become a "freak".

19 minutes ago, Denam_Pavel said:

Arya and Hot Pei were quite friendly to each other, what are you talking about?

You watching the same show as me? She was acting extremely cold. Hot Pie was his normal self, but Arya was acting much the same way as Bran.

11 hours ago, The Sunland Lord said:

Creepy? OK. Don't you think maybe that is exactly the way she should be addressed to the real problem leading her to that wedding: Littlefinger. He arranged it.

Why is he a problem? Because he is still around. Bran wanted her to wake those buried emotions from the trauma so that she can face the true source of it. 

Bran evidently knows that Ramsay was a monster, but he is gone. I don't think Sansa is pregnant. 

He knows Littlefinger also probably, for the remorseless sociopathic liar he is, and knows that he killed Jon Arryn, betrayed his father and started the damn war, and whatnot.

The way I see it, the three-eyed raven tells hard thruths in his own unique way to people that should discover something for themselves. 

Great point -- I keep yelling at the tv that Sansa (and presumably Jon because wouldn't she have told him?) that Littlefinger arranged the Ramsay-Sansa marriage.

Bran knows this and of course everything else also, Littlefinger's betrayal of Ned, all of it.

If Bran has the full powers (or even most of the powers) of the 3ER then he in theory knows past/present/future.

With that in mind, he knows the outcome of every single thing that happens.  IE he knows what will come of his conversation with Sansa.  He knew it would piss her off, but he did it anyway... why?

Probably because he needs to turn Sansa against LF, and having her make the decision is the best option.

Archived