bran is such a creep...

Oh come on. Shortly before Bran had to leave the cave he was eager to learn about what happened at the Tower of Joy, showing interest and affection to his father's younger version. He also showed affection to Hodor as a young stable boy. And now all this human side is lost to Bran?

Bullshit.

It is just poor writing quality for the TV Show. Started already when Meera and Bran arrived at Castle Black and Bran successfully convinced Dolorous Edd about his identity (i.e. being Jon's brother) by telling him about the fight at Hardhome and the Fist of Men. And Dolorous Edd swallowed that - so ridiculous. If I had been Dolorous Edd, I would have taken that as a proof of a Wildling having escaped the Hardhome battle.

32 minutes ago, Greywater-Watch said:

It is just poor writing quality for the TV Show. Started already when Meera and Bran arrived at Castle Black and Bran successfully convinced Dolorous Edd about his identity (i.e. being Jon's brother) by telling him about the fight at Hardhome and the Fist of Men. And Dolorous Edd swallowed that - so ridiculous. If I had been Dolorous Edd, I would have taken that as a proof of a Wildling having escaped the Hardhome battle.

The one true answer. Contrary to most viewers/readers, I love Bran. It's just sad to see him like this. Neither useful as the three-eyed-raven nor compassionate as himself.

1 hour ago, Greywater-Watch said:

Oh come on. Shortly before Bran had to leave the cave he was eager to learn about what happened at the Tower of Joy, showing interest and affection to his father's younger version. He also showed affection to Hodor as a young stable boy. And now all this human side is lost to Bran?

Bullshit.

It is just poor writing quality for the TV Show. Started already when Meera and Bran arrived at Castle Black and Bran successfully convinced Dolorous Edd about his identity (i.e. being Jon's brother) by telling him about the fight at Hardhome and the Fist of Men. And Dolorous Edd swallowed that - so ridiculous. If I had been Dolorous Edd, I would have taken that as a proof of a Wildling having escaped the Hardhome battle.

I'm being a little more patient with it since I do think the show is trying to tell the story of Bran being unprepared to be the 3EC as his training went unfinished.  He is different now because he has truly become the 3EC and now knows everything- hence his knowledge of Sansa's wedding night which he certainly didn't have before he left the cave.

My sense is that the show does not want an all-powerful all-knowing trump card sitting there without flaws- so they will be slowly revealing Bran's flaws and unfinished training throughout the season.

I do agree that scene with Dolorous Edd was just silly...they either should have had Dolorous ask him about Jon to confirm or they just shouldn't have mentioned Bran's name at all and just had him say I'm here to help in the fight against the Night King.  

2 hours ago, Xarkar said:

If Bran has the full powers (or even most of the powers) of the 3ER then he in theory knows past/present/future.

With that in mind, he knows the outcome of every single thing that happens.  IE he knows what will come of his conversation with Sansa.  He knew it would piss her off, but he did it anyway... why?

I don't think the 3ER can see the future. Seems to me that Mel and the other Red Priestesses/Priests tap into whatever the 3ER is seeing and they never see the future - they only misinterpret visions of the past and present as prophecy.

Perhaps Bran is pissed at Sansa for accepting marriage with Ramsay and legitimising a Bolton in Wnterfell? Remember there is always supposed to be a Stark in Winterfell and perhaps this includes name as well as blood. This would mean that Jon Snow being proclaimed King in the North is also a breach of that pact.

But, I don't think Bran can see what will happen anywhere, only potentially what has happened and is happening everywhere. He can also interact with what has happened but it is possible he can only do so according to what is - the ink is dry. This is why some choose to theorise that Bran is the Night King - that by going back to stop the Night King, Bran might become the Night King (not knowing that he always has been) - and the ink is already dry on that.

Edit: Perhaps there must always be a Stark in Winterfell so that eventually Bran will be born to become the Nights King. Winter is Coming, in the past :D Seriously, considerring what we have seen with Hodor, it wouldn't surprise me that 'There must always be a Stark in Winterfell' and 'Winter is coming' are connected by time, like 'there must always be a Stark in Winterfell to make sure winter is always going to come.'

9 hours ago, ummester said:

The Three Eyed Raven and the Nights King are one, it is known.

The way 605 was shot, though it looks like the Nights King was trying to kill Bran, it could be that the Nights King was summoned to the service of a new 3 Eyed Raven.

And, I just watched 703 again, Bran was all creepy face when Sansa first cuddled him, before being at the Godswood. It could be shellshock - but it could also be that he knows exactly why things are the way they are and knows what has to suffer to set everything right.

If they were one, NK would have killed himself.

2 hours ago, Greywater-Watch said:

Bullshit.

Completely agree.

1 minute ago, Meera of Tarth said:

If they were one, NK would have killed himself.

Remember when Sansa said, "I thought you were the 3ER?"

Bran says, "I told you, it's difficult to explain."

The 3ER, Night King, Night's King - winter in general - may all be concepts that are bigger than a single individual. A human life can be connected to the concepts at a point in time but the concepts themselves may not depend on remaining connected to that life.

Just now, ummester said:

Remember when Sansa said, "I thought you were the 3ER?"

Bran says, "I told you, it's difficult to explain."

The 3ER, Night King, Night's King - winter in general - may all be concepts that are bigger than a single individual. A human life can be connected to the concepts at a point in time but the concepts themselves may not depend on remaining connected to that life.

he was referring to the previous 3 eyed raven. The NK is a "living" entity from the undead, and hr killed the previous 3eyed.

8 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

he was referring to the previous 3 eyed raven. The NK is a "living" entity from the undead, and hr killed the previous 3eyed.

GRRM called Others never dead, not undead - but I agree that makes them living, in a sense.

I think we will find that all of the magics in this universe are connected - ie: It is because the Children made never dead warriors out of humans that humans can now be raised from the dead (via the red priestesses or the NK, makes no difference, they are all undead, exactly like Jon). It's also possible and I think likely that no humans would have had warging, geenseeing - general magical ability - if the Children didn't make the White Walkers in the first place. I theorise that by using magic on humans to create a defensive weapon, the children have unwittingly allowed certain magical ability to seep into various human bloodlines.

Just now, ummester said:

GRRM called Others never dead, not undead - but I agree that makes them living, in a sense.

I think we will find that all of the magics in this universe are connected - ie: It is because the Children made never dead warriors out of humans that humans can now be raised from the dead (via the red priestesses or the NK, makes no difference, they are all undead, exactly like Jon). It's also possible and I think likely that no humans would have had warging, geenseeing - general magical ability - if the Children didn't make the White Walkers in the first place. I theorised that by using magic on humans to create a defensive weapon, the children have unwittingly allowed certain magical ability to seep into various human bloodlines.

maybe. They could have spread the magic without knowing the consequences.

Bran is basically everywhere and everywhen at once.  So, he may not even be sure where and when he is.  The last time he was emotional in this state he fried Hodor's mind.   It's understandable he's overwhelmed and cannot connect or may not even want to risk another Hodor.  He's been travelling this way for months he may have experienced a great deal of emotions during this time and is just fried.  Imo, the trigger for the "creepy" comments was the weather.

5 hours ago, Future Null Infinity said:

He didn't complete his training as 3ER, I'm sure that he will bring all the pieces together and find his way 

Of course he will. For the Lord of Plot demands it. What I meant was he was answering vaguely this season to Dolorous Edd and Sansa. This was him last season: "I am the three eyed raven now. I have to be ready for this" and then he was able to see the ToJ just fine.

"I... am the greatest psychic the world has seen... I saw... that on your wedding night you wore white... and that being married to a known psychopath was unpleasant... bow before my mighty seer powers..."

...ehm ok Bran.

While I agree that bring up that memory to Sansa was cold and his cold way of doing it seemed weird and unessecary technically if going by book 3ER it's the memory of her he would have seen. If I remember correctly (which maybe I don't) in the book the 3ER isn't all seeing but rather sees through the weir tree network so of course he would have seen her wedding which took place in the godswood where there's still a tree. I know the show is different but just saying from that perspective mentioning that memory makes sense. But still ... awkward.

There were no Weirwoods at the Tower of Joy so the show is making the power more expansive.

I do think him being in the Godswood at Winterfall made that image more strong. It is also the last time we the audience saw Sansa there. 

Bran was apologetic throughout. He did understand what Sansa been through but could not stop for it was a powerful image.

2 hours ago, Future Null Infinity said:

Dumb, Dumber and Isaac Hempstead-Wright explaining Bran in winterfell :

http://ew.com/tv/2017/07/30/game-of-thrones-bran-stark-reunion/

D&D : Bran have too much power in the books so we decided to make him a broken man

Man!, I can't even :bang: 

I don't know where they got that from as it's still early doors for Bran in the books. If anything the show has advanced Bran's ability beyond where it's currently at in the books.

Not that I have a problem with how they're playing it in the show. It would make sense that Bran is traumatised and broken over what he has seen.....and not necessarily by choice given his admission that he hasn't got a grip on his powers yet.

On 8/1/2017 at 8:19 AM, ummester said:

We never saw the old Three Eyed Raven get killed, though I suspect he did. But the killing may well be a necessary part of passing the torch from one Three Eyed Raven to another. Or, alternatively, Bloodraven was just a placeholder, waiting to be killed by the Night King and pass the torch to Bran.

I think of the 3ER as consciousness.  Consciousness: past, present, and future, cannot be killed.  Think of it more like 3ER was disconnected and Bran became totally connected after a training period.  Your point about the Night King being the killer is interesting because I cannot see what is in it for the White Walkers.  Why keep killing a 3ER, when the next one will always know the truth?

Archived