Cersei's 'Mad Queen' hype

Kaguya

5 hours ago, Leto Atreides said:

Other than blowing up the Sept, Cercei has been acting the same in all 7 seasons. In the books she really goes crazy and has random court ladies arrested so Qyburn can do disgusting experiments on them.

You get it at least 

There was no hype for Cersei the Mad Queen. Blowing up the sept? I don't see how it was worse than Tywin drowning the Reynes with their entire innocent household or sending the Mountain to kill, rape and pillage innocents in Riverland. Tywin did all of this and I don't remember people calling him 'Mad Tywin'. Other than that Cersei was always portrayed as a bit sympathetic, whos main redeeming quality was that she genuinely loved her children and really felt for them. Nothing has changed. Except before Cersei was portrayed as not that smart but now she is a political genius.

8 hours ago, Dofs said:

There was no hype for Cersei the Mad Queen. Blowing up the sept? I don't see how it was worse than Tywin drowning the Reynes with their entire innocent household or sending the Mountain to kill, rape and pillage innocents in Riverland. Tywin did all of this and I don't remember people calling him 'Mad Tywin'. Other than that Cersei was always portrayed as a bit sympathetic, whos main redeeming quality was that she genuinely loved her children and really felt for them. Nothing has changed. Except before Cersei was portrayed as not that smart but now she is a political genius.

The writers literally said that without her kids, we will see a new side of Cersei (referring to her redeeming qualities). 

On 17/08/2017 at 5:36 PM, Kaguya said:

The writers literally said that without her kids, we will see a new side of Cersei (referring to her redeeming qualities). 

Well, 5 episodes in and the Cersei I see is actually better than one she was before, at least for now.

next season when she begins to lose grip of the throne she will go full mad queen, so far this season she has mostly had everything go her way and doesn't look worried or flustered by anything... she is still queen, has the baby on the way, the iron bank backing her and took out dorne and highgarden she has yet to suffer a defeat that she hadn't planned for (casterly)

Cersei has always been mad, evil, generaly twisted. She is narcisistic to the extreme, entitiled because she is a "Lannister" and she never intended for her marriage to Robert to "workout". At least in the books anyway. She even reflected happily and smugly that she fucked her brother Jaime on the day of her wedding. The problem with this show is that they have written her massive plot armor and bad fortune for Dany this year to bring down Dany's advantage and mark my words, The North, Jon and Dany with some allies will deal with the Night King and it will cost them plenty but the final battle will be for that throne on the show and the want Cersei as one contender.

On 23/08/2017 at 7:14 AM, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

next season when she begins to lose grip of the throne she will go full mad queen, so far this season she has mostly had everything go her way and doesn't look worried or flustered by anything... she is still queen, has the baby on the way, the iron bank backing her and took out dorne and highgarden she has yet to suffer a defeat that she hadn't planned for (casterly)

Yes, we already saw a glimpse of it just then when Jaime left. She lost control of the one man she had been controlling all her life. That was the beginning of the end for her.

Wouldn't it be a nice twist if it turns out that Tyrion is the only true Lannister?

That Cersei and Jaime were the product of a night between Joanna Lannister and Aerys Targaryen? That would make them both bastards, with no entitlement to what power so ever. Jaime would be the true kin-slayer, having killed his biological father.

Suppose Jaime revealing this to Cersei in S8? What would she do? 

On 8/17/2017 at 4:00 AM, Dofs said:

It was worse because she also made herself a kinslayer in a naked power grab, since Kevan and Lancel were among the dead. She also showed disdain for her son Tommen after he made a King's Landing.

On 23/08/2017 at 2:03 AM, A Ghost of Someone said:

Cersei has always been mad, evil, generaly twisted. She is narcisistic to the extreme, entitiled because she is a "Lannister" and she never intended for her marriage to Robert to "workout". At least in the books anyway. She even reflected happily and smugly that she fucked her brother Jaime on the day of her wedding.

This Cersei does not exist in the show. No book character exist in the show, really, but with Cersei they didn't even try to adapt the book character since the very first episodes of the show.

I think we will be getting the full Aerys version of Cersei next season, so much so that I think she will succeed in burning down King's Landing rather than let Daenerys have it after the Others have been defeated. 

29 minutes ago, Faint said:

I think we will be getting the full Aerys version of Cersei next season, so much so that I think she will succeed in burning down King's Landing rather than let Daenerys have it after the Others have been defeated. 

Depends on if the Others are defeated first or last. 

I feel Cersei has been disappointing this season. Not to her standard. She even lent to mercy for Olena. But Elaria punishment was great. Nearly deserved given the stupidity of the whole Dorne affair. Her only true stupidity, not truly evil, was to not believe or care the Army of the Deads. IMO she is not "mad". Just having zero empathy for anyone.

The Elaria and Tyena punishment is mirroring the punishment of Ned's father and brother by Aerys. One was burned while the other was bound in leather, just too short to reach the other -and choked himself while trying to help the other. 

Cersei's hunger for power is so immense, that I might even see her teaming up with the NK. Why not 'preserve' the family in ice and death? If it means power....

Even though her 'family' might not be the family she thinks it is. 

Archived