Davos...

tysen

On 3/8/2017 at 1:37 AM, SummerSong said:

Davos is a favorite of mine too, both the character and the actor. He's definitely a highlight of the books and show for me.

Davos is smart, honorable, brave and has a cool head in a crisis. He has an invaluable purpose: to provide wise counsel and other help for Jon in the great battle with the White Walkers. (Yes, like Jon's Hand.) Every leader throughout history needs seasoned advisers (including the king/queen's small council) to provide a different perspective, brainstorm ideas, strategize and think through details, etc. Davos takes a lot of Jon's work and worry load off his shoulders. Also, being a leader is a lonely job, and Davos provides much needed companionship and friendship. He has Jon's back, as he used to have Stannis' back, and thus he is critically important in this story.

Every time I see Jon and Davos together, I feel thankful that they teamed up. 

Couldn't have said it better.:D

On 8/1/2017 at 0:20 PM, Kimmernaq said:

It would be awesome to get a scene with two of them discussing Blackwater, though I doubt we'll get to see anything like it so close to the end of the whole story.

Things like this are why I really wish they'd made this season 10 full episodes. These small sorts of scenes are important in filling out the characters and establishing relationships. I feel like the show is going to fast now. 

I think the only reason more people haven't been complaining about Davos' on-screen adaption is that Liam Cunningham is so inherently likeable. He plays 'commoner with good sense' extremely well too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived