Who is leading Dorne?

With Prince Doran Martell killed by Ellaria (stupid, stupid move just for revenge) and Ellaria locked deep in King's Landing, who's leading Dorne? And what's happened to the Dornish forces? Under capable hands they can still rally for Dany and sabotage the Lannister men travelling along the Roseroad back to KL. 

I wondered that too.  The Dornish always hated the Lannisters and the way Cersei has treated Ellaria would give them even more reason to hate them, yet in the show, Dorne has just faded away into insignificance as if the Dornish are nothing without Ellaria and the Sand Snakes.

Things don't look good for Dorne, but I still keep hoping D&D will have some meaningful role for the Dornish. They can't just flush a whole kingdom down the gutter. Well, ok, they can, but....

It would be such a ridiculous waste not to have Dorne play any role in the war(s). Maybe Dany will go to Dorne herself or send someone there as an envoy to discuss continuing their alliance. Maybe by that time some nameless leader has emerged, or Dany the Messiah will help restore peace and order among the Dornish.

Sounds like bad writing either way, but I'd still be happy if Dorne stayed in the game (now that the SS are gone, since I don't have anything against the rest of the Dornish ppl).

32 minutes ago, WalkinDude said:

The book answer would be house Yronwood.  The show has shown House Dayne, so maybe them.  But I don't expect Dorne to be part of the plot at all moving forward.  

The show has shown house Dayne to potentially rule Dorne?? Please elaborate on what you mean......

7 hours ago, Boy and Girl Wadish said:

With Prince Doran Martell killed by Ellaria (stupid, stupid move just for revenge) and Ellaria locked deep in King's Landing, who's leading Dorne? And what's happened to the Dornish forces? Under capable hands they can still rally for Dany and sabotage the Lannister men travelling along the Roseroad back to KL. 

As far as we are concerned no one is leading Dorne (and I don't mean Arya).

I personally think we wont see Dorne again now, they have just been written out the show completely. I think its going to be Daenerys Dothraki and her dragons from now on.

4 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

The show has shown house Dayne to potentially rule Dorne?? Please elaborate on what you mean......

I would also like to know. the show has only showed the Daynes in Bran's visions. Have they even been mentioned in the shpw besides that? Does House Dayne even exist in the present day?

3 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

We saw Arthur Dayne.  So we at least know they're a family in Dorne, unlike the Yronwoods which have had no screen time or mention.  

I keep thinking that as well. But didn't you see Tyrion knock over the Sun piece on their war board? With the defeat of the Sand Snakes and Ellaria Dornes army died as well. Sorry for the sarcasm, but it is because I am pretty sure this is actually going to be the plot moving forward. At least until the Queen wars are over. And I hate it, hopefully I am wrong.

3 minutes ago, WalkinDude said:

We saw Arthur Dayne.  So we at least know they're a family in Dorne, unlike the Yronwoods which have had no screen time or mention.  

How does this even slightly confirm anything? We actually don't know they are still an exisiting family in Dorne, there has been no mention whatsoever. Please don't mention a House not incorporated in the show like Yronwoods. When referencing GOT reference the Show please thats what this part of the forum is for. One thing I definitely not a fan of is how much people reference the books in this part of the forum. 

9 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

How does this even slightly confirm anything? We actually don't know they are still an exisiting family in Dorne, there has been no mention whatsoever. Please don't mention a House not incorporated in the show like Yronwoods. When referencing GOT reference the Show please thats what this part of the forum is for. One thing I definitely not a fan of is how much people reference the books in this part of the forum. 

I didn't say it confirms anything. Someone asked who will rule Dorne.  I gave out a possible answer based on what we've seen in the show.  My guess is Dorne will never be mentioned again, which is in my OP.  

I don't care if you don't like the books being mentioned. It's not against the forum rules and the show has shown us it has no interest in consistency or logical coherence.  I still enjoy it.  But if mentioning that house Yronwood is a major house in Dorne in the books upsets you, I think you need to take a step back.  It's not a spoiler.

4 minutes ago, WalkinDude said:

I didn't say it confirms anything. Someone asked who will rule Dorne.  I gave out a possible answer based on what we've seen in the show.  My guess is Dorne will never be mentioned again, which is in my OP.  

Lol, when mentioned about why House Dayne would rule over Dorne you said it was because you had seen Arthur Dayne. This was an event that happened at the Tower of Joy some 20 years ago. There is no mention of house Dayne whatsoever, we have no idea if they exist or not. D&D would not bring a house into the fold this late on to try re establish Dorne so they can fight with Daenerys. They are gone and gone for good.  

4 minutes ago, WalkinDude said:

I don't care if you don't like the books being mentioned. It's not against the forum rules and the show has shown us it has no interest in consistency or logical coherence.  I still enjoy it.  But if mentioning that house Yronwood is a major house in Dorne in the books upsets you, I think you need to take a step back.  It's not a spoiler.

I have no problem with the books, however using the books as evidence to back plots or reference characters is stupid. Makes no sense to mention things that the show does not incorporate from the books. 

As established last season Dorne inheritance rule is whoever kills former leader becomes leader. For the moment Ellaria is alive so still in charge. Cersei will inherit when she dies.

More seriously there were mentions of other dornish nobles when Oberyn visited King's Landing, like someone named Lord Blackmont, so perhaps one of them.

On 8/1/2017 at 10:42 PM, Samwell_Tarly said:

I have no problem with the books, however using the books as evidence to back plots or reference characters is stupid. Makes no sense to mention things that the show does not incorporate from the books. 

I understand you have a problem that a lot of people point to the books even if this part of the forum is dedicated to the show, but saying it's stupid is... kinda stupid? The whole show is fueled by the books, and although plot-wise they've gone in "different" directions, the show still references the books in general.

Anyway, moving on.

Given the trash Dan&DB have been giving us the past few episodes and the way they've treated Dorne ever since Oberyn came into the fold, I wouldn't be surprised if they scrap it entirely. So far S7 has been nothing but shtty writing. I am so disappointed.

On 8/1/2017 at 10:53 PM, Lord Freypie said:

As established last season Dorne inheritance rule is whoever kills former leader becomes leader. For the moment Ellaria is alive so still in charge. Cersei will inherit when she dies.

More seriously there were mentions of other dornish nobles when Oberyn visited King's Landing, like someone named Lord Blackmont, so perhaps one of them.

The writing for Dorne has been shoddy ever since season 3/4 (when did Oberyn came into picture again?) It's like Dorne is nothing but a wasteland with a pretty water garden summer recreation palace for a fortress. I mean, why would you even want to miss on Sunspear? That name alone commands respect, and the fact that the Dornish were the only ones to resist the Targaryen invasion should've made Dan&DB at least give them more screentime and more characters. 

On 01/08/2017 at 10:11 PM, WalkinDude said:

Actually we saw Arthur Dayne only in the context of him being a King's Guard.  There was no mention of where he was from.

On 01/08/2017 at 10:42 PM, Samwell_Tarly said:

*round of applause* ;-)

On 8/3/2017 at 10:47 PM, Tywinelle said:

Actually we saw Arthur Dayne only in the context of him being a King's Guard.  There was no mention of where he was from.

I agree. My issue is the dod show Arthur's sword last season when Lyanna was dying. That sword is needed. I do believe back in season 2 when  Arya was on the run, she ran into a Dayne who said that the Dayne and Jon shared the same milk mother. 

I could be mixing it up with the books. I will check and see. 

Considering that the Dornish Houses seemed perfectly willing to put all of their men at Ellaria's disposal for Dany's army, surely they accepted her as the ruler of Dorne.

So why would her successor not be her obvious heir? She has three living daughters after Tyene. The oldest of them is presumably in charge now.

We don't know their ages. We do know that one of Oberyn's surviving daughters is older than Tyene, but we don't know if that's Ellaria's, and we know that the other four are younger, but not by how much. So maybe they'll need a regent. But if they do, we have basically 0 information to guess who that might be.

On 05/08/2017 at 1:10 PM, Visenya the Dragon said:

I agree. My issue is the dod show Arthur's sword last season when Lyanna was dying. That sword is needed. I do believe back in season 2 when  Arya was on the run, she ran into a Dayne who said that the Dayne and Jon shared the same milk mother. 

I could be mixing it up with the books. I will check and see. 

I'm pretty sure that was only in the books.

Archived