u.s. politics: is this purity test covered under my obamacare?

6 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Losing sides always have the worst slogans, because slogans generally suck and people make fun of them. What was Romney's slogan? What was McCain's? 

http://www.posterpage.ch/exhib/ex216oba/p181483s.png

/I think they matter. Even the effective ones do get made fun of, but just capturing your attention is half the battle. 

1 hour ago, Nasty LongRider said:

Didn't Chris Christe use that one?

Did he, or was that a Bridgegate joke?

32 minutes ago, Red Tiger said:

"Only if you're nasty"

I got a real winner, but I wouldn't dare type it on my work counsel. It involves a type of free government robot. I'll let your mind wonder.

17 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Losing sides always have the worst slogans, because slogans generally suck and people make fun of them. What was Romney's slogan? What was McCain's? 

"Believe in America"

America? I don't think it exists. /ROUS - http://princessbride.wikia.com/wiki/R.O.U.S.

Obama's was a simple "Forward" - which I actually think is one of the better ones (doesn't that say something). Dead simple.

12 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

http://www.posterpage.ch/exhib/ex216oba/p181483s.png

/I think they matter. Even the effective ones do get made fun of, but just capturing your attention is half the battle. 

Slogans are for winning in the margins, IMO. 

On slogans, some of the responses to this tweet were gold.

My favorite being:

Mine personally would be: "Home safe. Good night."

Which with the right framing kinda works.

21 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

"Out of Sweet and Sour Sauce? How the fuck does that even happen?"

I'd support this platform. 

Although a sub-clause reaffirming the importance of soy sauce would be required.

4 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

They don't matter in the sense that they don't effect the content of the platform, but in terms of PR they can be huge. Yes We Can. Hope and Change, Make America Great Again, etc, all captured a segment of the population's attention and imagination. As incompetent as Trump is, he understands the importance of branding. It's YUGE. 

Those are all presidential campaigns.  They can be useful in those cases - and in general it's important for a presidential candidate to have a bumper sticker message - but for all of (one party of) Congress?  Highly skeptical it's ever made a significant difference.

4 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

Those are all presidential campaigns.  They can be useful in those cases - and in general it's important for a presidential candidate to have a bumper sticker message - but for all of (one party of) Congress?  Highly skeptical it's ever made a significant difference.

Solid point. I'll have to mull that one over.

3 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

If elected, I'll lower the boiling temperature of water, saving billions and the environment at the same time. 

I don't believe in water having a boiling temperature.  Sounds like a Chinese conspiracy.

22 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

If elected, I'll lower the boiling temperature of water, saving billions and the environment at the same time. 

We will lower the boiling point of people from 212 °F to 100 °C! WE CAN DO IT PEOPLE! GET EXCITED! YAHHHHHHH!!!! http://esq.h-cdn.co/assets/16/04/1600x900/hd-aspect-1454081235-dean-scream-header.gif

2 hours ago, Fez said:

On slogans, some of the responses to this tweet were gold.

My favorite being:

Mine personally would be: "Home safe. Good night."

Which with the right framing kinda works.

"Your GF drank all the beer again. You're buying!"

I don't think my 2020 campaign is going to take off.....

Archived