u.s. politics: is this purity test covered under my obamacare?

13 minutes ago, Trebla said:

Looks like the Russians are upset that they aren't getting what the paid for!

Russians are world class trolls. He hit all the notes to piss Trump off. And we still haven't learned if they've got any dirt on him.

8 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Russians are world class trolls. He hit all the notes to piss Trump off. And we still haven't learned if they've got any dirt on him.

This might have some effect if Trump bothered to read. Medvedev needs to get a guest slot on Fox and Friends or he may as well STFU and GTFO. 

Twitter is Trump's bullhorn not his cellphone.

6 hours ago, Mexal said:

6 hours ago, Mexal said:

Yea, all this is from the other statement he put out.

The most interesting thing about these statements is that he clearly did not write them.  

Leads me to wonder

1 - Who convinced him to let someone else write them?

2 - How long he'll allow them to stand on their own now that the Russians are goading him before he goes off the deep end on twitter about it.

3 hours ago, Fez said:

On slogans, some of the responses to this tweet were gold.

My favorite being:

Mine personally would be: "Home safe. Good night."

Which with the right framing kinda works.

I'm coming....

3 hours ago, Fez said:

My favorite being:

democrats 2018:

"BORN TO DIE  WORLD IS A FUCK 鬼神 Kill Em All 1989 I am trash man 410,757,864,530 DEAD COPS"

not sure that last part will play in the heartland, but overall i like it

2 hours ago, r'hllor's red lobster said:

democrats 2018:

"BORN TO DIE  WORLD IS A FUCK 鬼神 Kill Em All 1989 I am trash man 410,757,864,530 DEAD COPS"

not sure that last part will play in the heartland, but overall i like it

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US.   HA HA HA!

10 hours ago, Fez said:

My favorite being:

Ahh I guess I didn't see it last night.

It always amazes me how conservative sorts of people always manage to play victim.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/08/02/white-trump-voters-think-they-face-more-discrimination-than-blacks-the-trump-administration-is-listening/

Nevertheless, the Justice Department's move will likely be popular among white conservatives who believe that "anti-white bias" is a serious problem in society today. Recent polling underscores the point. A Huffington Post/YouGov survey from last fall, for instance, found that Trump voters believe that whites are more discriminated against than Muslims, blacks, Jews and Latinos.

Today In: Fuck Conservatives

Conservative sorts of people, talk all the shit you want. But, be prepared for some of us to get all up in that conservative grill and talk shit right back.

Republican senator Jeff Flake's new book, “Conscience of a Conservative,” bashes President Trump for just about everything, but some of the harshest criticism in the book's 160 scathing pages is reserved for Trump's economic “plan.”

He even compares Trump to a liberal, saying all the president does is offer “easy answers and free stuff without worrying about the details.”

I appreciate Flake being willing to criticize Trump. But, then he just had to take a swipe at liberals.

After watching conservatives talk nonsense about health care for 7 years, Flake really ought to think very carefully when he accuses liberals not being careful about details.

After Dubya’s disastrous Iraq invasion, Flake really ought to be careful about who he accuses of not thinking through details.

After the Bush and Brownback booms failed to pan out, Flake really ought to think carefully about who he accuses of not thinking through details.

After conservatives talked 10 years of nonsense about the financial crises, Flake needs to be careful about who he accuses of not thinking about details.

After most conservatives bought into Trump’s bullshit, Flake really ought to be careful about who he accuses of not thinking through details.

...........................................................................................

Speaking of people that don’t do details very well.

http://ritholtz.com/2017/08/kansass-radical-tax-cut-experiment/

In 2012, Kansas Governor Sam Brownback sought to boost the state’s economy by sharply cutting income taxes across the board. Senior Fellow Bill Gale explains that this experiment in supply-side trickle-down theory actually led to sluggish growth and lower than expected revenues, and should serve as a warning to President Trump and the House GOP as they develop tax plans with similar cuts.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-08-01/supply-siders-still-push-what-doesn-t-work

Tax cuts have generally proven to be a big bust during the past few decades. Former President George W. Bush pushed through a series of substantial tax cuts in 2001 and 2003, but growth failed to return to 1990s levels. More recently, experiments with lowering taxes at the state level have showed very disappointing results. The most glaring example is Kansas Governor Sam Brownback’s tax-cutting program, begun in 2012. In the years since Brownback slashed taxes, the state’s finances have been drowning in red ink. But economic growth didn’t pick up, and Kansas has lagged behind its neighbor Nebraska in both labor supply and income per person:

Yeah, let's not do that again.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-08-02/the-neglected-lessons-of-a-lost-decade

Ten years on, it's possible to say that -- in some ways -- the financial crisis of 2007 to 2009 did more economic damage than the Great Depression of the 1930s. Yet the response of our elected officials still leaves much to be desired.

15 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

This might have some effect if Trump bothered to read. Medvedev needs to get a guest slot on Fox and Friends or he may as well STFU and GTFO. 

Lol. And that's why Fox and Friends is the most powerful show in the world. Because it's the only one that can openly manipulate a major world leader. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2017/politics/australia-mexico-transcripts/?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_trumpcalls-915a-flipper%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.4392c5bf8137

holy shit lmao

But you cannot say that to the press. The press is going to go with that and I cannot live with that. You cannot say that to the press because I cannot negotiate under those circumstances.

still reading, but this has got to be my fav so far 

3 minutes ago, r'hllor's red lobster said:

Better:

But in his first White House call with Mexico’s president, Trump described his vow to charge Mexico as a growing political problem, pressuring the Mexican leader to stop saying publicly that his government would never pay.

“You cannot say that to the press,” Trump said repeatedly, according to a transcript of the Jan. 27 call obtained by The Washington Post. Trump made clear that he realized the funding would have to come from other sources but threatened to cut off contact if Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto continued to make defiant statements.

The funding “will work out in the formula somehow,” Trump said, adding later that “it will come out in the wash, and that is okay.” But “if you are going to say that Mexico is not going to pay for the wall, then I do not want to meet with you guys anymore because I cannot live with that.”

He described the wall as “the least important thing we are talking about, but politically this might be the most important.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/you-cannot-say-that-to-the-press-trump-urged-mexican-president-to-end-his-public-defiance-on-border-wall-transcript-reveals/2017/08/03/0c2c0a4e-7610-11e7-8f39-eeb7d3a2d304_story.html?utm_term=.b1d5891c5b12

20 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

New Hampshire is a 'drug-infested den'?

Just imagine the kinds of things Trump would say and do if he weren't so gosh-darned anti-elitist. 

Also, Clinton won New Hampshire.

Archived