u.s. politics: is this purity test covered under my obamacare?

Well, it's official (or maybe not, given this administration).  Trump was being 'sarcastic' when congratulating Putin for expelling the US diplomatic staff.  At times, its almost like we are looking at a twisted restart of the Cold War.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-being-sarcastic-in-thanking-putin-for-cutting-american-diplomatic-staff-aide/ar-AApThDw?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=msnclassic

52 minutes ago, The Fallen said:

Not sure this article brings anything more to the table than what was already brought by Frum detractors earlier in this thread. The idea that his critiques of Trump have been limp are just wrong, and seem to contradict the writer's point that Frum is doing this in a voracious fashion. He's all over radio, social media, You Tube and numerous podcasts hammering Trump on numerous fronts. How you could categorize that as limp is beyond me.

56 minutes ago, The Fallen said:

Wasn't that a Reagan zombie thing? As in Empire of Evil reloaded. I mean every modern day Republican seems to be forced to pay some sort of lip service to Ronnie. Well, except for Bannon, who (as we all know by now) is only paying lip service to himself.

On 8/8/2017 at 6:12 PM, The Anti-Targ said:

If it's the case that a decent number of Bernie Bros' switched to Trump as the "anti-establishment" candidate, then it's pretty certain they would have most likely stayed home if anyone other then Trump was the Republican nominee. Or they would have wasted their vote going libertarian. Not sure if that would have been significant.

I'm not sure I see anyone other than Trump winning WI, PA and MI. 

Well you also have to factor in the Trump die hards, who likely would have shunned any Republican nominee not named Trump. 

34 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

Fixed

This begs two questions. First, do we tack on a "Believe Me" at the end or make it the opening comment? Second, at what point will our country be disgraced enough to drop the U.S. part and switch it to Murika? Example:

Murika Politics: A Bigly, Fiery, Furious and Frankly Powerful Thread The Likes Of Which This World Has Never Seen Before. Believe Me!

1 hour ago, Prince of the North said:

It could maybe use a made-up word or two...but I like it!:P 

"before" -- personally I object to it at the end of the sentence when it is actually employed (I think?) as a conjunction.  I don't like ending with it if it is a preposition either.  I'm so old school!

20 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

This begs two questions. First, do we tack on a "Believe Me" at the end or make it the opening comment? Second, at what point will our country be disgraced enough to drop the U.S. part and switch it to Murika? Example:

Murika Politics: A Bigly, Fiery, Furious and Frankly Powerful Thread The Likes Of Which This World Has Never Seen Before. Believe Me!

I'm for the Believe Me, but against the Murica. Let's maintain some small measure of decorum here. ;)

O gads -- the orange thing is so bored he's coming back to NYC for the first time in quite a while.  Having him outta NYC has been the only consolation for NYers.  And why coming to NYC -- August when da town is dead, fred?  Ain't no golf courses either.

37 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Well you also have to factor in the Trump die hards, who likely would have shunned any Republican nominee not named Trump. 

I dunno. I think they would still be reasonably motivated to keep Hillary Clinton out of the White House. Whereas many Bernie Bros very vocally vowed to vote for Trump if Bernie wasn't nominated.

What would have been interesting is what message Trump would have given his base if he had lost the primary at a fairly late stage. Given Trump's apparent emotional immaturity he may well have got all pouty and told people not to vote because there's no candidate worth supporting. Or he would have run as an independent.

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

The idea that his critiques of Trump have been limp are just wrong, and seem to contradict the writer's point that Frum is doing this in a voracious fashion. He's all over radio, social media, You Tube and numerous podcasts hammering Trump on numerous fronts. How you could categorize that as limp is beyond me.

I don't think anyone was describing Frum's criticism as "limp."  It's strange you used that word twice.  Do you have something you need to get off.....your chest?

1 hour ago, Notone said:

Well, except for Bannon, who (as we all know by now) is only paying lip service to himself.

The Legacy of The Mooch!

16 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Good news we're also gonna attack Venezuela. Cue @Free Northman Reborn telling us that attacking Venezuela now is better than waiting a decade until they have multiple ICBMs or something. 

https://twitter.com/JoeMyGod/status/896135604144021504

I'm just glad I don't have to read 10,000 word posts speculating on the North Korea's military strength.

14 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

I don't think anyone was describing Frum's criticism as "limp."  It's strange you used that word twice.  Do you have something you need to get off.....your chest?

The Legacy of The Mooch!

it was from the alex nichols article linked above

29 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

Yeah, as the lobster pointed out it was from the article that The Fallen posted.

/And Believe Me, there's no problems downstairs. No problems. No complaints, let me tell you. A lot of people, a lot of good people have nothing but good things to say.

9 minutes ago, r'hllor's red lobster said:

it was from the alex nichols article linked above

Stop ruining my fun!

9 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

/And Believe Me, there's no problems downstairs. No problems. No complaints, let me tell you. All lot of people, a lot of good people have nothing but good things to say.

Ok, to (semi) seriously respond to @Kalbear's Venezuela post.  Did he actually say "this is our neighbor"?  WTF...sure.  Except for all that water and dem islands too.  Anybody familiar with the Ivan Reitman film Dave?  Does anybody have an insane uncle that's willing to be painted orange?

We're over the 400!

Where's the new one?

Interesting how often the changeover takes place over the weekend, or am I just imagining it because I often disappear for the weekend and I come back to a new thread of 4 - 5 pages already?

1 hour ago, dmc515 said:

Ok, to (semi) seriously respond to @Kalbear's Venezuela post.  Did he actually say "this is our neighbor"?  WTF...sure.  Except for all that water and dem islands too.  Anybody familiar with the Ivan Reitman film Dave?  Does anybody have an insane uncle that's willing to be painted orange?

Venezuela's people have more than suffered enough.  Why should they be dealing with US military aggression too?  O -- da oil . . . these dopes still believe with the new technologies and climate change, they can make the whole world go back to gas guzzling V-8 engines, massive carbon emmission cars that don't drive themselves.

Archived