Cersei / Jaime - How it ends?

phyrric

First time poster longtime reader so please go gently gang.

After watching season 7 episode 3 (spoiler alert) a little idea started to percolate so I thought I would throw it out there for consideration.

I'm sure by now we have all read the theories that Cersei and Jaime are actually the product of Aerys The Mad King having carnal relations with their mother. But I'll summarise anyway. Briefly the theory goes that Aerys, infatuated with Johanne Lannister and to slight Tywin, took advantage of Johanna during the bedding ceremony at her marriage to Tywin. This ties in neatly with time scales but also throws a deeper irony into Cersei and Jamie's assertion of being True Lannisters and also Tywin's insistence that Tyrion is not his son, when in truth he is the only true Lannister. 

The actions of Cersei appear to support this theory and there are some huge coincidences that have arisen from this. I know this is only the show and that there are several inconsistencies between show and novel but believe that there is some hint to the forthcoming novels, additionally as GRRM has gave the ending to the show runners but not the journey this may be their way of reconciling several issues to reach the planned conclusion.

These coincidences are listed briefly but I'm sure that others can think of more.

1) Aerys, prior to his downfall, plotted to blow caches of wild fire under the city. Cersei achieved this.

2) Aerys saw plotters and conspiracies everywhere. Cersei has stated she does on numerous occasions.

3) Both appointed "learned" men i.e. a defrocked maester and a pyromancer as "hand of king/queen" to facilitate in the demise of their enemies.

4) Both become sexually aroused after their horrific actions - Aerys after burning captives alive, Cersie after torturing and killing captives (Ellaria Sand and I think Tyene? Correction gladly accepted)

5) Jaime was a kingsguard to both.

It is the 5th point that made me think. What if Aerys was their father and his madness was inherited by Cersiei. History may not just repeat itself here but also in the fact that Jaime realised the danger of Aerys and will repeat his actions i.e. kill the hand of the king (in the latter case Qyburn) then slay Cersei. (Neatly tying in the Valonquar theory). 

It is my belief that the repetition of history won't end here. As with Roberts Rebellion,  Jaime will be found at the Iron Throne and the assumption will be made (as Ned did) that he wants the throne for himself and as his prior actions and inner monologues have indicated, he won't attempt to correct their ill-judgement. The irony being that a twice kingslayer and twice kinslayer (as would be now known) would actually be one of the most honourable men in Westeros (GRRM neatly subverting the trope of reputation and reality again). 

Apologies if this is a repeat but all feedback is appreciated.

This really belongs in the TV Show section as almost none of this is relevant to the novels.

But to humor you - no one thinks the twins are Aerys' kids - the theory is that maybe Tyrion is, hence why he can eventually be a dragonrider.

That being said, I think it's pretty obvious that Jaime will end up killing Cersei, and precisely for the reason you say - he soiled his reputation to save Kings Landing from the wildfire, and when Cersei inevitably plays a role in setting off the wildfire caches under the city, he'll do so again.  We already see his disaffection with Cersei in the novels taking form.

I think this was one of the most egregious errors in the show.  They made a big deal of his Jaime's reveal of his role in stopping Aerys from destroying Kings Landing - it's literally the seminal event of his entire life, the moment his self-perception and that of other's is based on.  And he shrugs it off with barely a second thought when Cersei finally does it.

Well, the timeline can't include everything - certainly not every movement and command of a king.

I'd feel cheated if Cersei was proved not to be half Targ.

She is brought to a state of ecstasy by watching the Tower of the Hand burn. And her son Joffrey is compared to Aerys a number of times.

Archived