Jaime Lannister is Daenerys' father

UFT

thats right. shes the real sister of myrcella and tommen. now hear me out. 

i dont have any real evidence for this, other than the fact it would show that jon is the real main character and dany's role to play is helping to unite the realm. learning the truth would add much moral complexity to her, when so far she's been quite black and white about it all. and it also would be quite shocking and amazing. the parallels would be contrasting, with the boy who never wanted power has the only right to the throne, and dany, who thought she had a birthright, has far less of a claim. 

i found it quite strange dany hasnt yet shown much of her dad's madness and actually has quite a sense of honor, much like younger jaime. her half brother rhaegar also seemed nice but turned out to be a selfish obsessed dick in the end. i dont think it lessens the foreshadowing for her character or anything. after all we're supposed to think jon's the real hero despite so far only being revealed to be a bastard. so who cares if she is too? wouldnt that send a strong message to people that it shouldnt matter what blood you got and only you choose your true destiny? 

so maybe this happened. rhaella had a night of momentary weakness (much more likely than ned having the moment of weakness wouldnt you say?) and asks her kingsguard to bed with her after a beating from aerys. they share some wine and eventually rhaella decides she needs to feel something. 

this comes into play when later hes like "i have shit for honor, i dont deserve redemption etc" because hey, he has so many broken vows. whats he supposed to do? disobey his queen? just for cersei? 

and to add onto my theory, jon is the legitimate heir to rhaegar's line. and its another reason why jaime  turned on cersei and chooses to stay loyal to rhaegar's sister and son. because he loved rhaegar and he loved the queen. he won't make the mistake of failing to protect the targaryens ever again. also if cersei slept around, she only did it for herself. whereas jaime was serving his queen loyally when he cheated on cersei. so the conflict there convinces him to ditch her for good. and when dany arrives, jaime looks into her eyes and sees something he cant quite put his finger on....

We know Jaime's only ever had sex with Cersei, so there's no way that Daenerys could be his daughter. However, I will admit that I have considered in the past how great of a twist it would have been if the man who killed Dany's "father" turned out to be her actual father, especially since Jaime was the kingsguard who spent the most time at court during the last few years. But alas, George did not leave the door open for that.

33 minutes ago, Ralphis Baratheon said:

Roose Bolton is Eddard Stark's real father. It would be ironic since he killed Robb, his grandson. It would also make Eddard and all his children bastards thus making Jon the only child born from a true born Stark. 

This! It also explains Roose's role in the RW - he was clearing the path for his grandson.

I can just imagine the duel between Roose and Jon where the Leech Lord cuts off Jon's hand and asks:

- Eddard Stark never told you about his father?

CUE DRAMATIC MUSIC

- Jon, I am your grandfather! Together we will bring order to the North and rule it like gramps and grandson!

- Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

If this was to be true, it would be mooting the whole idea GRRM has been portraying that Jaime loves Cersei more than she loves him. The fact he has never bedded another women and she has bedded others is vital fact in Jaime and Cersei's story in terms of setting it up for Jaime to be the Valonqar.

You're wrong. Brandon Stark is Dany's father. I don't really have any evidence for this, but we know he was the kind of man who took what he wanted. After Lyanna was kidnapped he went to the Red Keep shouting for Rhaegar to come out. Instead his mother Rhaella came, and said: "hello young man, Rhaegar isn't home, he's playing come into my castle with his little friend Lyanna, in Dorne, but since you already came into my castle, you can play with me..."  so then they had sex, and Aerys walked in,  which is the real reason why Aerys was so pissed off. And then Rhaella was pregnant.

8 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

We know Jaime's only ever had sex with Cersei, so there's no way that Daenerys could be his daughter. However, I will admit that I have considered in the past how great of a twist it would have been if the man who killed Dany's "father" turned out to be her actual father, especially since Jaime was the kingsguard who spent the most time at court during the last few years. But alas, George did not leave the door open for that.

Maybe rhaella visited him during night while jaime was asleep? Maybe she could have extracted something from the lion's loin?

3 hours ago, Manderly's Rat Cook said:

You're wrong. Brandon Stark is Dany's father. I don't really have any evidence for this, but we know he was the kind of man who took what he wanted. After Lyanna was kidnapped he went to the Red Keep shouting for Rhaegar to come out. Instead his mother Rhaella came, and said: "hello young man, Rhaegar isn't home, he's playing come into my castle with his little friend Lyanna, in Dorne, but since you already came into my castle, you can play with me..."  so then they had sex, and Aerys walked in,  which is the real reason why Aerys was so pissed off. And then Rhaella was pregnant.

And Rhaella was pregnant.

For two years.

But that is perfectly all right - Targaryen magic and all that :)

Archived