Jaime Lannister is Daenerys' father

UFT

On 3.8.2017 at 5:40 AM, UFT said:

thats right. shes the real sister of myrcella and tommen. now hear me out. 

i dont have any real evidence for this, other than the fact it would show that jon is the real main character and dany's role to play is helping to unite the realm. learning the truth would add much moral complexity to her, when so far she's been quite black and white about it all. and it also would be quite shocking and amazing. the parallels would be contrasting, with the boy who never wanted power has the only right to the throne, and dany, who thought she had a birthright, has far less of a claim. 

i found it quite strange dany hasnt yet shown much of her dad's madness and actually has quite a sense of honor, much like younger jaime. her half brother rhaegar also seemed nice but turned out to be a selfish obsessed dick in the end. i dont think it lessens the foreshadowing for her character or anything. after all we're supposed to think jon's the real hero despite so far only being revealed to be a bastard. so who cares if she is too? wouldnt that send a strong message to people that it shouldnt matter what blood you got and only you choose your true destiny? 

so maybe this happened. rhaella had a night of momentary weakness (much more likely than ned having the moment of weakness wouldnt you say?) and asks her kingsguard to bed with her after a beating from aerys. they share some wine and eventually rhaella decides she needs to feel something. 

this comes into play when later hes like "i have shit for honor, i dont deserve redemption etc" because hey, he has so many broken vows. whats he supposed to do? disobey his queen? just for cersei? 

and to add onto my theory, jon is the legitimate heir to rhaegar's line. and its another reason why jaime  turned on cersei and chooses to stay loyal to rhaegar's sister and son. because he loved rhaegar and he loved the queen. he won't make the mistake of failing to protect the targaryens ever again. also if cersei slept around, she only did it for herself. whereas jaime was serving his queen loyally when he cheated on cersei. so the conflict there convinces him to ditch her for good. and when dany arrives, jaime looks into her eyes and sees something he cant quite put his finger on....

Yes yes yes this would be fantastic. But for this to be real since Daenerys is a dragon rider must not Aerys have been Jaimes father? 

2 hours ago, norwaywolf123 said:

Yes yes yes this would be fantastic. But for this to be real since Daenerys is a dragon rider must not Aerys have been Jaimes father? 

No.

No need for BOTH parents to be Targs, one is enough.

Also, Aerys could had been Jaime's father :)

11 minutes ago, TMIFairy said:

No.

You dont like the idea ;) ?

No need for BOTH parents to be Targs, one is enough.

True it was enough for Rhaneyra and Harwyn Strongs children.

Also, Aerys could had been Jaime's father :)

Never. Tywin would not stand for it! 

On 03/08/2017 at 6:45 AM, Orphalesion said:

Is this a joke?

I'm asking because it's simply impossible to take this seriously.

Because everybody knows I'm Danerys' father.

And Septa Lemore as well.

you forgot Benjen! /whisper

OP, I'll be honest, when I read at the top of your post, "I don't really have any evidence for this", you kinda lost me right there. Because it gets old... people like to come up with the most absolutely inane "ideas", offer no textual evidence or interpretation or whatever, and expect to be taken seriously. Not gonna happen. As to the argument that "it would be so cool OMFG no one would see it coming!!!!!!", let me remind you that the author of the novels is George Raymond Richard Martin, not... a different type of writer who only wants to shock no matter how huge of an asspull it is. /rant

On 8/3/2017 at 7:02 AM, Manderly's Rat Cook said:

You're wrong. Brandon Stark is Dany's father. I don't really have any evidence for this, but we know he was the kind of man who took what he wanted. After Lyanna was kidnapped he went to the Red Keep shouting for Rhaegar to come out. Instead his mother Rhaella came, and said: "hello young man, Rhaegar isn't home, he's playing come into my castle with his little friend Lyanna, in Dorne, but since you already came into my castle, you can play with me..."  so then they had sex, and Aerys walked in,  which is the real reason why Aerys was so pissed off. And then Rhaella was pregnant.

I was going to say it doesn't work with the timeline but then it hit me...dormant sperm. It hibernated for a while and then activated the day Rhaella sailed. 

On 8/3/2017 at 10:53 AM, StarkofWinterfell said:

Dany is the daugther of Ned and Ashara.

Now THIS doesn't work with the timeline. But...darn it's that dormant sperm again. From Harrenhal to three months into the war. Much shorter hiberation period than Jamie's, but the ground the seed was planted in was not a magical Targaryen womb so it makes sense.

@UFT I like the creativity behind your theory. It doesn't work as we know Jaime was never unfaithful to Cersei. And for all his faults, Jaime isn't dishonest except when he's talking to Vargo Hoat and trying to save Brienne. And even then it's possible he really just wanted to hear the guy say "Thapphireth." Still, points for creativity. It's nice to see a new idea once in a while.

13 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

I was going to say it doesn't work with the timeline but then it hit me...dormant sperm. It hibernated for a while and then activated the day Rhaella sailed. 

@UFT

Yes, it makes perfect sense doesn't it? Especially since there's no evidence in the books that sperm can be dormant, because there also is no evidence that it can't be dormant. Which is basically proof that it can be dormant! 

Honestly, I think there's ample evidence of this, if you look for it. Like:

1) Dany has silver hair. Jaime has hair.

2) Dany has purple eyes. Jaime, also, has eyes.

3) Dany said "no" that one time. Jaime has also said "no."

4) Dany had sex with Daario. Jaime had sex with Cersei. (Like father, like daughter).

5) Dany is a queen. Jaime knows what a queen is!

6) Dany has eaten an apple. Jaime, too, has eaten an apple. And then there's this expression: 

"The apple doesn't fall far from the tree."

See?

7) In an interview, GRRM said, "The best part of the Winds of Winter is when Dany finds out Jaime is her father."

Frankly, the only piece of evidence against this is that Dany has 2 hands and Jaime only 1, but other than that, everything fits.

1 hour ago, Lockjaw of House Boltagon said:

Frankly, the only piece of evidence against this is that Dany has 2 hands and Jaime only 1, but other than that, everything fits.

Hence Danerys will lose one paw - it has been foreshadowed!

1 hour ago, TMIFairy said:

Hence Danerys will lose one paw - it has been foreshadowed!

No, silly. Viserion will lose one dragon hand. He's the cream and gold, which is exactly the same as the white for Jaime's white cloak, and the gold for Lannisters. You're forgetting that Dany is still also Rhaella's daughter, which should make her immune to losing hands. I don't recall a single case of a Targ losing a hand. Fingers yes, and eyes, but not a whole hand.

25 minutes ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

No, silly. Viserion will lose one dragon hand. He's the cream and gold, which is exactly the same as the white for Jaime's white cloak, and the gold for Lannisters. You're forgetting that Dany is still also Rhaella's daughter, which should make her immune to losing hands. I don't recall a single case of a Targ losing a hand. Fingers yes, and eyes, but not a whole hand.

Teehee!

Silly me! I'm such a twit! Teehee!

What if she loses a foot instead?

Or ... maybe loses her hair and goes bald? A lioness has no mane after all ...

She'd be soooo sexy with a shiny bonce! Woot! Woot!

Her skull shape makes me drool!

Or Jaime has white hair - life as KG is stresfull - while she gets a dye job and goes for "Tully RedTM"? The song of Ice (white hair) and fire (red hair)?

3 minutes ago, TMIFairy said:

Teehee!

Silly me! I'm such a twit! Teehee!

What if she loses a foot instead?

Or ... maybe loses her hair and goes bald? A lioness has no mane after all ...

She'd be soooo sexy with a shny bonce! Woot! Woot!

Or Jaime has white hair while she gets a dye job and goes for "Tully RedTM"? The song of Ice (white hair) and fire (red hair)?

She's already lost her hair in Drogo's pyre. Tully's actually have auburn hair, not "red." 

I don't really seeing her losing a foot. They're kind of hard to misplace.

5 minutes ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

She's already lost her hair in Drogo's pyre.

So she's wearing a wig now?

Tully's actually have auburn hair, not "red." 

Auburn, red - no difference :)

I don't really seeing her losing a foot. They're kind of hard to misplace.

She is a bit scatterbrained at times... maybe it was a ditzy moment?

4 hours ago, TMIFairy said:

1. The hair grew back. Drogo's been dead for a while now. 

2. There's a difference. I have a kid with red hair, and one with hair that's somewhere between red and auburn. Also a redheaded sister. 

3. A ditzy moment would explain it. Maybe if she wasn't hydrating enough in that desert climate Meereen has?

3 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

2. There's a difference. I have a kid with red hair, and one with hair that's somewhere between red and auburn. Also a redheaded sister.

OK. So it seems that it was I who had a ditzy moment :)

16 hours ago, Lockjaw of House Boltagon said:

Honestly, I think there's ample evidence of this, if you look for it. Like:

1) Dany has silver hair. Jaime has hair.

2) Dany has purple eyes. Jaime, also, has eyes.

3) Dany said "no" that one time. Jaime has also said "no."

4) Dany had sex with Daario. Jaime had sex with Cersei. (Like father, like daughter).

5) Dany is a queen. Jaime knows what a queen is!

6) Dany has eaten an apple. Jaime, too, has eaten an apple. And then there's this expression: 

See?

7) In an interview, GRRM said, "The best part of the Winds of Winter is when Dany finds out Jaime is her father."

Well Dany may not have lost a hand, but she did lose a baby, who could've become her Hand when he grew up,  she also lost her husband, who had hands,  so she basically lost a baby + 2 hands. Also her current Hand has imprisoned her new husband, which may lead to either of them or both dying, which means she could lose plenty of hands. She also only has one Hand,  as in Hand of the Queen. So... Yeah this works totally.

Archived