Westeros Experts League 2017

Jaime L

My match with JJ is probably going to come down to Palmer and Fitz.  If Palmer throws a couple touchdowns to Fitz, JJ's probably going to end up with 190+ points, which is right where I'm projected to be.  I also need Zeke to have a decent game and not under perform like he did last week.  No idea what CJ2K is going to do, but I'm not expecting much.  

4 hours ago, Mudguard said:

My match with JJ is probably going to come down to Palmer and Fitz.  If Palmer throws a couple touchdowns to Fitz, JJ's probably going to end up with 190+ points, which is right where I'm projected to be.  I also need Zeke to have a decent game and not under perform like he did last week.  No idea what CJ2K is going to do, but I'm not expecting much.  

It's a long shot but I've got a small window of hope. Most likely gonna put up the 2nd most points in the league this week and lose. You gotta love FF. At least it will boost me in the power rankings. 

8 hours ago, Week said:

Mostly set scores this week -- the drama for tonight will be between WJ and Mya.

Set scores:
Brax/Week 166.36 (2-1) over Moletown/Dunk 135.84 (1-2)
Greywater/POTN 130.02+Dan Bailey (2-1) over Riverrun/Jaime 109.42 (0-3)
Harlaw/Bronn 108.28+Witten (2-1) over Hardhome/Pyro 80.30+Dez (1-2)

Shoot-out of the Week:
Dreadfort/Mudguard 172.70+Zeke+CJ?K (1-2) over Castle Black/JJ 147.90+Palmer+Fitz+Dallas (1-2)
Dreadfort scores the most points this week after having the least through the first two weeks. Russell Wilson, Brown, Diggs, Hogan, and Hyde were all stellar.

Game of the Week:
Eyrie/Mya 150.34 vs Coldwater/WJ 133.80+Dak

Odds are in WJ's favor -- Dak scored 19 points against both the Giants and Broncos which would be enough to win. I'd expect him to do at least the same against the Cards.

Complete disaster so far.  Dallas sucks.

2 hours ago, JJ Lannister said:

It's a long shot but I've got a small window of hope. Most likely gonna put up the 2nd most points in the league this week and lose. You gotta love FF. At least it will boost me in the power rankings. 

I'm in deep shit now.  That Palmer to Fitzgerald touchdown has put you on top.  Need a touchdown from Zeke (plus a lot of rushing yards) to have any hope of catching up.  Yeah, like you said, it's going to suck for whoever loses, but at least both our power rankings are going up.

3 minutes ago, JJ Lannister said:

2nd most points and losing sucks man. At least in this league the power rankings mean something so it's not a total loss. Great week man. 

Yeah, I don't feel too bad since you beat me by double digits, but I really needed that win.  0-3 hole is going to be hard to dig myself out of.  Not impossible if my team continues to play well, but not sure yet if I've got an up and down team or whether the first two weeks were an aberration.

9 hours ago, Whiskeyjack said:

At least I won this one.  Needed that given the rough loss in W-A.

Somebody trade me a WR4 and TE2.

Austin Hooper and Marvin Jones -- comin' 'atcha! :)

Week 3 Power Rankings

1) Mya:  19-8
1) Whiskeyjack:  19-8
3) JJ Lannister:  17-10
4) Dunknegg: 15-12
4) Week:  15-12
6) Pyro: 14-13
7) POTN:  12-15
8) Bronn:  11-16
9) Mudguard: 10-17
10) Jaime:  3-24

Brutal loss for Mudguard this week. I'd have to look back but not sure anyone has ever lost in Experts while scoring 190+ before. Just brutal. The consolation prize at least is a big step closer to escaping the Jaxom zone. 

In other news I'm taking applications for next Experts Commissioner. By applications, of course I mean bribes. Looking forward to hearing from you! 

3 hours ago, Jaime L said:

Week 3 Power Rankings

Brutal loss for Mudguard this week. I'd have to look back but not sure anyone has ever lost in Experts while scoring 190+ before. Just brutal. The consolation prize at least is a big step closer to escaping the Jaxom zone. 

In other news I'm taking applications for next Experts Commissioner. By applications, of course I mean bribes. Looking forward to hearing from you! 

Okay, I don't know what the fuck is going on here, but you have clearly lost perspective on what is truly important. I think an intervention is well past due at this point. I'm calling an Avengers Assemble up in this bitch.

@Pony Queen Jace, @Maithanet, @Rockroi, @Bronn Stone, @Tywin et al., @Week, @Whiskeyjack, and all the like. (Apologies to any main players I've neglected to list here, I've been drinking tequila.

I don't know what's going on with you presently IRL Jaime L, but it is starting to concern the NFL thread. Pull your head out of your ass and devote a larger percentage of your time and energy into that which has greater importance. Namely, the NF Fucking L. You are not Jaxom. You are not going out like that. Make some trades, make some inspired waiver pick-ups, build some fucking aircraft carriers and get back in the fight.

11 hours ago, Jaime L said:

Week 3 Power Rankings

DUDE!!! I WAS ONLY KIDDING ABOUT TAKING YOUR SPOT. STEP IT UP MAN!!!!!!!!!!!

Jaime has a solid team -- matchups and performances just haven't gone his way. FF is really weird this year. Once Bell starts cranking -- his fortunes will change drastically.

15 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Okay, I don't know what the fuck is going on here, but you have clearly lost perspective on what is truly important. I think an intervention is well past due at this point. I'm calling an Avengers Assemble up in this bitch.

@Pony Queen Jace, @Maithanet, @Rockroi, @Bronn Stone, @Tywin et al., @Week, @Whiskeyjack, and all the like. (Apologies to any main players I've neglected to list here, I've been drinking tequila.

I don't know what's going on with you presently IRL Jaime L, but it is starting to concern the NFL thread. Pull your head out of your ass and devote a larger percentage of your time and energy into that which has greater importance. Namely, the NF Fucking L. You are not Jaxom. You are not going out like that. Make some trades, make some inspired waiver pick-ups, build some fucking aircraft carriers and get back in the fight.

8 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

DUDE!!! I WAS ONLY KIDDING ABOUT TAKING YOUR SPOT. STEP IT UP MAN!!!!!!!!!!!

Appreciate that guys. Don't worry, I haven't given up on the NFL or anything - I still enjoy it. Just less wholeheartedly. 

As far as this league goes, I'm not giving up...though the hole is now big enough that Jaxoming is easily my most likely fate.That said I really liked my draft in this league at least at one point. Yahoo did too - it gave it best draft...and if Yahoo can be wrong, man, I don't know what to think. What I didn't realize while drafting was that Terrelle Pryor lost both his hands in a tragic smelting accident and had them replaced with giant meat hooks. Apparently that really hinders the ability of a WR to catch passes. These are things I wish I knew a month ago! 

And if only there was some way I could've known that Eifert and Reed would be injured at this point. Some things are just impossible to predict. 

5 hours ago, Week said:

Jaime has a solid team -- matchups and performances just haven't gone his way. FF is really weird this year. Once Bell starts cranking -- his fortunes will change drastically.

Thanks man. Yeah, I don't believe my roster is this bad either. Though another shitty week will hammer home the point that I was just flat wrong on several of these guys. 

6 hours ago, Week said:

You're like the dude who shows up to an alcoholic's intervention and slips him a flask. 

Bad Week. Bad! 

:P

21 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

You're like the dude who shows up to an alcoholic's intervention and slips him a flask. 

Bad Week. Bad! 

:P

But, but ... it tastes so good when it hits your lips!

55 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

Appreciate that guys. Don't worry, I haven't given up on the NFL or anything - I still enjoy it. Just less wholeheartedly. 

As far as this league goes, I'm not giving up...though the hole is now big enough that Jaxoming is easily my most likely fate.That said I really liked my draft in this league at least at one point. Yahoo did too - it gave it best draft...and if Yahoo can be wrong, man, I don't know what to think. What I didn't realize while drafting was that Terrelle Pryor lost both his hands in a tragic smelting accident and had them replaced with giant meat hooks. Apparently that really hinders the ability of a WR to catch passes. These are things I wish I knew a month ago! 

And if only there was some way I could've known that Eifert and Reed would be injured at this point. Some things are just impossible to predict. 

Thanks man. Yeah, I don't believe my roster is this bad either. Though another shitty week will hammer home the point that I was just flat wrong on several of these guys. 

It's still early, at least that's what I keep telling myself since I'm also at 0-3.  We probably need 7 wins, maybe just 6 if we are lucky, to make the playoffs.  So that means we need to go 7-3 or maybe 6-4 over the next ten games.  That's not too bad.  

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Yeah, color me confused as well. I was sure (still am really) that my Westeros C team was the best team I drafted, yet here they sit at 0-3. The Fantasy Football Gods are fickle indeed.

Damn, didn't I just give you a beatdown in C that would see me hanged in most civilized places?

Archived