Westeros Experts League 2017

Jaime L

Not my thoughts, Rotoworld's....

Aaron Jones (knee) will practice Thursday.

Jones was officially listed as a limited participant on Wednesday, but he did not do much. Coach Mike McCarthy said he will do more Thursday, and if that goes well he could play Sunday against the Bucs. Jones returning would be a big hit to Jamaal Williams' fantasy value and leave both backs as risky FLEX options.

ETA: Better news later
Also limited on Wednesday, Jones was expected to do more on Thursday. His Week 13 status is genuinely uncertain, but we would guess the Packers' cautious training staff has him on the wrong side of 50-50. He should have a good idea of Jones' availability by Friday.

In a show of support for the first family of football, the Mole’s Town Septas have signed Eli Manning in what is most likely their last transaction of the 2017 season.

The Septas GM released a statement shortly after the signing.

”We just felt like no matter how poorly he’s played, we owed it to GRRM to welcome him with open arms, dress him up in a Westerosi habit, and let him be our honorary captain....while he sits in the bench for us.  He will be given the number “8” because a) it was available, b ) we think he’s barely better than #7 Jacoby Brissett but only half the the QB that #16 Jarod Goff is, and c) he kind of favors one of my favorite Disney dwarves and would be next in line if he wanted to make a career change.  Also, this is an awesome PR move and we hope to sell lots jerseys while only paying him league minimum for one week.”

Besides, who wouldn’t follow a leader with a face like this into battle?

New Face of the Franchise

32 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

OsRavan, you will never be forgotten.  It's all about keeping the fantasy fans happy, after all!

I do not believe I’ve had the pleasure of encountering this OsRavan chap but he sounds like an outstanding fellow :P

Lining up like Bronn and I will be facing each other Week 14. As of right now, it looks like both TEs may be out for Bronn (CJ - concussion and Gronk - probable suspension). Big swing there given the state of TEs...which is ... fucking awful.

14 minutes ago, Week said:

Lining up like Bronn and I will be facing each other Week 14. As of right now, it looks like both TEs may be out for Bronn (CJ - concussion and Gronk - probable suspension). Big swing there given the state of TEs...which is ... fucking awful.

Hoping that Gronk's suspension is delayed for one week by an appeal.  In week 15, I can probably cover Gronk better with Rodgers available again.  If I have a week 15.

On 11/23/2017 at 10:01 AM, Bronn Stone said:

Big last minute trade. I give up A J Green, Orleans Darkwa and Kyle Rudolph. I get Gronk, Rodgers and CJ Anderson. 

I swear I had no idea Gronk would go all WWE on you this weekend. Sorry ‘bout that. The good news....if you survive, is that GB won.

13 minutes ago, Dunknegg said:

I swear I had no idea Gronk would go all WWE on you this weekend. Sorry ‘bout that. The good news....if you survive, is that GB won.

I didn't get Jaxomed in my worst Fantasy Season in years.  I'm good.

4 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

I didn't get Jaxomed in my worst Fantasy Season in years.  I'm good.

I barely managed to scrape by. 

So this is what a bye week at the end of the season feels like. :mellow:

24 minutes ago, Dunknegg said:

Well, Bronn traded me Amari Cooper who immediately was concussed -- out for 1 and perhaps 2 weeks. :/

Rough -- we'll see if he appeals and whether they waive it due to his pretty clean track-record.

NFL suspended Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski one game for violating the league's player-safety policy.

It's the expected, and deserved, outcome after Gronk's illegal Sunday hit left Bills CB Tre'Davious White with a concussion. Gronk was arguably lucky to escape with only a one-game ban. Although both Gronk and coach Bill Belichick expressed remorse after the game, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Gronk will appeal the suspension. If it's unsuccessful, he will miss next Monday's game against the Dolphins, or as fantasy owners call it, the first week of the playoffs. Gronk can return for Week 15 against the Steelers. Dwayne Allen will get the start in Gronk's absence, but won't be more than a wheezing TE2 for fantasy purposes.

Final Power Rankings/Record/Points 

1) Whiskeyjack:  76-41 (8-5) 1,963.80 points
2) Mudguard:  75-42 (7-6) 1,961.86 points
3) Jaime:  69-48 (9-4) 1,937.80 points 
4) Week:  65-52 (8-5) 1,845.94 points
5) Dunknegg:  63-54 (5-8) 1,849.18 points
6) Mya:  59-58  (7-6) 1,826.06 points 
7) Bronn:  55-62 (7-6) 1,821.74 points 
8) Pyro:  48-69 (5-8) 1,664.28 points 
9) JJ Lannister:  41-76 (7-6) 1,656.70 points 
10) POTN:  34-83 (2-11) 1,556.62 points

Jaxoming Order

#1 POTN
#2 JJ Lannister
#3 Pyro

In the end JJ was not saved by 7 wins. Both he and Pyro made Experts last year but it's a cruel league and find themselves back out the next. At least Pyro finished...on fire. And JJ has already provided the template for making it back here after only a year hiatus. Not sure but I think both also have a shot at saving themselves.

Special note about POTN who has been in this league continuously since 2010. Helluvan 8 year run with a title to boot. Just had the season from hell going from starting Aaron Rodgers and DeShaun Watson at one point to Paxton Lynch and Mitch Trubisky near the end. Have no doubt you'll either save yourself or be back soon.

Saved by Power Rankings

Dunknegg - Finished very strong in week 13 and guaranteed his survival. Ended with a rock solid power power ranking and missed the playoffs more due to bad luck than anything. These things tend to even out over multiple seaosns 

Playoffs

#1 Jaime - Bye
#2 Whiskeyjack - Bye
#3 Week vs. #6 Bronn - Winner plays Whiskeyjack
#4 Mudguard vs. #5 Mya - Winner plays Jaime

All 6 teams are tightly packed. Lot of good teams but no historically great ones. This is the first Experts season ever not a single team made it to 2,000 points. It was the kind of bizarre NFL season that made it impossible for any team to be great all year.

Whiskeyjack started a dominant 5-0, then suffered some critical injuries and had to sweat out a survive a series of tough matchups at the end of the year to even make the playoffs. Still was able to finish strong and secure a bye. Mya looked like a world beater after 4 weeks with her 3 dominant young RBs before falling off in the second half and needing a win in week 13 to both make the playoffs and stay in the league outright.

Conversely Mudguard and I both started 0-3. Mudguard however rode 7 weeks with 160 points or above to guarantee his spot. I had a 6-30 power ranking 4 weeks in...but won 9 of my final 10 with a small assist from my life coach, Week, to nail down an improbable bye. Bronn and Week both looked dead in the water at 2-3 with soft power rankings before winning 5 of 7 and 6 of 7 respectively. This league was all about hot streaks...and now it'll be about who is going to finish with one. 

Going through all this for 3 reasons: 1) No-one had an easy time this season. All 6 playoff team had moments of extreme doubt. 2) Some time between weeks 4 and 6, everything went haywire. The worst teams got good and the best teams went sideways. And what this means 10 weeks later is 3) I have zero predictions for the playoffs. Anything is possible.

Good luck, all.

Jace had a pretty good FF campaign this year. The road to Experts in Westeros C runs through the Storms End Scumbags, and the Bolton Bitches have dibs on hosting the A league pride cup.

B is where I've struggled, as the Ruby Ford Rejects have locked up the division as a moderate 4 seed. The team has the guns for a run, but a wildcard where my QB options are vs Sacksonville, vs LA Rams, vs New England.

If I get out of this week in B, I think I'm optimistic about to be back.

In other news, I took over a one win team in Thunderdome around week seven and ran that shit straight to a winning record.

And in a REBUILDING! year, the Griffin's Roosters secured the 6 seed in Dynasty.

10 hours ago, Jaime L said:

[snip]

Good luck, all.

Good stuff, Jaime!  I'm the 3 seed in Westeros A and, if Brady and Cousins stay healthy, I feel like I always have a puncher's chance.  Jace's team in A looks practically unbeatable, though.  But, as you say, anything can happen in the playoffs.

And, yes, good luck everyone!:)

Archived