Westeros NFL Pick Em

Manhole Eunuchsbane

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, mcbigski said:

Any idea what happens now that the Dolphins game is rescheduled.  Already entered complete picks and leaving for vacation today.  Wouldn't want to get DQd for the week...

No clue. I'm guessing that game will just be taken off the board. I can't imagine that you'd get DQed for the week. I would suggest making that your one point game in case Yahoo manages to flub it up.

14 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

@Manhole Eunuchsbane

Are we supposed to just put a 1 for the Bucs-Fins game, or is that going to be removed? Also, has everyone been invited? I figured we’d have a lot more people.

Yeah, I'm assuming that slotting one point there is the way to go. They should've just grayed out that slot and made the rest of the scale 1-15, but they didn't, so I'd put the 1 there.

And yeah, that's everybody thus far. I'll continue to send out invites up until gametime tonight though if anyone else wants in.

43 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Yeah, I'm assuming that slotting one point there is the way to go. They should've just grayed out that slot and made the rest of the scale 1-15, but they didn't, so I'd put the 1 there.

And yeah, that's everybody thus far. I'll continue to send out invites up until gametime tonight though if anyone else wants in.

Yeah I agree that they should block it out, but oh well.

As far as adding more people goes, you might as well recruit at the end of each of your posts today, regardless of the thread. There’s a lot of NFL fans here who don’t actually participate in the NFL threads.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

As far as adding more people goes, you might as well recruit at the end of each of your posts today, regardless of the thread. There’s a lot of NFL fans here who don’t actually participate in the NFL threads.

Yeah, the more the merrier, for sure. I'll try to hook a couple more today if at all possible. Honestly, we usually start with anywhere between 18-22, then typically about a third of those drop out through the course of the season. Typically we end up with like 12-15 who play out the whole string. So we're not far from that average.

I'd suggest to everyone playing that you tick the weekly reminder box to your email. That makes it easier to not miss out on a week. Keep in mind also that we all get to drop our lowest week total, so missing a week is not an absolute disaster.

7 minutes ago, Lord Lyman said:

Just got in. Thanks.

Yahoo has removed the Dolphins-Buccaneers game and supposedly readjusted the confidence points. So it's only a 1-15 point scale now.

Thanks for the update. It looks like it just reset all the values down by one. So your 16 point game became your 15 point game, etc, etc.