Westeros NFL Pick Em

Manhole Eunuchsbane

Apologies for the slow updates. There was a death in the family. Week 4 is in the books and week 5 begins today. Last week was decent for most people with dbunting taking the top spot with 99 points. ME and SS took second and third with 98 and 94 points respectively. Here are the standings as week 5 begins:

1 Sunspear Serpents 347 36-25
2 dbunting 336 37-24
3 Kessler's Sports Book 328 36-25
4 Tywin 321 37-24
5 White Harbor Bakers 321 38-23
6 Lumpy the Greek 316 36-25
7 Bronze Stones 316 39-22
8 Ramsay 306 35-26
9 aceluby 304 32-29
10 Joe Pesci 300 31-30
11 rocksniffer 298 31-30
12 ThatPyroFlow 281 31-30

Deepest Condolences for you and yours Tywin. That was a great tribute. 

I went on to check the scores from this week and it says that I picked Indy to beat New England for 15 points. Yeah... I didn't do that and if I somehow hit the wrong team it was completely by mistake. Is there anyway for the commish to change that score? That's a pretty obvious "didn't mean to do that" I think. If not, no big deal. 

15 hours ago, JJ Lannister said:

Deepest Condolences for you and yours Tywin. That was a great tribute. 

I went on to check the scores from this week and it says that I picked Indy to beat New England for 15 points. Yeah... I didn't do that and if I somehow hit the wrong team it was completely by mistake. Is there anyway for the commish to change that score? That's a pretty obvious "didn't mean to do that" I think. If not, no big deal. 

I appreciate all the condolences.

I also forgot to turn on the one drop rule. It’s now in effect.

As to your situation, I can’t change individual games. What I can do is disqualify them for everyone. Everyone had NE for 14 or 15 points, so I’m not opposed to it in theory because it does sound like an honest mistake. If you want we can put it to a vote, but what that would do is probably make week 5 some people’s drop week, so there is that to consider.

2 hours ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

As to your situation, I can’t change individual games. What I can do is disqualify them for everyone.

Can you just give magic points to someone?  If not, I think it's best we just do it informally.  The site won't know who won the league necessarily, but we will.  I don't like killing the game for everyone because of the drop rule.

Another week in the books. Dbunting was the top point getter again for the second week in a row with 95. Bronn took second with 93 and Ramsay and I tied for third with 90. Your places will have changed a bit as the dropped week is now in effect. JJ, we'll deal with your dropped week at the end of the season in case it affects the standings in a meaningful way as you dropped this week. And after five weeks, here's where we are:

1 dbunting 366 65 38-22
2 Sunspear Serpents 354 77 37-24
3 Tywin 342 69 39-21
4 Bronze Stones 340 69 42-19
5 aceluby 340 52 36-24
6 White Harbor Bakers 336 71 38-22
7 Lumpy the Greek 335 59 38-22
8 Ramsay 333 63 37-23
9 Kessler's Sports Book 328 73 36-25
10 rocksniffer 322 55 31-29
11 Joe Pesci 318 51 33-27
12 ThatPyroFlow 298 61 35-26

1 hour ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

There are still a few hours to get your picks in. And remember, make sure your pick for tonight is actually!!! in. If not, heads, spikes, you know the deal.

I double checked this week Tywin. Whatever you decide to do with the scoring is good for me. 

15 hours ago, JJ Lannister said:

I double checked this week Tywin. Whatever you decide to do with the scoring is good for me. 

I'm inclined to give you and @mcbigski a one time pass. We'll address it at the end of the year if it has a noticable impact on the final top 3 standings. I don't think anyone cares unless they finishes there.

Said the guy who has finished second the last two years.......