Westeros NFL Pick Em

Manhole Eunuchsbane

2 hours ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

I'm inclined to give you and @mcbigski a one time pass. We'll address it at the end of the year if it has a noticable impact on the final top 3 standings. I don't think anyone cares unless they finishes there.

Said the guy who has finished second the last two years.......

It wouldn't be a big deal except those 15 points move me from 9th to 3rd in the standings. Everybody is bunched together this year. Crazy. 

10 minutes ago, JJ Lannister said:

It wouldn't be a big deal except those 15 points move me from 9th to 3rd in the standings. Everybody is bunched together this year. Crazy. 

Yeah, that’s usually the case for the first half of the season. But like I said we have it noted and we’ll figure it out at the end of the year.

Week six was great for some and terrible for others. Bronn won the day with our first triple digit score, notching 101 points. However, little ground was gained on dbunting as he came in second with 96 points. He is starting to pull away from the pack. Rounding up the top three was Pyro with 95 points. Here's where we stand after six weeks:

1 dbunting 462 65 48-27
2 Sunspear Serpents 445 77 48-28
3 Bronze Stones 441 69 55-21
4 aceluby 431 52 45-30
5 White Harbor Bakers 423 71 48-27
6 Tywin 422 69 48-27
7 Ramsay 420 63 46-29
8 Lumpy the Greek 418 59 47-28
9 Kessler's Sports Book 407 73 44-32
10 Joe Pesci 405 51 43-32
11 rocksniffer 395 55 40-35
12 ThatPyroFlow 393 61 46-30

5 hours ago, dbunting said:

Yep, confidence values are just as important as picking the winners. @SpaceForce Tywin et al. had more wins than me a couple seasons ago and still finished 2nd or 3rd? 

Nice signature btw, I remember loving that song as a little kid!

I finished second both years I've played, and yes I had a double digit lead on you two years ago. I just didn't know how the confidence points worked the first few weeks so I just put them in the order of the games.

Speaking of which, since I'm in charge now, is anyone interesting in switching it to picking against the spread next year? I don't gamble anymore, but I think it would be fun to see if we could make money off of this. 

3 hours ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Speaking of which, since I'm in charge now, is anyone interesting in switching it to picking against the spread next year? I don't gamble anymore, but I think it would be fun to see if we could make money off of this. 

Confidence points AND spread gets pretty random.  One or the other is fine by me.

5 hours ago, Bronn Stone said:

Confidence points AND spread gets pretty random.  One or the other is fine by me.

Yeah that's what I meant. Both would be hilariously awful. I do think the best record should win the day because the points are random and removing them would avoid the aforementioned issue, but if people want to keep it there will be no changes. It's just something I'll keep in the back of my mind and we can vote on that and some other stuff if people want next summer. 

Points aren't random though, otherwise they wouldn't have created a game using them and you wouldn't have the same people at or near the top each year. 

That said I wouldn't be opposed to switching to the spread next year, whatever the group wants. It would be a reminder to us all not to actually gamble because we will see how many we get wrong! Would be nice if there was some type of parlay included, bundle a group of games and if you get them all right you get a few bonus points. Obviously this system can't do that but it would be fun.

On 10/19/2018 at 10:32 PM, dbunting said:

Points aren't random though, otherwise they wouldn't have created a game using them and you wouldn't have the same people at or near the top each year.

What I meant by "random" is that there is so little chance that any of us can actually identify which games against the spread are fifteen or sixteen times more likely to go one way or another that the weekly and overall winners would be effectively random.

If you CAN identify which games are extremely likely to go one way or another, the last thing you should do is reveal it here.  You should be in Las Vegas surrounded by hookers and cocaine.

On 10/19/2018 at 9:18 AM, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

I finished second both years I've played, and yes I had a double digit lead on you two years ago. I just didn't know how the confidence points worked the first few weeks so I just put them in the order of the games.

either is fine i am sure i will suck no matter which we use...:lmao:

damn it looks like i might win the week...totally shocked...i guess i did points and picks finally...

...i am sure it is all the birthday shots of tequila i have been drinking this week!

Mother------!

I'm going to go 13-1 this week and finish in the bottom third in points. And the one game I lost would have been where I assigned a very low point total. 

This is what you get when you stay out late and want to sleep in.....

Tonight's game is as close to irrelevant as a game can be.  The only person who picked a confidence value other than 14 is dbunting, who picked 12.

Gonna go out on a limb and speculate that all of those picks are for New England.

An upset (ha-ha) WOULD change the standings a bit in terms of which week is dropped for some teams.

1 hour ago, Bronn Stone said:

Tonight's game is as close to irrelevant as a game can be.  The only person who picked a confidence value other than 14 is dbunting, who picked 12.

Gonna go out on a limb and speculate that all of those picks are for New England.

An upset (ha-ha) WOULD change the standings a bit in terms of which week is dropped for some teams.

i would sacrifice all 14 points for buffalo to stomp a mudhole in brady's ass...

i had put my 14 on the rams and took buffalo for 1 point but i figured it would jinx them so i switched out