Westeros NFL Pick Em

Manhole Eunuchsbane

14 hours ago, dbunting said:

I submitted my picks today, to see if you can see them in there. @Tywin et al.

No one can see each other’s picks, but I can confirm it says your selections are completed. We’re good to go.

My picks are in. I know we can’t see other’s picks, but during the season, will we be able to see rankings there or only here(this thread).

How much value do the 4 tiebreakers have?  Are the used only weekly or do they have bearing at the end of the season?

28 minutes ago, Dunknegg said:

My picks are in. I know we can’t see other’s picks, but during the season, will we be able to see rankings there or only here(this thread).

How much value do the 4 tiebreakers have?  Are the used only weekly or do they have bearing at the end of the season?

i am no expert but i think the tie breakers each week determine order of those of us who have the same amount of points

you can see rankings, weekly pick scores etc on the site...Tywin copies it to here...points count more than win/loss numbers...much to my disdain, since i suck at assigning points but am good at picking winners

What he said. It's pretty easy/user friendly. Just make sure to check the site and get your picks in a Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays. Picks can't be placed once we're 5 minutes to kickoff for a given game. You get one drop week and it applies automatically. Usually most people share the same drop week though.

Week one is in the books and most people had successful outings. Joe Pesci claims the top spot with a three way tie for second. I sadly was the player most screwed by the tie. I had 13 on the Lions, which was seven more points than anyone else spent on the game. Oh well, on to week two.

Standings

Rank Pick Set Name Total Dropped W-L
1 Joe Pesci 115 0 12-3
2 Dbunting 114 0 12-3
3 Aceluby 114 0 11-4
4 Bronze Stones 114 0 11-4
5 Tywin 111 0 12-3
6 Lumpt the Greek 111 0 12-3
7 Ramsay 110 0 11-4
8 Orchids of Asshai 108 0 11-4
9 Kessler's Sports Book 107 0 11-4
10 MT Crystal Ballers 106 0 11-4
11 Barrowton Beavers 101 0 10-5
12 rocksniffer 91 0 9-6
13 Sunspear Shariffs 86 0 8-7

1 hour ago, Bronn Stone said:

I came very, very close to switching on the Raiders-Broncos game.  Drat.

I think I flipped my pick six times in the days leading up to the game depending on AB. I should have stopped at five. :angry:

2 hours ago, Bronn Stone said:

I came very, very close to switching on the Raiders-Broncos game.  Drat.

I flipped to Denver right before it started. Only put a point on that game though.

I knew going big on the Browns was stupid. Serves me right.

Edited by Ramsay B.

18 hours ago, dbunting said:

The only one I wanted to switch and didn't was GB CHI, fuck the packers. Actually fuck the Bears for laying such an egg at home on national television.

@Tywin et al. I saw you had a lot of points on the Lions games. Being from the Great Lakes area you should know better than that!

The Lions aren't a bad team, they just play in a division that has three teams that are consistently decent to great, so they never get the chance to inflate their records like the Pats do. And frankly, whoever the Fins and the Cardinals are playing are like to get the most points from me this year. The Fins are as trash as I've ever seen and the Cardinals will need at least a season to try and change the NFL (they won't). 

19 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

. And frankly, whoever the Fins and the Cardinals are playing are like to get the most points from me this year.

This week we will coincide.  As I will always put the max points on the Patriots to win.

A Patriots loss is worth more to me than 16 confidence points.

6 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

The Lions aren't a bad team, they just play in a division that has three teams that are consistently decent to great, so they never get the chance to inflate their records like the Pats do. And frankly, whoever the Fins and the Cardinals are playing are like to get the most points from me this year. The Fins are as trash as I've ever seen and the Cardinals will need at least a season to try and change the NFL (they won't). 

People in my area would beg to differ about the Lions. I mean even the Freep Twitter called the team out for "Lioning" a term that basically means to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

9 hours ago, dbunting said:

People in my area would beg to differ about the Lions. I mean even the Freep Twitter called the team out for "Lioning" a term that basically means to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Let’s just say they’re not 0-16 bad.