Westeros NFL Pick Em

Manhole Eunuchsbane

Last week was one the easiest weeks I can remember. This week is one of the hardest. A lot of good teams play one another and the same goes for bad ones, and the injuries make it even stranger. Assigning confidence points was a nightmare. At least you can have some faith in the Jets still being trash.

Get your picks in. The mighty Dolphins face the ferocious Jaguars in what can only been seen is the battle for the second pick in the draft.

Fucking awful Thursday match up. Thank god the NBA is on tonight.  

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Well it looks like everyone got tonight wrong. Congrats @mcbigski on being the maximum amount of wrong! 

I was going with the modified Bronn strategy.  Bet the max against the Dolphins esp on a Thursday road game.  Tho from now on, Fear the Beard!

On 9/22/2020 at 5:09 PM, Tywin et al. said:

No point in updating since everyone dropped week one. Oddly everyone got at least 13 wins except for the Sunspear Shariffs, who went 8-8.

Worst to first, SS ties Ace with 90 points. Mcbigski gets third at 89. Here are the standings through week 3:

Standings

Rank Pick Set Name Total Dropped W-L
1 White Harbor Bakers 214 89 23-7
2 Tywin 212 80 24-6
3 Ramsay 209 63 21-9
4 Bronze Stones 209 72 24-6
5 Aceluby 208 97 23-7
6 Joe Pesci 207 80 23-7
7 Runestone Raiders 206 77 24-6
8 Buntings crappy picks 205 72 23-7
9 Lumpy the Greek 204 84 23-7
10 Manic Panic 194 84 21-9
11 Sunspear Shariffs 177 79 18-12

So I've been playing around with what tools I have and I can't really do much about the postponed Chiefs-Pats game. At this point I can only advise that you reseed your rankings and assign the lowest score you have to that game. I'm still skeptical that any of these games will ever be made up. 

19 hours ago, dbunting said:

Another bad week of picking. These injuries are just making it harder and harder to predict games. And Tywin, F your Vikings! I keep believing that this is the week they win. 

We did win.

4 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Our rookie WR is a stud!

Pretty equal to Lamb. Strange how it used to be that WR's took a year or two before really having much impact and now there are several each year who are ready to go day one.

3 hours ago, dbunting said:

Pretty equal to Lamb. Strange how it used to be that WR's took a year or two before really having much impact and now there are several each year who are ready to go day one.

I recall a rookie WR who cooked the Cowboys on Thanksgiving to tune of three receptions for over 150 yards, three TDs and a two point conversion....