Who can Dany marry

norwaywolf123

42 minutes ago, Graydon Hicks said:

it has to do with when she tried to have that witch heal drogo of his blood poisoning. the spell's price ended up being dany's unborn child, who came out dead and deformed. the witch something about dany being able to bear children again when the sun rose int he west and set in the east. was that just the witch being spiteful, was it prophetic, or was it a way of saying that she would never again bear children. that actually a matter up for debate.

"When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east. When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. When your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child. Then he will return, and not before."

reading within the lines of this quote to get a better understanding, it does not confirm she cant have children. 

One of the problems is she hasnt tried to get pregnant so we dont actually know. It also could be a factor is how Daenerys views the prophecy and how shes perceives the meaning. Does she really believe she is infertile.....

Mizzi maz duur just gives us a list of seemingly impossible tasks, which including her become pregnant. Its a criteria list for Drogo's return. 

so we keep getting hung up on the first line of impossibilities, and skip over the fact its a statement about drogo regaining his mind. so it may actually be possible for her to have a child. so there is hope for house targaryen. maybe there is a chance for baby jons and danys.

12 hours ago, Graydon Hicks said:

actually, their marriage would be quite acceptable by house targaryen standards. remember they have been marrying brother to sister since before they left valyria. its a cultural trait from their homeland to keep the dragonlord bloodlines pure. marrying aunt to nephew is actually quite tame compared to that standard. my issue is whether or not daenerys is barren. considering shes wanting to take back her family's dynasty, how is she supposed to continue it. makes me think martin is forgetting details that fans tend to remember again, like he did with the catspaw the tried to kill bran. they may have simply deus ex machina it and have mel wiggle her fingers.

Daenerys have distant relatives who may be able to inherit after her. There have been some targaryens who married into other houses most notably house martell, house velaryon and house hightower.

i just had an idea about how a marriage between dany and jon could make political sense. the north men, the first men families of the north, have a lot of resentment towards to the southern lords. they are always treated as if they are uncultured tree worshipping barbarians living in a frozen wasteland, and their complaints and problems have historically been ignored by the southern kings on southern thrones. its their pride that i think is really keeping jon from bending the knee to dany. if it had been a simple case of inheriting his position, like it would be in the south, then they would have followed like sheep where he leads, including into swearing to the iron throne again, but he was acclaimed by the lords of the north, of their own volition. they are putting their faith and trust in him to do right by them, and still taking their wants and need into sconsideration, not simply saying that whatever he wants is obviously whats best for them. thats how the lannisters and tyrells did things. if he bent the knee to dany they would abandon him in heart beat for the betrayal.

but if he married dany, married her as king in the north to the queen in the south, ruling as equals, then it would be re-subverting the proud first men of the north to the politcal whims of the andals of the south. they could technically still be their own separate realm. and if jon and dany can have a child, that child would be a northern child, born of the line of stark and the first men. then the child could inherent the crowns of both realms, and it would a northern king on a southern throne. much more acceptable to the lords of the north.

49 minutes ago, Graydon Hicks said:

i just had an idea about how a marriage between dany and jon could make political sense. the north men, the first men families of the north, have a lot of resentment towards to the southern lords. they are always treated as if they are uncultured tree worshipping barbarians living in a frozen wasteland, and their complaints and problems have historically been ignored by the southern kings on southern thrones. its their pride that i think is really keeping jon from bending the knee to dany. if it had been a simple case of inheriting his position, like it would be in the south, then they would have followed like sheep where he leads, including into swearing to the iron throne again, but he was acclaimed by the lords of the north, of their own volition. they are putting their faith and trust in him to do right by them, and still taking their wants and need into sconsideration, not simply saying that whatever he wants is obviously whats best for them. thats how the lannisters and tyrells did things. if he bent the knee to dany they would abandon him in heart beat for the betrayal.

but if he married dany, married her as king in the north to the queen in the south, ruling as equals, then it would be re-subverting the proud first men of the north to the politcal whims of the andals of the south. they could technically still be their own separate realm. and if jon and dany can have a child, that child would be a northern child, born of the line of stark and the first men. then the child could inherent the crowns of both realms, and it would a northern king on a southern throne. much more acceptable to the lords of the north.

Daenerys is not a real southron (Andal/Firstmen) mix she is a valyrian. She does not represent the south, she is only subjugating the south they will be her serfs or slaves. 

Do you think the Southern lords, gentry, smallfolk or the faith of the seven wish to be ruled by foreigneers like Daenerys and Jon?

Here is my theory

She wont be sitting on the Iron Throne, she is a Khaleesi. Shes gonna rule in her Pyramide.

I think we are gonna see a beautiful lovestory when Ser Jorah finally gets his one true love. Dany didnt feel shit when she dumped Dario. Thats beacuse she is in love with Jorah Mormont. She says it herself when they said goodbye " I command you to find the cure, and then return to me, cause I need you by my side. " =)

21 hours ago, norwaywolf123 said:

Daenerys is not a real southron (Andal/Firstmen) mix she is a valyrian. She does not represent the south, she is only subjugating the south they will be her serfs or slaves. 

Do you think the Southern lords, gentry, smallfolk or the faith of the seven wish to be ruled by foreigneers like Daenerys and Jon?

but jon isnt concerned with what the southern lords think, his charge is the north and its people, and to them, anyone not born of the blood of the first men of the north, is by default a southerner.

4 hours ago, Graydon Hicks said:

but jon isnt concerned with what the southern lords think, his charge is the north and its people, and to them, anyone not born of the blood of the first men of the north, is by default a southerner.

so becouse neither jon nor dany are concerned with the souths opion, the opion of the south is irrelevant in its entireity?

On 8/8/2017 at 6:52 AM, norwaywolf123 said:

so becouse neither jon nor dany are concerned with the souths opion, the opion of the south is irrelevant in its entireity?

i didnt say that dany wasnt concerned with southern politics, just that jon and the northern lorsd werent. and dany is a southerner by northern standards. and the south will see dany and jon both as foreigners. jon is a north man, a barbarin by southern standards, and a bastard, so doubly damned in their eyes. dany is a valyrian, a targaryen, with dragons. its not that they see her as a barbarian, but as a abomination, after all the years of targaryen incest in her breeding. but she doesnt care abou that, she is aiming to repeat the conqueror, and take the iron throne by force the way her ancestor forged it. and at this time, thanks to lannisters and baratheons, most of the nobility in westeros is anti-targaryen. they have spent the last 2 decades piling up and exaggerating the flaws in house targaryen, to justify their own rights to rule. but i would not be surprised, though we dont see it as much in the show as we might in the books, cause the show focuses in the bigger houses, but many of the houses of the crownlands, and likely the reach, maybe even the riverlands, are probably pro-targaryen, but dare not advertise it out of fear.

dany is going to have to fight an uphill battle to win the support of the nobles, even if she can take the throne. but for her marriage choices, there just arent that many left, and almost none would acceptable to her. westeros has had 3 wars in the last 20 years, and those wars have chewed through much of the heirs and younger lords of the realm; robb, theon's brothers, jon arryns nephews, renly, tristane, oberyn, loras, and many others. most of the remaining families are being lead by the older lords, like manderly, or by the younger sons and and daughters that had little chance of inheriting before the war, like the new lord umber and lady karstark, lady mormont, lord arryn. and those who might be of suitable age, are on the opposing side, and likely already committed to a marriage or betrothal. i believe dickon tarly is betrothed, and jaime will likely die by cersie's side, even if hes the one that needs to kill her.

jon is of a suitable rank, the named king in the north, and supported as such by the northern lords. he is unmarried, and of the appropriate age to her. i actually find it interesting that most of the marriages, either achieved or specualted, are within a reasonable margin of age difference, maybe a maximum margin of 10 years difference. lysa to jon arryn was more the exception than the rule, while it was often the reverse in the real world, frequently seeing marriages of 12 year old girls to 30 year old men, or older. but i digress.

dany is conquering the continent. and with an army of essosian savages to be her army. she isnt going to care about if the lords like her or not. neither did aegon. its tyrion thats stressing that she not use her unsullied or dothraki to take the cities and keeps, he who is trying to keep her aware of the political implications even when she is becoming more and more willing to just damn it all and let it burn. which is where jon seems to being coming in. he seems to be becoming her moral compass as tyrion is her political one. he reminded her not of what the lords might think, but of what the small folk see in her, and what they will fear if she unleashes her dragons completely.

which makes me think that the dumbest thing that the lannisters could do is kill dany. if she dies, then there is no one left to reign in either her dragons, or the dothraki, from becoming a plague upon westeros the likes of which the continent hasnt seen since the andal invasion.

Dany and Jon are the only pair that makes sense....for Dany.

Dany will need to be very forward in her advances though or she'll never be able to get Jon since he shows no interest in sex at all in the show.

Ygritte had to demand he prove he would break his vows.....then steal his sword.....then strip down naked in front of him to get Jon to finally show her some attention.

Ros and her perfect boobs had no effect on Jon.

Dany will need to be very forward.  The good news is that she is swooning hard over Jon in the show (it is overtly obvious that she's falling for Jon) so maybe she'll put some moves on him soon.

Archived