The Unholy Consult post-release SPOILER thread III

kuenjato

35 minutes ago, redeagl said:

Bakker answered more questions in Zaudunyannicon, most of them were RAFOs but chief among them was that we aren't done with that fucker Kellhus.

WHAT? I swear he said in the AMA "Kellhus is dead". Do you have a link to the questions at Zaudunyannicon?

This seems like a kind of big deal.

I missed a couple portions of Saturday but as I have always a big proponent of Fanimry it was relayed to me later that no in-world interpretation about the state of the World, the Outside, and the reality of Earwa is right; Memgowa, then Ajencis have come up with the best interpretations but Fane is among the most wrong.

Of course, this comes from Madness so who knows if it's accurate.

3 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

Um, did you miss the RSB quote where he literally says that what comes after determines what comes before? I'm quoting almost verbatim.

Edit: Hell I think the quote is in this thread, I'll pull it up later. Sure it may not be engaging but it's literally what Bakker said, and has said, multiple times.

He's also said, in reply to a question about after determining before 'Getting people to think through these paradoxes is the best I can hope for'

8 hours ago, unJon said:

I understand you don't find the explanation engaging, but saying "because he's two souled" is also functionally equivalent to "because a wizard did it."

How? It's more than simply saying 'He is the no god - for no reason'

43 minutes ago, Ghjhero said:

I really hope this isn't true. Far too simple a solution to keep the main character alive... 

It would have the benefit of providing a rationale for Mimara to be at Golgotterath. I guess?

2 minutes ago, Callan S. said:

He's also said, in reply to a question about after determining before 'Getting people to think through these paradoxes is the best I can hope for'

How? It's more than simply saying 'He is the no god - for no reason'

Because there is no proposed mechanism between two-souled and No God other than "a wizard did it." And it breaks down in that the previous No God (System Initiation) was not two souled, his father was. And it's inconsistent with statements made by the author at the AMA. And. And. And. 

Archived