Episode's title is blood of the dragon

fael097

4 hours ago, KINGpanther said:

This! It's just laziness. I was so hoping they did a quick scene with Jon and Ghost before he left but no. Also a Ghost+Arya meet woulda been epic but no.

Not laziness. It's the expense.

D&D have explained in interviews that direwolves are actually more expensive to CGI than dragons, because they are close enough in appearance to wolves that they have to be nearly 100% accurate or they will look fake. Whereas dragons can be animated almost any way and nobody can say otherwise, so they are less expensive to animate.

That single battle in Spoils of War blew a huge amount of the CGI budget, it seems that the only direwolf scene they could afford to do was the Arya/Nymeria scene. They could perhaps animate a Ghost scene, but likely at the cost of deleting a dragon scene that advances the plot a lot more.

13 minutes ago, Mongo said:

Not laziness. It's the expense.

D&D have explained in interviews that direwolves are actually more expensive to CGI than dragons, because they are close enough in appearance to wolves that they have to be nearly 100% accurate or they will look fake. Whereas dragons can be animated almost any way and nobody can say otherwise, so they are less expensive to animate.

That single battle in Spoils of War blew a huge amount of the CGI budget, it seems that the only direwolf scene they could afford to do was the Arya/Nymeria scene. They could perhaps animate a Ghost scene, but likely at the cost of deleting a dragon scene that advances the plot a lot more.

There was supposed to be a scene with Jon& Ghost in Ep2 and Bryan Cogman revealed that he really fought  for D&D to keep the scene in the episode. But it they cut it anyway. What a waste. 

2 hours ago, KINGpanther said:

The Iron Bank is diminished too. Tytos or whatever his name is has always been this pillar for the IB but now he follows Cersei like a dog.

What's the old saying, if you owe a bank $10,000 you have a problem but if you owe the bank $10 billion the bank has a problem? Words to that effect. The guy already said he's just a representative of the corporate interests of the bank. They want their money back, and right now Queen Cersei is their best bet.

On 8/7/2017 at 8:52 AM, King Louis II (KLII) said:

- Tyrion looks bothered by the Lannister massacre

I think it showed him drinking and looking sullen/drunk.  I think it is more to do with he thinks he is failing Daenerys (and he kind of has been failing her with his counsel) than longing for his people or even his family.

I thought, and he did look very bothered, I do think he was not welcoming the idea of watching Jaime get incinerated by Drogon but mostly that Daenerys would die.  When Drogon was falling his "bother" was extremely heightened.

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 11:38 AM, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

Drogon facing Jon is the best part.  I can't wait to see how D&D ruin that moment ;) just kidding.

So after Varys promises Dany that he will tell her when he feels she is Fucking up he runs to Tyrion to ask her to reason with a Dany?  For what? Burning the Lannister army alive?  

Are you sure he was referring to Dany?  Maybe Varys is pleading with Tyrion to make another female listen.  Maybe Cersie?  Millesandre?

2 hours ago, Iron Mother said:

I think it showed him drinking and looking sullen/drunk.  I think it is more to do with he thinks he is failing Daenerys (and he kind of has been failing her with his counsel) than longing for his people or even his family.

I thought, and he did look very bothered, I do think he was not welcoming the idea of watching Jaime get incinerated by Drogon but mostly that Daenerys would die.  When Drogon was falling his "bother" was extremely heightened.

Since we don't know if Jaime survived, or if Tyrion has that knowledge - he could have been mourning his brother's death.  He did love his brother, and battling him should be very tribulating for him.

4 hours ago, ImNoSer said:

ive been a believer in the jaime kills cersei theories for along time. so i dont think he dies just yet.

perhaps hes taken prisoner and tyrion sets him free.

This has always been my bet for the books, would love to see it in the show.  I believe this is her betrayal for love.  It is an unexpected type of love, but a brother can still love a brother.  

9 hours ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Are you sure he was referring to Dany?  Maybe Varys is pleading with Tyrion to make another female listen.  Maybe Cersie?  Millesandre?

That's what I was thinking. Maybe he's even talking about getting Jaime to get Cersei to listen. 

Rather than CG Direwolves, why don't they green screen (or force perspective) those Alaskan Inuit dogs they used for the pups? There is an overreliance on CG, films that use multiple techniques (like the original LotRs) are more visually interesting than films that rely solely on CG (like the Hobbit).

On 8/8/2017 at 1:53 AM, tmug said:

Why no Ghost? I have been severely disappointed with the lack of presence of Ghost in Jon's story this entire series. Dragon have been great, but Ghost is such a huge part of Jon's character - he should at least be at Sansa's side some of the time, at least moping around WF.

I agree the lack of Ghost is an error in storytelling, but the real reason he's not around is the CGI budget is all going to dragons this season. 

1 hour ago, ummester said:

Rather than CG Direwolves, why don't they green screen (or force perspective) those Alaskan Inuit dogs they used for the pups? There is an overreliance on CG, films that use multiple techniques (like the original LotRs) are more visually interesting than films that rely solely on CG (like the Hobbit).

completely agree.  When faced with a decision of No Direwolves at all or using Big Dogs, i'd take the dogs everyday.

On 7.8.2017 at 6:38 PM, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

So after Varys promises Dany that he will tell her when he feels she is Fucking up he runs to Tyrion to ask her to reason with a Dany?

Who say it is Dany in this sentence? Maybe Varys is speaking about Cersei?

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 2:53 AM, tmug said:

Why no Ghost? I have been severely disappointed with the lack of presence of Ghost in Jon's story this entire series. Dragon have been great, but Ghost is such a huge part of Jon's character - he should at least be at Sansa's side some of the time, at least moping around WF.

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 5:59 AM, KINGpanther said:

This! It's just laziness. I was so hoping they did a quick scene with Jon and Ghost before he left but no. Also a Ghost+Arya meet woulda been epic but no.

Literally....

Where has Ghost been?? I literally was trying to think back to last season to remember if Ghost had been killed off at some point. Ghost is always by Jon's side, and he hasn't been anywhere at all recently. Jon got to see dragons, would have been cool if Ghost was by his side and Dany got to see a direwolf.

It just makes no sense to me at all.

22 hours ago, DutchArya said:

There was supposed to be a scene with Jon& Ghost in Ep2 and Bryan Cogman revealed that he really fought  for D&D to keep the scene in the episode. But it they cut it anyway. What a waste. 

Which also means that all these talks about CGI and costs are bullshit, because they've made the scene.

1 hour ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

So Varys is asking Tyrion to talk some sense into Cersei?  Doubt it.  She would have Tyrion executed on sight.  

That will be the answer of Tyrion. But Tyrion will also say, that there is another Lannister whom Cersei will trust an who is luckily imprisoned right now at Dragonstone ;-)

Archived