Varys predicted death....

Samwell_Tarly

1 hour ago, Lord Varys said:

He is going to die heroically either in some battle against the 'army of the dead' or by preventing some sort of attempt on Dany/Jon next season, sacrificing himself to save them. That's what his story is about in the show - doing his best to serve the Realm, and he has made it clear who the Realm is for him.

He serves his self and his ambition for the Iron Throne

1 hour ago, Lord Varys said:

Chances that this is going to change as very small indeed. How would this work? He'll learn about the true enemy, after all. How on earth is he going to betray Daenerys after that? Why should he?

Ive posted a list of why at the top of this page i think he has the potential to betray but Im struggling to work out  why he would feed Cersei with information. 

12 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

He serves his self and his ambition for the Iron Throne

That is not what he does in the books and certainly not what he does in the show.

12 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

Ive posted a list of why at the top of this page i think he has the potential to betray but Im struggling to work out  why he would feed Cersei with information. 

Indeed, why on earth should he?

We are down to about ten episodes now. Things are already in the process of being wrapped up. We'll get some backstabbing and some twists and revelations but Varys is a very transparent and vapid character in the show now. He is not good for surprises of that sort.

6 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

That is not what he does in the books and certainly not what he does in the show.

Again read my post at the beginning.

Indeed, why on earth should he?

Other than what was said to him from the flames, which we might learn about and possibly could change, I see no purpose in his story line now.

We are down to about ten episodes now. Things are already in the process of being wrapped up. We'll get some backstabbing and some twists and revelations but Varys is a very transparent and vapid character in the show now. He is not good for surprises of that sort.

I think things are very far from being wrapped up to be honest. Theres plenty of twists and turns to see just yet. I personally think Varys is quite the opposite to be honest hes very much a closed book and his true intentions have been covered up with ''i serve the realm''

Varys as traitor only makes sense if he views Dany as the Mad Queen, or if he desires to truly give the power of Westeros to the people.  If he is in the business of removing rulers to install some sort of democratic government, then it makes sense.  I don't see any other reasons for him to be traitorous. 

Other than Varys' distrust of the Red Priestesses, I failed to see what was so shocking about the statement. He is going to die in Westeros. Who'd have thought! A man who lived there for who knows how many years.

Still interested to see what he's up to. I liked his conversation with his Queen about serving the interests of the people. One of the downsides of bringing all these people together into small groups is that you inevitably sideline a couple of them, and it seems to be happening with Varys as well. Let's hope there's still movement under the surface, and that he will get another moment to shine.

12 hours ago, Anarres said:

Other than Varys' distrust of the Red Priestesses, I failed to see what was so shocking about the statement. He is going to die in Westeros. Who'd have thought! A man who lived there for who knows how many years.

I was thinking the same. He may die there of old age also, a great prophecy.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/9/2017 at 11:44 AM, Anarres said:

Still interested to see what he's up to. I liked his conversation with his Queen about serving the interests of the people. One of the downsides of bringing all these people together into small groups is that you inevitably sideline a couple of them, and it seems to be happening with Varys as well. Let's hope there's still movement under the surface, and that he will get another moment to shine.

+1

i think he may have a role in being the sceptic of the lord of light and his followers.

Varys had no important function in whole season 7. Almost as if he was not present at all.

Only two important scenes remain: Daenerys promising to kill him if he plays wrong and the Red Priestess prophecying his death on Westeros.

Varys was not on the side of any emporer or the realm. Varys in on Varys side solely. He will make a mistake and Daenerys will kill him as promised.

On 8/30/2017 at 10:39 AM, Kajjo said:

Varys had no important function in whole season 7. Almost as if he was not present at all.

Only two important scenes remain: Daenerys promising to kill him if he plays wrong and the Red Priestess prophecying his death on Westeros.

Varys was not on the side of any emporer or the realm. Varys in on Varys side solely. He will make a mistake and Daenerys will kill him as promised.

This brings up a very interesting point. In the books, Dany and Varys are on opposing sides as he backs fAegon and him being 'the mummer' she saw in his visions. If Daenerys is destined to kill Varys in the books, I wonder if the same will happen in the TV show but obviously in a completely different way considering fAegon got removed

34 minutes ago, Commander Jon Snow said:

This brings up a very interesting point. In the books, Dany and Varys are on opposing sides as he backs fAegon and him being 'the mummer' she saw in his visions. If Daenerys is destined to kill Varys in the books, I wonder if the same will happen in the TV show but obviously in a completely different way considering fAegon got removed

Yeah, in the show, they will likely just have Varys betray Dany and she find out about it and have him killed by Drogonfire. 

Varys, whether in show or books, is not Littlefinger. He is not purely out for himself.

Show Varys is not Book Varys. Nothing in the show suggests he does other than caring for the people. So either Varys is an unfortunate casualty or hero of the war (unlikely). Or as the OP suggests, he will betray Daenerys. And the only reason he would do that would be because she becomes an unfit ruler, like her father (who he did nothing against).

I believe the OP just predicted the future of Daenerys ruling.

On 07.08.2017 at 1:11 PM, JordanJH1993 said:

I would say the absence of Young Griff from the show has as good as made Varys redundant. At the moment, he isn't advising Daenerys, he's just walking around behind her. He doesn't seem to be plotting anything, either. A great character being ruined, just like Littlefinger is at Winterfell.

Time for talking is over, now it's time for fighting. And Varys isn't one of those who are able to fight. He can't advice to Dany on accords of battle strategies, especially against the Army of Undead. No one else except Jon has as much experience fighting against White Walkers (out of 4 of them killed on screen, he alone killed 2), and against wights. Varys' main purpose was to bring Tyrion to Dany, to negotiate with slavers and Red Prists. He did his job, there's nothing else he can do now.

Maybe later, if he will still be alive, after they will defeat Night's King, he will have more to advise, if Dany and Jon will be fighting against Cersei. Because for him Cersei is a well known enemy. But now he is as good as useless.

Also it was really funny when he was so sure that his little birds can't betray him. His spy network was taken away from him, and he isn't even aware of it.

Back to main topic - Varys will die, far from his homeland, because that's what the voice in flames told him. Doesn't mean that his death will be a result of his betrayal. Maybe he will be the one betrayed, by his little birds, which would be very ironic.

Archived