[Spoilers] EP704 Discussion

Ran

The battle looks cool as hell (and so far, they seem to be doing only about half of the "tactics they're almost surely going to do wrong" predictions instead of the 80%+ I expected), but:

Dany is spending all her time setting the supply train on fire. Never mind that this does nothing to help the battle, that supply train is all of the food (and gold, but she was too late for that) that she went there to recover. Is she planning to feed her armies on charcoal?

1 minute ago, plectrum said:

Saved from dragon fire, Jamie went on to drown shortly thereafter, weighted down by his stupid golden hand...

If he survives and swims despite the fact he has so much armor on I swear to the gods I'll...

Probably do nothing considering he'll most likely survive anyway

Just now, Pandean said:

If he survives and swims despite the fact he has so much armor on I swear to the gods I'll...

Probably do nothing considering he'll most likely survive anyway

Now he's a drowned man, and he can challenge Euron in a Kingsmoot for the Iron Isles.

1 minute ago, xjlxking said:

HOLY THE CRAP!!!!!!

What an episode! Last week was disappointed to me. I gave it a 5/10. This is definitely a much much better episodes. Bit weird seeing Arya a better fighter then big B but still.

This episode was a solid 9/10

Well, because obviously the little squirt who has trained intensely with a Water Master for several months six years back and with an assassin's cult for a few months more recently can hold her own with a trained knight who's twice her size.

1 minute ago, falcotron said:

, that supply train is all of the food (and gold, but she was too late for that) that she went there to recover. Is she planning to feed her armies on charcoal?

That was stupid. She was mad at Cersei for stealing the food and then she burns it. Smart move.

@LmL @ravenous reader 

While I'm sure you're loathe to mingle book and show material, I think you'll be amused to see that tonight's episode features a whole bunch of Mythical Astronomy cave drawings! Many paired paired images of a sun and a "gods eye" eclipse-type shape, or a circle with a line through it (as drawn by Yoren in the sand next to the Gods Eye).

OK, one actual gripe from this season: Brienne is now a prop.  She was one of the most interesting characters in GoT during the first seasons.  Now her only role is to play a foil so that Arya can show what a badass she is.  That seems to be happening with a lot of the peripheral characters this year.

Just now, The Knight of Flours said:

I guess if that was Bronn sending Jaime into the river, he doesn't have much armor on

Yep, it was two white horses that were incinerated, and we saw Bronn eyeing up a white steed after he jumped off the scorpion wagon.