Dany needs a maester

Qyburn's ballista/scorpion made me think that Dany badly needs a maester.

Who is going to treat Drogon if his wound worsens?  Wouldn't put it past Qyburn to have some foul substance coated on those missile-arrows.

Also - she probably needs a master smith to forge some armor for her dragons.  Gendry - where are you???????

30 minutes ago, The Knight of Flours said:

Qyburn's ballista/scorpion made me think that Dany badly needs a maester.

Who is going to treat Drogon if his wound worsens?  Wouldn't put it past Qyburn to have some foul substance coated on those missile-arrows.

Also - she probably needs a master smith to forge some armor for her dragons.  Gendry - where are you???????

That sounds more like a prediction.

I soooo wish Maester Aemon could have survived to become Dany's advisor.

I think the Dothraki have some kind of healers(not sure if they are good though-they couldnt heal Drogo).

Maesters are believed to help in the death of the Dragons (magic).....

I wish Maester Aemon was with her. Daenerys might be arrogant but she counts the opinions of her advisors..And maester Aemon would be a great advisor.. He would also make things easier for Jon since he knew the threat beyond the Wall too..

I don't think a maester would go near a dragon. Their is also no real knowledge of dragons insides besides they are tough to kill. In order to study an animals body you have to see what's inside it and such and seeing as dany isn't gonna sacrifice one of her dragons for it it is pointless. Also I think the dothraki would have healers and one maester wouldn't be enough to heal all the dothraki that would get injured

Maesters do a whole lot of other things besides healing. They keep the records, keep the accounts, manage the ravenries, teach the children, look up historical precedents, provide objective advice (not biased toward either their Lord or their own family), and even help manage skilled workers in fields like metallurgy. A lot of that seems like stuff Dany could use.

Not to mention that it would be nice to have someone recording Dany's story so the history books don't have to rely on Tyrion's accounts as a latter-day Mushroom.

5 hours ago, Styl7 said:

I think the Dothraki have some kind of healers(not sure if they are good though-they couldnt heal Drogo).

They never tried, it was just the Maegi.  In the books the bloodriders wanted the Dothraki "hairless men" (the eunichs who apparently knew medicine) to look at the wound, but Dany would have none of that.

She could also use a maester, or a good saddler, to get a proper saddle for Drogon. I'm not sure how she managed to hold on to Drogon when he nose dove. Her thighs and hands must be bloody. 

She should also start thinking about finding riders for the other dragons. Hopefully, there will be a discussion with Tyrion on that subject, if nothing else.

10 hours ago, Stark_in_Winterfell said:

I soooo wish Maester Aemon could have survived to become Dany's advisor.

This, this, this and this!!!!

5 hours ago, Styl7 said:

Khalasars keep two sorts of healers. Barren women practice with herbs and potions and spells, and eunuch slaves use knife, needle, and fire

5 hours ago, Styl7 said:

Maesters are believed to help in the death of the Dragons (magic).....

I truely believe the Conspiracy of the Maesters having been part of a bigger picture to destroy magic from the world, even helping in the destruction of dragons. 

5 hours ago, goomba said:

Guys, Dragons are very big lizards, meaning their wounds heal quickly! :D 

Correct!

6 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

She could also use a maester, or a good saddler, to get a proper saddle for Drogon. I'm not sure how she managed to hold on to Drogon when he nose dove. Her thighs and hands must be bloody. 

A maester definitely would be more use than we think, more so if she takes the Iron Throne. As tradition goes a Maester is tied to a castle she should really recieve Qyburn but I very much doubt this would be the case. A Maester will definitely help in the areas of accounting, healing, advice in war tactics, sending ravens and upkeep of them, smithing, and also higher mysteries aka anything magical. 

6 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

She should also start thinking about finding riders for the other dragons. Hopefully, at least, there will be a discussion with Tyrion on that subject.

I dont believe we are going to see the prophecy, The three heads of the dragon fulfilled. Drogon will be the last dragon left, the other two having died, not sure if we are going to see two dragons die this season but one should. 

From Trailor 5 we can see Jon finally meets a Dragon with Daenerys riding upon its back. Im excited to see how this pans out and how it comes about.

2 hours ago, Euron's Mom said:

They never tried, it was just the Maegi.  In the books the bloodriders wanted the Dothraki "hairless men" (the eunichs who apparently knew medicine) to look at the wound, but Dany would have none of that.

I wil do a rea search too,(in the show I think they tried) not remember about books, but I will look for that

2 hours ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

I dont believe we are going to see the prophecy, The three heads of the dragon fulfilled. Drogon will be the last dragon left, the other two having died, not sure if we are going to see two dragons die this season but one should. 

From Trailor 5 we can see Jon finally meets a Dragon with Daenerys riding upon its back. Im excited to see how this pans out and how it comes about.

I think it's going to go like this: Dany's going to take Rhaegal and Viserion, riderless, on a mission North, where Viserion dies. After that, Rhaegal chooses Jon and Dany trains him to ride, while the Night King wights Viserion and rides him. So there will be three dragonriders, but not all on the same side; that won't be the prophesied three heads of the dragon, and in fact that prophecy won't even be mentioned.

9 minutes ago, falcotron said:

I think it's going to go like this: Dany's going to take Rhaegal and Viserion, riderless, on a mission North, where Viserion dies. After that, Rhaegal chooses Jon and Dany trains him to ride, while the Night King wights Viserion and rides him. So there will be three dragonriders, but not all on the same side; that won't be the prophesied three heads of the dragon, and in fact that prophecy won't even be mentioned.

Cant see the three heads of the dragon unless, bran is the nights king and the nights king we see joins Danenerys and Jon, plausible haha

I think that part of that is right just in my opinion

1. agree with Daenerys taking dragons north
  2. 1 dies most likely Viserion
  3. a possible white dragon resurrection but not sure 
  4. Jon/Tyrion rides Rhagael, makes sense Jon as he'll learn his Targaryen roots
  5. Thats it for season 7
  6. Season 8 
  7. Invasion of kings landing 
  8. Rhagael dies
  9. just leaves Drogon left.

Archived