[SPOILERS] What did you love about this episode?

"Beneath the gold, the bitter steel" The mention of the Golden Company. These words made me high. In the books they are formidable military power and also in the TV-series, if we can rely on words of the Iron Bank. 

And Cersei is hiring them! The war is far from over.

Everything! This is one of my favorites across all seasons. If I had to pick out specifics - 

1. A dragon and the dothraki in a full blown field battle - for the first time (for both "units").

2. Lannisters getting slaughtered for once.

3. Daenerys "being the Dragon".

4. Jaime's heroic and futile charge.

5. A definitive display of the pay-off of Arya's lengthy training under Syrio, the Hound and "No One"

6. Littlefinger shocked for the first time in the show

Even though it was obviously going to happen, and I was kinda waiting for it, but the moment Jaime says "we can hold them off" and then you hear a fucking dragon roar, damn, that send chills to my spine.

Like someone said before, I don't expect the show to be logical or have good dialogue anymore, which is pretty sad in it's own right, I watch it for scenes like the final scene, and that final scene did deliver.

Just now, Nerevanin said:

- Stark reunion was cute

- Littlefinger finally not talking absolute nonsense

- the battle - finally a battle that happens during daylight and in which you can tell the two sides apart

- Bronn survived (so far)

- Davos

God the show is aweful at "dark" scenes isn't it? I don't know if it's a hardware problem on my part, but most of the time I can't even see what's happening.

I loved just about everything about this episode. Having three Starks back together was great; their interactions were believable considering all they had been through since they last met. I actually thought the dialogue was pretty strong throughout the episode.

The battle. So much about the battle was awesome. The Dothraki charge, the Lannister tactics and the way they got blown out of the water by the arrival of Drogon. Bronn using the scorpion to wound the dragon and prove it isn't infallible. 

Theon and Jon's scene was nice, to see Theon get a tiny bit of forgiveness. Now if he could just save his sister and get some more redemption ...

16 minutes ago, BrightStar Of The Day said:

God the show is aweful at "dark" scenes isn't it? I don't know if it's a hardware problem on my part, but most of the time I can't even see what's happening.

I have this problem too. When there is a dialogue, ok, you just listen to the words. But when there is a battle? Like the battle of Castle Black in S4 or the recent Euron vs Yara? It happens in complete darkness and everyone is dressed exactly the same way. When someone is killed, you can't neither cheer not despair because you can't tell to which side the fighter belonged. :bang:

7 minutes ago, Nerevanin said:

I have this problem too. When there is a dialogue, ok, you just listen to the words. But when there is a battle? Like the battle of Castle Black in S4 or the recent Euron vs Yara? It happens in complete darkness and everyone is dressed exactly the same way. When someone is killed, you can't neither cheer not despair because you can't tell to which side the fighter belonged. :bang:

You'd think a show with this budget, that admittedly does an amazing job at showing a battle including a cgi dragon, would have decent lighting. Apparently not.

7 minutes ago, BrightStar Of The Day said:

You'd think a show with this budget, that admittedly does an amazing job at showing a battle including a cgi dragon, would have decent lighting. Apparently not.

I remember that I saw a "Making GOT" video and there was a scene from S6 about Bran and Meera and Benjen in a forest behind the Wall. When it was shot the lighting was great, bright and all. And then they used tons of filters to make it gloomy and dark etc. I thought that they were choosing gloomy places with gloomy lighting on purpose. No. They choose good places with good lighting to later mess it up with damn filters. :bang:

1 minute ago, Nerevanin said:

I remember that I saw a "Making GOT" video and there was a scene from S6 about Bran and Meera and Benjen in a forest behind the Wall. When it was shot the lighting was great, bright and all. And then they used tons of filters to make it gloomy and dark etc. I thought that they were choosing gloomy places with gloomy lighting on purpose. No. They choose good places with good lighting to later mess it up with damn filters. :bang:

Yeah, I get that they're going for "gritty and realistic darkness", that doesn't really help the tone of the show if your viewers can't see shit though.

I love this episode, this was one of the best episodes of the show so far. The stark reunion that we have been waiting for so long  , Drogon and the chaos is a ladder moment were

my favourite Parts. I also really liked jaime charging at drogon and getting a glimpse of dany. Speaking of dany, i'm not a Fan of Emilia's acting, but she looks really pretty this season and thankfully her and kit have some chemistry.

I LOVED Drogon in full attack mode this is the first time we have seen she can take down a massive ground force with fire and blood.

Loved the "Goonies" cave thing and that it actually showed Daenerys the White Walkers.

Loved that Daenerys just took control of the situation.  "Enough clever plans!"

Loved Loved Arya V Brienne and her stealth into Winterfell.

Loved the family reunion.

Loved Bran "Chaos is a ladder" to Littlefinger!

Loved the Dothraki finally showing their juice and SLAYING!

Loved that Bronn lost his bag of gold.  I hate Bronn more with every appearance.

Did not love Meera's exit but I understand Bran's disconnected nature now.  I was sad for her :(

i'm trying to decide if Jaime was "ready to die" in his final charge at Dany (and Drogon).

once again, there is dialogue (between Jaime and Bronn) about the new world that Cersei is creating, showing Jaime harboring doubts about all that he is doing.

i think he is ready to jump ship and join his brother.  that... or he knows how far gone his cause is, and because of his actions/support of Cersei, he would rather just die than continue the mummer's farce.

and if he doesn't die, he could become the first dragon-slayer in the last 300 years... or at least end the war by killing Dany.

either way, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is getting a chance to show his acting chops, and his character has been reinvigorated to me.  one of the best characters in the books, and i am glad the show is keeping his character interesting, considering how neutered he has been for the last couple seasons.

Archived