[SPOILERS] What did you love about this episode?

Most everything about the battle, in particular Drogon burning shit, Lannisters putting up a good fight, and not breaking at the first flame burst; their shield wall effectively stopped the Dothraki charge, as it should be. There was even some use of horse bows by the Dothraki. Sure more and better could have been done with all this, but I take what I can get.

It's nice to see the wolf pack get back together, even if most of the Winterfell scenes are not very good. I especially liked the quick exchange between Arya and Sansa where they talk about the long roads they both took.

11 hours ago, Wolves Die Young said:

Which scenes/moments made you happy, enthustiastic, excited, thrilled or invoked other positive emotions in you? It can be big or small things!

Remember this thread has no negativity or hatred, it's a safe place for us who want to share our favourite parts of the show!

Dany and Drogon

Arya homecoming

Arya channeling Syrio while sparring Brienne

Dothraki badass horseriding

Drogon

The seaside scenes from Dragonstone with the beach, cave and that amazing stair-ed wall that descends to the beach, thats impressive.

The episode long tension building- Jon and Dani in the cave, Tyrion watching Jaime as he charged Drogon, Bron being chaseed by the Blood Rider, Drogon and Dani having bolts fired at them, and in the finale as we see Jaime and (Bron?) sinking, in armor, in the pool.

The scenes were well executed and managed to keep me on my toes all the way through, it had that unpredictable factor that makes for a great story where were never certain whats happening next, great, great episode.

The best episode of Season 7 so far.

·         The  Sparring Brienne vs Arya, especially the satisfied look in Pod’s face and the shocked in Sansa’s  BUT: The Sparring will be also in my  rant&rave post

·         The short conversation between Pod and (Lady) Brienne

·         A warm welcome between Arya and Bran, considering both had become, how to say…emotionally restricted

·         The idea that human decision can overcome Brans visions (here: Hotpie directing Arya to Winterfell instead of Kings Landing)

·         I liked that Sansa found Arya immediately  at Neds statue. In fact, they are the only family members to have witnessed the beheading. Directly, not per weirwood replay.

·         Meera bringing the Brandon case to a point: He died in the cave

·         The field of fire battle. Maybe the most awesome battle of the show so far. Probably better than the battle of Blackwater Bay, and surely better than the overrated Hardhome or the body tangle at Winterfell. If the absence of CGI-Ghost was the (budget-)price that was to be paid for this battle, I was willing to pay it.

·         Bronn handling the AA-Gun

·         Daenerys arguing the same way to Jon, as Jon had once argued to Mance Rayder (personal pride vs protection of his people)

Brienne kicking Arya in the chest.

Jon/Theon reunion, complete with chokehold.

Bran dropping "Chaos Is A Ladder" on Littlefinger just to fuck with him.

Brienne struggling to, and ultimately succeeding in, accepting a compliment from Pod.

Meera calling Bran out.

Bran being a little warmer towards Arya than he was last week.  Either a bit of him is coming back around or Bran and Arya just plain like each other better because they're closer in age, I'm cool with either explanation.

Mark Gatiss being the slimiest motherfucker on the planet as Tycho.  He sounds like he's having so much fun.

Entrance of the Dragon.

On 7 agosto 2017 at 5:20 AM, A Ghost of Someone said:

The only thing that would have made it better was if Tyrion, Jaime and Cersei could have been incinerated too.

I think the three of them will be meeting soon. The show is not very subtle, they're setting this up. But I think they're gonna survive S7.

On 8/6/2017 at 11:20 PM, A Ghost of Someone said:

Lannisters dying a horrific death. It was glorious. The only thing that would have made it better was if Tyrion, Jaime and Cersei could have been incinerated too.

Yes! I loved watching the Lannisters get roasted.  Tyrion, Jaime, Cersei, and Bronn should have been roasted as well.  Then Jaime would be a crispy cripple.

On 8/7/2017 at 10:49 AM, El Guapo said:

Daenerys finally showing what happens when you wake the dragon!

This.  Let the dragon come out.  Forget trying to play nice.  Nice doesn't work.  And that goes with her dealings with Jon also.  Don't give the north anything until the Night's King and his armies soften northern pride.

1 hour ago, Elisabetta Duò said:

I think it will happen soon, it has to, at this point. The show is not very subtle, they're setting this up.

31 minutes ago, Wolf's Bane said:

Yes! I loved watching the Lannisters get roasted.  Tyrion, Jaime, Cersei, and Bronn should have been roasted as well.  Then Jaime would be a crispy cripple.

I would not hold my breath that that would every happen to the Lannister Trio, Bronn maybe but not them. The showrunners love them too much.

I loved the battle and the disastrous defeat the Lannisters conceded. I want to point out what the Lannister regime has done to seize and remain in power. Those who died a horrific death there, in fact died defending people responsible for:

-Poisoning the King in a peaceful time

-Installing a false king who happens to be a psychopathic sadistic maniac at the same time

-Beheaded a warden of the North, after promising him they won't (he kept his part of the deal, they broke it, even what he claimed before was truth)

-With this, they gave more reason to the North to continue the rebel and was sure it will 

-Sacked and burned villages, killed thousands of innocent civillians because they lived in a wrong place at the wrong time (Riverlands)

-Crippled a child simply because what he saw and what he'd tell (would he?) may reveal the biggest lie possible they've created

-Kept neutral until they figured who would win, and therefore bravely sacked the capital to show their "loyalty" to the new King

-Orchestrated, organized and supported the Red Wedding, rewarding the freaks who did the dirty work for them

-Blew up a sept with hundreds of people with wildfire, including their relatives, nobel people, the Queen (I mean blow up your son's wife, how insane can one get)

Now we all know this list goes on and on, but it never stops and would never do so if someone else won't dethrone them. 

While the opposite side has done wrongs too, still contributed a lot of good for a lot of people and is willing to do so in the future.

The defeated side of the battle is willing to wipe out the world so they could stay alone with no "enemies" (who of course are created by themselves) to bother with. 

22 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

I would not hold my breath that that would every happen to the Lannister Trio, Bronn maybe but not them. The showrunners love them too much.

Oh sorry I don't know how I read "interacted" instead of "incinerated", my bad. I don't believe they'll be dying anytime soon, I think the showrunners are setting a meeting up. I'm gonna edit my previous post.

The little moments:

- Awkwardness followed by hugs between Sansa and Arya

- The look on Sansa's face when she realized that Arya's list is real

- LF's "oh shit!" expression when Bran used his "Chaos is a ladder" line

- Brienne finally accepting a compliment and her title

- Davos telling Jon "I've seen the way you look at her good heart," and "Would you mind if I changed sides?"

- Dany and Missandai's "many things" girl talk

The big moments

- The noise of the Dothraki coming

- That first shot of Dany on Drogon

- Dothraki riders jumping up on their saddles to shoot over the Lannister shields - made even more awesome by viewing the HBO Inside the Episode explanation of how it was accomplished

- Drogon turning his head to face Jaime - OMG that was as thrilling as all the fire!

I also loved how conflicted I was throughout the battle. I wanted Dany to win, but I didn't want Bronn or Jaime to die.

One of my favourite episodes, right up there with BOB!

Archived