Is Jamie dead

robasp2

12 minutes ago, cyberdirectorfreedom said:

Ahem.

And not down the gullet either. That was madness. These would-be dragonslayers might as well try to quench a fire with a spear thrust. "Death comes out of the dragon's mouth," Septon Barth had written in his Unnatural History, "but death does not go in that way."

Nice.

59 minutes ago, Nerevanin said:

Drogon had his mouth open at that point. The spear would do probably little to nothing against his scales but he doesn't have scales inside his mouth, does he?

You right he doesnt have scales in his mouth.

38 minutes ago, Nerevanin said:

That's exactly my point! Via Dagon's mouth, Jaime could have pierced his brain or spine or at least a wound from which blood would go down to the dragon's lungs and he could drown in his own blood.

How big do you think his spear is, did you see the size of the dragon compared to the humans 

Lets try put this into context, the dragons are nearly or are, as big as a boeing 747. What he effectively had in his hand might have looked like a largish spear but was really about like an oversized tooth pic in context to humans. He would have done little to no damage and probaby just slightly scratched the dragons mouth, somewhat to like biting the side of your mouth. 

Imagine a mouse running at you with a 'spear' trying to drive a large tooth pick through your mouth, yeah stupid isn't it and not going to happen.

4 hours ago, Grand Maestress said:

His sinking scene with his hands open seemed to imply to me that the thing dragging him down into the depths was his fake hand of gold. 

Bronn jumped in with him, so I think next episode we will see Bronn unfasten the gold hand and let it sink to the depths, while rescuing Jamie. (I accept that the armor would also be quite heavy as well, but perhaps it is plot armor, are we don't have to worry about it, or Tyrion will have recognised him and will come help...)

When they get out of the water the dragon might not actually be poised to burn them. Dany is killing those that try to kill her - but those practically drowning in the water they would be defenceless. It doesn't accord with her character to just blast them the second they emerge from the water. She might hold fire. That probably gives enough time for Tyrion to recognise Bronn and Jaime (if he hasn't done already - it seemed to me like he recognised Jamie when he said 'you fucking idiot' that second time - which gives him enough time to run to the scene while Jaime is still underwater).

I like this idea, It draws a parallel to people looking for rheager's rubies in the ruby ford.

54 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

How big do you think his spear is, did you see the size of the dragon compared to the humans 

Lets try put this into context, the dragons are nearly or are, as big as a boeing 747. What he effectively had in his hand might have looked like a largish spear but was really about like an oversized tooth pic in context to humans. He would have done little to no damage and probaby just slightly scratched the dragons mouth, somewhat to like biting the side of your mouth. 

Imagine a mouse running at you with a 'spear' trying to drive a large tooth pick through your mouth, yeah stupid isn't it and not going to happen.

I'm not convinced, sorry.

EDIT: but if you're against Jaime peircing Drogon's brain via his mouth, how his eyes? If the dragon is so big, an eye is quite a big target. And Jaime has a lot of experience with tourneys. Imo he should be able to hit the eye even after he lost his sword hand.

1 hour ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

to be fair I think he planned to hit dany not drogon because it showed him looking at dany and drogon didn't have his head near where jaime was charging until drogon moved to kill jaime before he could harm dany

What was Tyrion saying as he watched Jaime prepare to charge? I had the sense it was something like "Don't be a fool. Don't do it." But, I couldn't really hear. Or was Tyrion muttering and intending that towards Dany?

Jaime got knocked off his horse and landed 10 feet offshore!! How the hell does he end up in a bottomless abyss? And how could he drown, all he has to do is stand up, the water 10 feet of shore cant be more than waist deep!! I fully expect the next episode to start with Jaime thrashing about on his back in 10 inches of water like the Black Knight from Robin Hood Men in Tights

14 minutes ago, snow is the man said:

to be fair I think he planned to hit dany not drogon because it showed him looking at dany and drogon didn't have his head near where jaime was charging until drogon moved to kill jaime before he could harm dany

Yeah it was very obvious what was happening, his thick skull of his thought he could get to  Daenerys before Drogon would realise. Hes special Ill give him that. I was just discussing the point that, that person brought up and my thought on it.

24 minutes ago, Quoth said:

What was Tyrion saying as he watched Jaime prepare to charge? I had the sense it was something like "Don't be a fool. Don't do it." But, I couldn't really hear. Or was Tyrion muttering and intending that towards Dany?

Ah. Just plucked it off a youtube clip. Directed at Jaime "Flee you idiot" later followed once the charge begins with "You fucking idiot". Seems he still cares about his Bro.

11 hours ago, robasp2 said:

The last we saw, Jamie Lannister falls DEEP into a water body with heavy metal armour. 

The heat from the dragon flame must have been so intense just before the fall and could have burnt him badly.

Is there anyway at all he can survive now?

Not to mention there is no ally to pull them both out, and there is a dragon waiting for them if they plan on getting out.

I want Jaime to die.  Drowning would be acceptable.

1 minute ago, VenezuelanLord said:

Jaime wont die, they threw bronn at him at the last second to save him from dragonfire, he wont die right after. Bronn will save him and they will try and retreat to KL

I want those two men to get roasted.  Maybe Bronn will die slowly from 3rd degree burns.  

50 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

Yeah it was very obvious what was happening, his thick skull of his thought he could get to  Daenerys before Drogon would realise. Hes special Ill give him that. I was just discussing the point that, that person brought up and my thought on it.

You haven't replied to "that person's" next reply though.

No I don't think Jaime is dead. Not yet anyway. He still has to come to terms with who and what Cersei is. And I strongly believe it will happen. He has to before he dies. Plus he needs his big fuck you Cersei walk out. She needs to finally see Jaime abandon her insane batshit crazy train ride. Plus I think Arya will get a bit of revenge on him for pushing Bran out tbe window. Yeah she could have gotten him at the Twins when she took out The Late Lord Frey, but I can't say as to why she didn't other then the fact that she doesn't know it was in fact Jaime who pushed Bran.

2 hours ago, Nerevanin said:

I'm not convinced, sorry.

EDIT: but if you're against Jaime peircing Drogon's brain via his mouth, how his eyes? If the dragon is so big, an eye is quite a big target. And Jaime has a lot of experience with tourneys. Imo he should be able to hit the eye even after he lost his sword hand.

8 minutes ago, Nerevanin said:

You haven't replied to "that person's" next reply though.

You have edited and I didnt see, well regarding your post 

Did you see the speed and power needed to fire that Long spear to do any damage. (When Qyburn gets Cersei to fire it and also when Bronn fires the two spears) Jamie could not even replicate 1/10 of it, even riding a horse at say 25mph. Granted its the dragons eye yes but its probably going to blind him than go in his brain. Im not sure why we are having this discussion, not meaning any disregard. 

1. Jamie stupidly tried to kill Daenerys
  2. Jamie failed
  3. Bronn saved him just before he was scorched
  4. Regardless of whether the spear could kill the dragon or not he wouldn't have got there.
  5. If Bronn hadnt saved him he would have been ashes.

1 hour ago, Quoth said:

Pretty much the first bit. Maybe an expletive or two added in due to disbelief that jamie wasn't running away instead of charging. 

Archived