Stark Reunions compared

shawnpmcd

2 hours ago, Future Null Infinity said:

What is this meaningful way if Sansa told them who is really LF, if she will betray them why she warned them about LF, I don't see any logic in your statement.

LF is not the only plot point. Removing LF out of the way with her siblings' help will only make Sansa stronger and more powerful as she has influence over Robin. She is playing the long game just like Littlefinger

I think the bittersweet end might be, Sansa taking over Winterfell and throwing Jon out and Jon going back to take the black.

As for the leaks, the betrayal might happen only next season

23 minutes ago, Banjo said:

I think the bittersweet end might be, Sansa taking over Winterfell and throwing Jon out and Jon going back to take the black.

As for the leaks, the betrayal might happen only next season

Sure ,"time will tell", we always have hope that Sansa will betray the starks, we are hoping about it in every season, it's not this season so sure that it will be next season because "time will tell".

the problem that no one on earth was able to prove that sansa have any malevolent thoughts even with a single scene

As I said at the very top, it may be nothing.  I don't know -- opened up a discussion.  But it was clear as day that Bran had his arms down/didn't return Sansa's hug, whereas he embraced Arya.  Maybe random.  Maybe not.  "Time will tell" = I have no clue how this plays out but we all will ultimately.  Not saying I know time will prove the question right.   

On 8/7/2017 at 4:16 AM, LucyMormont said:

I noticed. It might mean that Bran is slowly recovering from his information overload and autistic emotional state, he might be learning to manage better his hability of "seeing everything, everywhere, always in his mind".

This is how I took it. He's been away from family and winterfell do so long he's forgotten himself amid all the visions. Now as he spends more time home, with familiar faces, hopefully it will allow him to remember Bran.  

I hope. 

On 8/9/2017 at 4:12 AM, shawnpmcd said:

My pt in starting this thread is I wonder if Bran's lack of hugging Sansa whilst hugging Arya is due to Bran seeing a future where Sansa betrays her siblings in some meaningful way.  They made a point to show Bran embracing Arya.    Time will tell.

Well she is good at keeping secrets. Maybe this last time she learned when she did not tell Jon about her and liitlefinger bringing the Vale army to help. Jon knowing could have helped out a lot. Gave them time to plan how and when to attack.  He almost died while Sansa sat back with her own plan like We are saving Winterfell. Instead the two armies together at once would have been better odds for survival. Jon almost died. I know you always have that chance when at war. I am very shocked he didn't die. But super happy he is alive.  So Jon not really thanking littlefinger I can understand why. Littlefinger was really hoping he would die. 

The meeting between Jon and Sansa was setup at both of the characters lowest points.  Jon had just been betrayed by his sworn brothers, and Sansa raped and beaten.  They both had nothing to lose and everything to gain from a family bond.  There childhood issues seemed silly in comparison.  Plus Sansa knew that Jon had become commander of the knights watch and that brought about respect.  Jon could forgive Sansa for being a childish brat all those years ago.

The meeting between Sansa and Arya could not be more of a contrast.  Both sisters have just gotten a taste of freedom and power for the first time.  They have both been through various trials, and both have been captives.  Arya risks losing everything if Sansa commands her to lay down her sword and marry for political reasons.  Sansa knows she can't control Arya, and learns just how powerful she has become later on in the episode.  It was awkward because they left on bad terms and they both could lose there new found power and freedoms.  

I think that as they go through trials together it will bring more trust and a better relationship, but with GOT you never know what will happen next.

2 hours ago, The Bastard of Summer said:

I'm having a Jon and Arya fan girl:wub: moment. its soo super cute they wear their hair a like

I know. Why do you think they are so closely styled similar? Sophie said they do it deliberately to show who character is inspired by and projecting. Which suggests to me that Arya will be doing more to support Jon's cause in the North when the inevitable weakness among the Northerners arises or if Sansa tries to take power for herself, if she's ever tempted at least. 

25 minutes ago, DutchArya said:

I know. Why do you think they so closely styled similar? Sophie said they do it deliberate to show who character is inspired by and projecting. Which suggests to me that Arya will be doing more to support Jon's cause in the North when the inevitable weakness among the Northerners arises or if Sansa tries to take power for herself, if she's ever tempted at least. 

Awww Stark babies <3 Both Jon and Arya are styled so much like Ned, if there's symbolism I'd guess it's that they're very Stark-ish and are following in their father's footsteps in protecting the North and rejecting Southern ways. 

2 hours ago, DutchArya said:

What will their reunion be like:

https://i.redd.it/b8vy6p0f13fz.gif

If we see a re-union of Arya and Jon I have a few predictions.  I say if because this story has a history of killing off Starks before they can reunite with Jon.  Ned was killed before he could tell Jon who his mother was.  Rob was killed before he could declare Jon a Stark and not a Snow.  I'd actually be surprised if he meets Bran before the end of this series.

1) Jon will see needle and immediately come to the conclusion that Arya knows how to use it.  No one survives in westerns with a sword unless they know how to use it.  This is will make him proud and reserved at the same time.

2) Jon will speak with Sansa to update her about the current state of westeros after the re-union.  This will either make Arya jealous of Sansa or it will give her reason to trust her.  (If Jon trusts her than I can as well)

3) Every interaction that Arya has we see her put down more of her assassin like demeanor and act a little bit more like the girl.  I think that after she meets Jon she will drop her guard even more.

4) Who knows how Bran will react to all of this... He has become un-predictable at this point.

8 hours ago, DutchArya said:

I know. Why do you think they are so closely styled similar? Sophie said they do it deliberately to show who character is inspired by and projecting. Which suggests to me that Arya will be doing more to support Jon's cause in the North when the inevitable weakness among the Northerners arises or if Sansa tries to take power for herself, if she's ever tempted at least. 

Oohh I don't  know. Now I will say that  I am not a Sansa fan at all. But I don't  think she will make a mad grab for power.  Do I think she learned some  unsavory traits from ALL of her past captors? Absolutely. She has learnred to be very deceptive and self serving for her own cause. She's  learned to lie for self preservation. Manipulation is her sword. 

As for Arya maybe she is channeling Jon. She's  a fighter and warrior in her own right. So yeah her and Jon have always been close plus he gave her the  sword that kept her ties to who she really was. He was her constant inspiration.

She's skilled in combat and lie detection  i would like to believe that since they showed her lie detection and her ability  to lie training in the show it will come in handy in later episodes. So if Sansa or anyone else wants to be duplicitious  to Arya or Jon they better watch out...ARYA AINT HAVIN IT

Sansa was always least like Ned of the Stark children. She has been scheming, BoB's and in front of the lords of the North undermining him. She is playing the game. Although not disloyal to jon etc she definitely wants to be on a throne or leader of a great house. Bran will have see all this, He knows she is still more interested in power than the NK. Arya and Jon dress and act like Ned. Sansa is more a lady of the South, hence the almost lack of thrust. So the non-hug was very deliberate. When it comes down to it later if Sansa sees a shot at the throne at the expense of the others she will take it. After all she learned from Cersei and LF. Jon even said she sounded like she admired Cersei. From the beginning she liked her lemon cakes and was excited to be Jofferys bride, queen of the 7 kingdoms. Until it all went pear shaped. Whats changed she has learned to scheme and become hardened.

People may need to rewatch Bran and Sansa's reunion.  Due to the angle of the shot, Sansa's cloak, and limited view we can only see their heads and maybe a shoulder.  

There's no reason to think that he didn't return her hug just because we didn't see his hand.  Granted, his very blank face definitely implies that maybe he didn't... but other than that I think people are just reading too much into it. 

Just now, AryaUnderfoot33 said:

Awww Stark babies <3 Both Jon and Arya are styled so much like Ned, if there's symbolism I'd guess it's that they're very Stark-ish and are following in their father's footsteps in protecting the North and rejecting Southern ways. 

I completely agree with that

Archived