Who kills the Night King

Somemightsay

Warning for spoilers up to the last ep. Spoils of War

Who kills The Night King?
I only got one name on my mind. Arya!
She can have green, brown, grey AND clear blue eyes. Right? Right! She now got 2 names on hear deathlist that she wanna kill with all her heart. But Jamie will take his sisters life and hopufully is Sandor Clegane gonna take care of The Mountain ( Cleganebowl! ). So now what? What is she gonna do with all her great magical powers? Changing faces and everything. Weeell beacuse there is gonna be two new names on the list, first out Littlefinger. The Three Eyed Raven is gonna tell that Lord Baelish was behind their Fathers prisoning and the sisters gonna get revenge when they together murder Littlefinger. The boy Brandon Stark who now lives in The Three Eyed Raven gets revenge for his father too. The North remembers!
Then Arya gets her most terrifying and powerful enemy on the list. Thats right. The Night King! She is gonna pretend to be a dead girl, sneak up behind The Night King and stick her Valyrean Steel Dagger right trough his icecold heart. Yes, with the same dagger that she got from The Three Eyed Raven ( Brandon ). Thats why she has become a killer fighter with magical powers! The Night King wont know whats coming!

What does all the fans out there think about that theory?

I've heard this theory before and it's a good one, but I don't see Arya's arc going that way.  I actually think she'll have something happen to her that makes her realize "hey, being focused on vengeance and murder is really unhealthy" and that she'll either be queen of westeros alongside Gendry, doing it for the people, or that she'll sail off to west of westeros.

It may be that Jon kills the Night King himself, but if that's the case I don't believe his death will necessarily signal that the white walkers are absolutely defeated.  I'm looking at Jaime Lannister to execute some sort of suicide mission to save the realm by taking out the last of the white walkers.  The things he does for love, this time for love of the goodness in others, for love of humanity and the realm.

Bran absolutely will have a key role in the defeat of the Night King (his entire arc has been building to it). However, he wont be wielding the weapon that kills the NK. That will almost certainly be Jon (small chance it could be Arya with the dagger).

Bran will be instrumental in either distracting/diverting the attention of the NK with his powers to provide Jon an opening and/or will provide the knowledge and power needed to weaken the NK defences and destroy him.

With how Hollywood GoT now is, wouldn't even surprise me if they made the connection between Bran and Night King somewhat similar to that of Harry Potter and Lord Voldemort.

I find it hard believe, the Night King can detect Bran easily through his green walking. Yet he won't be able to see through the glamour of Arya disguised in the army of the dead. The Night King is a very observant and alert individual Arya or no one else for that matter will be able to sneak up on him. Because if the Night King has all the powers of a Green Seer and then some enhanced he will be able to perceive that.

7 minutes ago, pinoyathletics said:

I find it hard believe, the Night King can detect Bran easily through his green walking. Yet he won't be able to see through the glamour of Arya disguised in the army of the dead. The Night King is a very observant and alert individual Arya or no one else for that matter will be able to sneak up on him. Because if the Night King has all the powers of a Green Seer and then some enhanced he will be able to perceive that.

I agree. I dont think the Faceless Man act will work on the White Walkers in general, let alone Night King himself.

Arya may have a role in the NK defeat, but it wont be by wearing the face of a WW or anything like that.

On 8/7/2017 at 7:09 AM, Somemightsay said:

Warning for spoilers up to the last ep. Spoils of War

Who kills The Night King?
I only got one name on my mind. Arya!
She can have green, brown, grey AND clear blue eyes. Right? Right! She now got 2 names on hear deathlist that she wanna kill with all her heart. But Jamie will take his sisters life and hopufully is Sandor Clegane gonna take care of The Mountain ( Cleganebowl! ). So now what? What is she gonna do with all her great magical powers? Changing faces and everything. Weeell beacuse there is gonna be two new names on the list, first out Littlefinger. The Three Eyed Raven is gonna tell that Lord Baelish was behind their Fathers prisoning and the sisters gonna get revenge when they together murder Littlefinger. The boy Brandon Stark who now lives in The Three Eyed Raven gets revenge for his father too. The North remembers!
Then Arya gets her most terrifying and powerful enemy on the list. Thats right. The Night King! She is gonna pretend to be a dead girl, sneak up behind The Night King and stick her Valyrean Steel Dagger right trough his icecold heart. Yes, with the same dagger that she got from The Three Eyed Raven ( Brandon ). Thats why she has become a killer fighter with magical powers! The Night King wont know whats coming!

What does all the fans out there think about that theory?

I like this thoery. I agree the hero to kill the night king will be somebody unexpected like Arya. She just proved she is a major fighter and possibly the best. 

I don't think the Night King will be killed, but will be pacified in some way that balances both ice and fire. If the Night King is the "big bad guy" and the story is about "good vanquishing evil" then Martin makes some contradictory comments about his story.

9 hours ago, John Meta said:

I don't think the Night King will be killed, but will be pacified in some way that balances both ice and fire. If the Night King is the "big bad guy" and the story is about "good vanquishing evil" then Martin makes some contradictory comments about his story.

I'm in this camp aswell. Actually I think the peace with the Night King will be acquired the same way all peace treaties in Westeros are acquired - through marriage. Night King will get her Night Queen. And who in the story has a history of taming violent men? Daenerys.

I think the clues are all over the place. Dany's entire arc started with a marriage with Khal Drogo, a known barbarian. Moreso, Dany will give Jon Snow a full-blown Targaryen baby, whom I believe will inherit the iron throne. Daenerys will tame the Night King and end the war as long as there is a Targ on the throne. Again, let's see how Dany tamed Khal Drogo: through her child. This will also be in line with the description of Yi Ti where Maiden made of light got pregnant by Lion of Night (Night King) and their child and his children ruled Yi Ti for thousands of years. But when a little brother killed the ruling sister, Maiden made of light turned her back on mankind due to this blood betrayal and Lion of Night unleashed his fury on the world causing the Long Night. The story of ice and fire too started with the Targs being killed off.

Dany is also Nissa Nissa (Mhysa Mhysa) since her child is Lightbringer. Her child will end the war since the Night Queen Dany wishes to protect him. In a way Dany accomplishes to conquer the world since she not only rules Essos and Westeros but also the Lands of always winter. Too bad she will become a white walker in the process.

9 hours ago, MakeThemBurn said:

I'm in this camp aswell. Actually I think the peace with the Night King will be acquired the same way all peace treaties in Westeros are acquired - through marriage. Night King will get her Night Queen. And who in the story has a history of taming violent men? Daenerys.

I think the clues are all over the place. Dany's entire arc started with a marriage with Khal Drogo, a known barbarian. Moreso, Dany will give Jon Snow a full-blown Targaryen baby, whom I believe will inherit the iron throne. Daenerys will tame the Night King and end the war as long as there is a Targ on the throne. Again, let's see how Dany tamed Khal Drogo: through her child. This will also be in line with the description of Yi Ti where Maiden made of light got pregnant by Lion of Night (Night King) and their child and his children ruled Yi Ti for thousands of years. But when a little brother killed the ruling sister, Maiden made of light turned her back on mankind due to this blood betrayal and Lion of Night unleashed his fury on the world causing the Long Night. The story of ice and fire too started with the Targs being killed off.

Dany is also Nissa Nissa (Mhysa Mhysa) since her child is Lightbringer. Her child will end the war since the Night Queen Dany wishes to protect him. In a way Dany accomplishes to conquer the world since she not only rules Essos and Westeros but also the Lands of always winter. Too bad she will become a white walker in the process.

Yeah if we were betting, most of my money would go on that theory; quite a bit seeming to point to that conclusion. Gives Dany's remark "I was born to rule" a rather bittersweet meaning in restrospect. And correct me if I'm wrong, but a thought was in my mind: we see the Night King leaving the "pinwheel spiral" symbol; does the marriage tree in Winterfell have that same pattern around it? I seem to recall a video which showed a weirwood tree with the pinwheel spiral pattern.

9 hours ago, MakeThemBurn said:

I'm in the camp that believes tPtwP and Nissa nissa are both dead and gone and Lightbringer has already been "forged."

12 minutes ago, Illiterati said:

I'm in the camp that believes tPtwP and Nissa nissa are both dead and gone and Lightbringer has already been "forged."

Hey, cool.  Im in that camp too.  I'm also pretty sure that Lightbringer knows nothing.  

Aw man... I think I already did this same lame joke in another reply to you on a different thread.   :(

2 minutes ago, Lurid Jester said:

Hey, cool.  Im in that camp too.  I'm also pretty sure that Lightbringer knows nothing.  

Aw man... I think I already did this same lame joke in another reply to you on a different thread.   :(

Yup.  We're getting as repetitious as D&D

Archived