Littlefinger

I suppose that he will continue trying to influence Sansa and to turn her against her siblings, especially Arya and Jon.

20 hours ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

Just think of how this will play out in the books.  In the show Littlefinger's greatest blunder is giving Sansa to Roose.  This doesn't happen in the books and the only thing that may have Sansa looking sideways at LF is when he pushes Lysa out of the moon door.   

This!! I'm very curious about his and Sansa's story in the books.

And about Lysa's murder - Sansa doesn't even really consider it a crime in the books, she sees LF as her hero and her savior.

I think he'll try to drive a wedge between Sansa and the rest of the remaining family. They don't do things "for nothing" on this show (usually), so Bran giving the knife to Arya is probably part of a self-fulfilling prophecy in killing LF...and it will likely be done in a way that has a profound impact.

The bigger question for me is will Sansa betray her siblings?  She has now been surpassed by all three in terms of their capabilities, and the look she gave Arya after the sparring session in the last episode wasn't love or pride or respect.  She actively undermined Jon in front of his bannermen, and I think she fears Bran.  And if she does, how will Arya respond?

It will be interesting to see how this plays out, so many possibilities.

3 hours ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

Killing Bran is not an option, how would that serve to do him any good at all? 

Like I said, if Bran can have a vision about the "chaos ladder" speech that LF gave to Viserys way back when, then he can also see all the other secrets that Littlefinger is keeping: the Arryn murder, the lie to Catelyn about the knife, his betrayal of Ned... Virtually everything bad that has befallen House Stark and the realm itself. Therefore, from LF's POV, Bran has to go before he can bring all of this to light.

I would imagine LF is not that stupid to try kill Bran. 

Well, he has no choice. If Bran spills the beans, it's game-over for LF. But it's also unlikely that he will succeed, so either way, it looks like game over for LF, finally. But you never know...

Lysa never directly says she killed Jon Arryn, she only says that she killed and lied for LF. Even if she put two and two together somehow and figured it out, what is she meant to say. ''O by the way before LF pushed Lysa Arryn through the moon door, she said Petyr persuaded her to kill Jon Arryn''. When questioned by Lord Royce about Lysa death,  I lied to save LF for no reason really. 

I can't remember exactly what was said in that scene. But again, if Bran has a vision and Sansa then retrieves the relevant message from Maester Lewin's stash, she has all the evidence she needs to snick his head off -- something I'm sure Bronze Yohn would not object to.

18 hours ago, FullingimL said:

Sansa, Bran, Arya and Littlefinger standing in the courtyard.

LF's skeezy, lying, forked tongue flapping in the breeze. 

Sansa looks at Arya and rolls her eyes. Arya whips out Valyrian sword and slits LF's throat. 

Arya pulls out little black book out of back pocket, scans list. Realizes LF isn't on it. Pulls out quill. Adds LF's name. 

Crosses LF off list. 

Bran's eyes go white. Tells Sansa and Arya that cookies just came out of the oven in the great hall. 

Three head into the great hall for cookies and Dornish wine while LF bleeds out in the snow. 

This!! is!! Great!!!!

On 8/7/2017 at 8:24 AM, daemonTheBlack said:

So it seems our favorite Lord Protector of the Vale is overawed by the talents of the three Starks, and is no longer sure which wolf he must suck up to.

What do you guys think his next move(s) will be?

I don't even know lol.  Has he made a move yet this season besides making googly eyes at Sansa?  The show doesn't seem to have much use for him (or Varys) anymore as time runs out for complex scheming to take place.  I see him sticking around, maybe making one more play for Sansa, and then being killed by some combo of Sansa/Arya/Bran for his past treachery.

Well it seems inevitable that he will die this season.

Spoiler

Also confirmed by the plot leaks.

He is the malevolent architect of the War of the Five Kings. He betrayed our boy Ned Stark, has caused the deaths of hundreds of thousands, and the extinction of dozens of great houses, gave prostitutes to psychopaths for torture, gave Sansa to Ramsay without proper research, and no doubt performed countless other misdeeds.

However he also killed Joffrey in a most brutal satisfactory way, technically rescued Sansa twice and taught her how to play "the game", restored the North to the Starks, and brought to their side the greatest undiminished heavy cavalry force remaining in Westeros.

In any case I will still be sad to see him go. He was a brilliant character.

And strangely, at least for the first half of this season, he has been pitiful. His rescue of the north has gone totally unacknowledged. He is despised by his general Bronze Yohn, and he has been constantly brushed off by the Lady of Winterfell, and nearly got choked to death by the King in the North, both of whom would have died a slow torturous death if not for Little Finger. He is truly a innocuous little mockingbird caught between the wolves.

I hope he does something really despicable in the coming episodes so that we of short-term memory feel some immediate sense of justice in his demise. At least we should get a visceral recap of his crimes through Bran. Else I am in danger of finding his death tragic.

“Don’t fight in the North or the South. Fight every battle everywhere, always, in your mind. Everyone is your enemy, everyone is your friend. Every possible series of events is happening all at once. Live that way and nothing will surprise you. Everything that happens will be something that you’ve seen before.”

Littlefinger would try to manipulate everyone and anyone he could to secure his position whoever ends up to be in charge. He has a grudge against the Starks and preferentially he may want to help Sansa if it is possible for him (Cathlyn Tully 2.0) but Littlefinger cares about Littlefinger first and he will put his survival and his ambitions above anything else.

8 hours ago, Blueroses said:

“Don’t fight in the North or the South. Fight every battle everywhere, always, in your mind. Everyone is your enemy, everyone is your friend. Every possible series of events is happening all at once. Live that way and nothing will surprise you. Everything that happens will be something that you’ve seen before.”

Littlefinger would try to manipulate everyone and anyone he could to secure his position whoever ends up to be in charge. He has a grudge against the Starks and preferentially he may want to help Sansa if it is possible for him (Cathlyn Tully 2.0) but Littlefinger cares about Littlefinger first and he will put his survival and his ambitions above anything else.

Despite LF's pompous for-the-trailer speech he's not half as good as he believes he is girding himself  for any possible event. So far his Big Scheme of Things underestimated or plainly dismissed the Great Other, Jon, Danny, Bran, Arya, and I'd say Sansa, Brienne and the Vale Lords too. And he should follow Cersei and the Iron Bank on instagram, he's missing this too. He's unaware of things or being caught off guard constantly!

I agree he will try to leech off and manipulate everybody in his way, but to be honest, he has not a very impressive record as Evil Mastermind. I expect him to try to make the wolves fight each other and fail pathetically. As others said, his ways do not work in the current situation. RIP LF. 

28 minutes ago, flying mosquito said:

RIP LF. 

Is it weird if I'd prefer to say Don't RIP LF ? 

PS: I also agree that LF is not as smart as he thinks he is and that he will find himself surrounded by a lot of players he won't manage to manipulate...

12 hours ago, Blueroses said:

He tells this to Sansa because he knows she no longer trusts him, and does not want her to trust her family. It is a last attempt to put awful thoughts in Sansa's head to keep the games going. Creating Chaos in the north. Trying to make Sansa question everyone around her in her mind and their motives. Sansa is a mentally strong character. Has learned to play the game to survive. Has allowed littlefinger to manipulate her and has joined being a part of his manipulations unknowingly, and sometimes knowingly. Like getting married to the Bolton.  If she falls for this, it will be hard for her to really bond with her family. 

Maybe when littlefinger is killed she will be made the protector of the Vale. This will give her a powerful position, and they can keep the Vale fighting for the north. But the chosen one of the protector of the Vale will go to Yohn Royce. Who will still fight for the north. 

Archived