Mad Queen Starting? Daenerys Threatening The North in the Preview

Iron Mother

3 minutes ago, Pandean said:

Join or die isn't much of a choice....

Everybody has a choice. And I feel no sympathy for the Tarly's who made a choice to betray House Tyrell and thus betray House Targaryen. they should be happy that Dany is given them a choice at all rather than just roasting their ass right away.

32 minutes ago, Pandean said:

When the Turkish invaded my country Cyprus, I don't think the people had a choice...Neither the Greek-Cypriots nor the Turkish-Cypriots had a choice at all.. And that was only 43 years ago...

11 minutes ago, Dany's Golden Fleece said:

Out of interest what do you think would have happened if Karstark and Umber had not bowed to Jon? Jon would say "Ah fair enough." LOL

They were other lords too who denied to help him and once he managed with the help of the Vale take Winterfell came to join him and declare him king..(masterly,glover,karstark...) If they didn't what you Jon did?

2 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

After Cersei did what aerys only threatened to do and blew up a chunk of KL with wild fire, then proceeded to chain parent and child just out of each other's reach while one watches the other die, we are STILL talking about how Daenerys is the mad queen? 

Everyone knows Cersei is an evil and sadistic monster already. Dany is still presented as a heroine when she's clearly not. 

58 minutes ago, Dany's Golden Fleece said:

Out of interest what do you think would have happened if Karstark and Umber had not bowed to Jon? Jon would say "Ah fair enough." LOL

Jon is not the one who boasts about breaking the wheel of great lords who crush the "people on the ground." That was Dany. Dany claimed to be the one who would come to Westeros and stop the suffering that the people must endure when the great houses fight. Now she's content with burning an entire city's populace. Like I said this is either bad writing and characterization (which is entirely possible) or the first signs of madness and of a queen who has grown power hungry and mad. 

2 hours ago, Nic. said:

Technically Cersei blowing the sept of baelor is a lot worse than her getting poetic justice for the murder of her own daughter. And yes, crucifying 163 slave owners whose guilt she knows little of when it comes to the crucified children or  the burning of a man alive who could of very well have have been innocent is pretty ****** up. She may not be as mad as Cersei is currently or as Mad as her father was before he died but she is well on her way there.  Her father was definitely far more sane than her at the same age. Also let's not ignore the fact that if it wasn't for Jon's advice, KL would be a funeral pyre by now. 

Okay, touché. I can't really argue with that. Daenerys does go rather overboard in her ideas of justice. 

I don't know. Cersei is the one pulling the mad king stunts, but admittedly Daenerys is totally up there when it comes to mindlessly serving justice. 

I don't really see Mad Queen Daenerys as an ending for her character though. And I'm not saying it because I'm a Daenerys fan, which I'm not even really. It's just such a lame and clumsy cliche. The mad king's daughter who starts off as a damsel in distress and becomes a mad queen... and the show can't write the psychological downfall of a character. Look at Arya... I still think the best way to come out of the current situation with a semi-original solution is for Daenerys to die in the final battle.  

15 minutes ago, Snormund said:

Everyone knows Cersei is an evil and sadistic monster already. Dany is still presented as a heroine when she's clearly not. 

Exactly. People always say 'What about Cersei?' What about Cersei? Isn't Cersei obvious? Cersei's madness doesn't make Dany sane and reasonable

Also we must remember, the same season Cersei sent the Sept up in flames. Dany did the same in Vaes Dothrak to the temple of the Dosh Khaleen.

1 hour ago, Snormund said:

She is being presented as a heroine because she is a heroine. Albeit a heroine with very dark shades of gray. 

1 hour ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

I'm just tired of her Apollo Creed introduction with the 50 nicknames.  It doesn't make sense to me how Dany is all the sudden a bad guy for roasting an army that just killed her allies but no issues with Cersei going Aerys.  What the hell is going on here?

Oh I think that so far cersei is truly the mad queen. Dany using her dragons against an enemy army is smart not stupid or evil.

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

She is being presented as a heroine because she is a heroine. Albeit a heroine with very dark shades of gray. 

Dany was heroic in her actions to free the slaves in Essos, but that is not enough to make her a heroine.  She has done some monstrous things as well, and relies on fear of her dragons to convince people when they don't agree with her.  She is just as power obsessed as Cersei is and is well on her way to becoming a mad queen.  However, that fact that Tyrion and Jon have been able to talk her out of doing things that would hurt thousands of innocent people demonstrates that she does have good in her and the potential for redemption.  At this point I think her character could go either way, but I think ultimately the good in her will win out (whether she wins the IT or not).

Cersei, on the other hand, is evil and sadistic and has not a drop of good in her blood.  She is definitely mad, and there can only be one end for her story.

3 minutes ago, snow is the man said:

Oh I think that so far cersei is truly the mad queen. Dany using her dragons against an enemy army is smart not stupid or evil.

Yes, using  her dragons in warfare is not at all the same as torching cities full of innocents.  Fire has been a weapon in the real world for centuries.

And as far as Dany telling the surviving Lannister troops to join or die, that's more of a choice than I think soldiers have been given in our history.  I think it's usually die or be taken prisoner.

4 hours ago, El Guapo said:

There is only one Mad Queen in this story and her name is Cersei. For chrissakes they even had her getting aroused at the torture of Ellaria so much so that she ahd to have sex with Jamie.  There was another monarch who did that his name was Aerys.  She also poisoned a young woman to die in front of her mother and chaining her up so that the mother couldn't touch her to try and save her.  I seem to recall another monarch doing something similar to a father and son.

her vengence against the sandsnakes was brutal but it doesn't register on her list of horrible things since they did kill her daughter and obviously show no regret for it. Now her getting turned on by it is twisted and like aery's

4 hours ago, Pandean said:

Well it depends on what she is actually saying. If she is saying swear an oath and join my army it is a bit much. If she is saying surrender swear you will not take up arms against me and aknowledge me as your queen and not cersei then it makes sense since one if they don't do that then they are still fighting against her.

4 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

After Cersei did what aerys only threatened to do and blew up a chunk of KL with wild fire, then proceeded to chain parent and child just out of each other's reach while one watches the other die, we are STILL talking about how Daenerys is the mad queen? 

aerya's didn't threaten to do it he had actually ordered it but jaime stopped him. If jaime hadn't have killed the pyromancer and aery's it would have been done.  And I think that people seem to be overstating her vengence against the sand snakes and their mom who killed her daughter who had done nothing wrong. Cersei is completly mad that is undeniable and I am not saying she is not. She essentially had margery and her brother tortured and imprisoned because she didn't like them. She has emotional abused tyrion since before he could remember and done so many horrible things it is insane. I just don't see how her getting her brutal vengence on the scale since it was justified unlike most of the other stuff. Dany is starting to walk a dark edge but she is a long way from being cersei. Though I think they are gonna make her become mad and started it last season since her thing with danario where she said she felt nothing while she broke up with him after they were so close seems a bit dark

23 minutes ago, SansaJonRule said:

Dany was heroic in her actions to free the slaves in Essos, but that is not enough to make her a heroine.  She has done some monstrous things as well, and relies on fear of her dragons to convince people when they don't agree with her.  She is just as power obsessed as Cersei is and is well on her way to becoming a mad queen.  However, that fact that Tyrion and Jon have been able to talk her out of doing things that would hurt thousands of innocent people demonstrates that she does have good in her and the potential for redemption.  At this point I think her character could go either way, but I think ultimately the good in her will win out (whether she wins the IT or not).

Cersei, on the other hand, is evil and sadistic and has not a drop of good in her blood.  She is definitely mad, and there can only be one end for her story.

As I said. She is a heroine with very dark shades of gray.

And no she is no where close to being on her way to becoming a mad queen.

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

Being better than Cersei doesn't make you a heroine. Neither does having good intentions or thinking you are doing things that will ultimately help save the most people. Or else Melisandre would be a heroine and no one considers her to be that. Dany just has good publicity in universe and out. 

I would actually be ok with Dany acting like this, if she and her followers or even the show did not claim she was different. I really liked Dany at the beginning but now, she just seems like a hypocrite. 

But, I highly doubt that she will go mad, cause you know its Dany. She has a huge fan base. And I don't like the show teasing us that she's going mad. It would have been better if she landed in Dorne, Storm's End, or Riverlands to try and gather support by doing good deeds or making promises for better things rather than going on attack mode immediately.

Archived