PREDICTIONS

Iron Mother

6 hours ago, Dragons dance with Wolves said:

That scene would indicate to me he suspects Tyrion isn't his, but because the perception of public is that he is his son, he dresses him with Lannister red, despite his hatred. And to a certain extent, perception becomes reality, at least in public. 

I think in the books this theory has a place but in the show the ship has sailed and this theory is closed

This is more of a wish than a prediction. I would really really love to see Arya and Lyanna Mormont in a scene that ends with Arya shutting Lyanna Mormont down. Yes, lady Mormont I remember being a sassy 10 year old too, I knew so much about life too. Now sit your ass down and let the grown ups speak. I wish Olenna had met that kid. 

2 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

This is more of a wish than a prediction. I would really really love to see Arya and Lyanna Mormont in a scene that ends with Arya shutting Lyanna Mormont down. Yes, lady Mormont I remember being a sassy 10 year old too, I knew so much about life too. Now sit your ass down and let the grown ups speak. I wish Olenna had met that kid. 

Yeah.. I wish we saw Ollena meeting Lyanna...

On 8/10/2017 at 11:15 AM, LyrnaSnowBunnyAvenger said:

This made me crack up.  No way are they killing of Jaime that way. 

Random prediction, mostly based on wishful thinking, the most elusive of mythical beasts - Howland Reed - finally shows the fuck up.  Confirms Jon's parentage (which Bran already said, but couldn't prove because he's just some weird kid who claims to have visions) WITH Robb's will.  Jon is now confirmed as Lord of Winterfell and a legitimate Targ (R&L were married).  

Yeah, I'm a Jon fan.  Or a fan of the north to be more precise. 

This would be pretty sweet.

On 8/10/2017 at 9:28 PM, SansaJonRule said:

I have seen Jon's mistakes called out left and right, don't know how you haven't.  I don't know about other people, but I like Jon because of his personal characteristics, not because he's a bastard.  Incidentally, you say his life was pretty comfortable - why, because he grew up in a castle?  He grew up with a woman who HATED him, with a family where he was never equal with his siblings because he was a bastard.  You don't seem to realize just how bad it was to live with that stigma (we live in a time when it doesn't matter anymore).  It was a great shame, especially among nobles.  And then he goes to join the NW in the frozen tundra of the north.  Yeah, real comfortable.

Anyway, I used to like Dany, when she was young, sweet and caring.  Her desire to free the slaves was very noble, but since then she has become more and more consumed with her supposed  "right" to rule the 7 Kingdoms.  She enjoys burning her enemies.  She has become arrogant, power hungry and rash.  That's why people hate her.  She is no longer noble, but she hasn't lost her tender heart altogether or Tyrion and Jon wouldn't be able to talk her out of burning cities of innocent people over and over.  So I think she will come back around.  Perhaps it will be Jorah who is able to finally show her how she has changed.

Jon, on the other hand, has remained pretty true to his character from the beginning.  He has overcome a lot of his failings and is better at learning from his mistakes than Dany is.  I am sure he would have derived great satisfaction from killing those who hurt his family (Ramsey, Joffrey, Theon), but aside from that he didn't even enjoy killing the NW men who betrayed him.  He wanted to be a leader among the NW.  He is humble, for the most part and doesn't want to be a king.  He just wants to protect his people. 

If fans are harder on Dany, I think it is because it is harder to forgive an arrogant person for their mistakes.

I find it a bit unusual that many fans seem to lack the ability to root for them both. It is possible to have them both "win" the game.

On 8/10/2017 at 9:53 PM, SansaJonRule said:

I agree and suggested in an earlier post that it will take Jorah to make Dany realize how much she has changed.  He was her first Westerosi supporter, and the one who told her she had a gentle heart.  That's what I'm hoping for anyway!

Something has to. I thought Jon's response to her question on tactics last episode was perfect!

On 8/10/2017 at 10:57 PM, Lurid Jester said:

I'm only sort of reading this thread because I've already been burned by a "prediction" elsewhere that turned out to be an actual summary of an episode someone saw prior to release.  

I will, however, offer some predictions.

Theon will save Yara, mirroring her attempt to save him. Euronext is likely doing bad things to her. In the course of the rescue he will somewhatnredeem himself and finally come into his own. When Euron falls, Theon will take control of the Iron Fleet. 

Ghost won't be seen. 

...  yeah, that's all I've got. :)

Christ sakes, there has to be some reason to keep Then/reek around. I couldn't care less about the damned Greyjoy storyline at all. I just dread losing precious minuets to that terrible garbage. #nomoretimeweastedonsandsnakes

11 minutes ago, A man has no name said:

Christ sakes, there has to be some reason to keep Theon/reek around. I couldn't care less about the damned Greyjoy storyline at all. I just dread losing precious minuets to that terrible garbage. #nomoretimeweastedonsandsnakes

Exactly. However Theon's story ends, it has best be f/cking epic. 

My predictions for today's episode, warning: these are gathered from upthread comments, podcasts, and other articles along with some book lore and reading. 

1. Theon/Reek quibble about some disastrous and idiotic plan to rescue Yara #soontobeheniouslytortured Greyjoy. Where are the Manderly ships?

2. Yara is #heniouslytortured

3. Iron bank is paid and departs

4. Cersei distraught over Jamie being MIA

5. Bron and Jamie escape via Tyrion #alannisteralwaysrepayshisdebts 

6. Dany gives the Tarly's the option to "bend the knee" which they refuse. Randyl and DICKon are toasted by a recovering Drogon. What happened to the Tully troops? Dornish troops? The Tyrell troops? and soon to be the Tarly troops? Why haven't they been tossed into the Targaryen lot yet?

7. Jon draws finds more compelling evidence for Dany to persuade her to fight for the north. I think this will have to do with Ryagal (still has yet to display massive importance to the story other than being a nuke#2 of 3).

8. The title of the episode is East watch, so we will obviously see Tormound, but I'll bet we see the BwoB and the Hound cracking off more great one liners #everyfuckingchicken.

9. Gendry returns, bull helmet in tow-possibly anther IT option (If not Jonarys ruling together?). I'll bet he learns how to forge VS weapons. Possibly how to use dragon glass w all weapons.

10. LF does shady shit between "No One Stark" and the "Wardeness of da Norf"

11. Dr. Branhatten has a vision of R+L closed ceremony legitimizing the White Wolf.

12. There has to be some sort of plot depth with Varys coming. Is he the reason the Lannisters have been able to outmaneuver the Targaryen front on all sides?

13. Sam discovers AA prophesy? He has to find out some real info while transcribing the scrolls that were about the be eaten by flesh eating mites!

I hope some of these come true.

2 hours ago, Lurid Jester said:

Exactly. However Theon's story ends, it has best be f/cking epic. 

Dude has been through enough

Disowned by his father. Tortured. Lost his pillar and the stones. Has no honor left.

Only thing left for him is the redemption arc. 

2 hours ago, xjlxking said:

Dude has been through enough

Disowned by his father. Tortured. Lost his pillar and the stones. Has no honor left.

Only thing left for him is the redemption arc. 

He already got a redemption arc. Now he has to be redeemed again. 

5 hours ago, A man has no name said:

Something has to. I thought Jon's response to her question on tactics last episode was perfect!

Couldn't have been more so, and is the reason why I cant understand why a lot of people can't grasp that Dany needs to prove herself before she can expect the northerners to pledge fealty to her.

5 hours ago, A man has no name said:

I find it a bit unusual that many fans seem to lack the ability to root for them both. It is possible to have them both "win" the game.

Agree.  The story was not meant to be a struggle between Starks and Targaryeans, but Starks and Lannisters.  Right now I just want to throttle Dany, but I really believe that she has forgotten who she really is and will be brought around.  If she does, and knows to surround herself with top notch advisors, then I can root for her.

On 08/08/2017 at 7:20 PM, Super Mario said:

Fair enough (btw, I didn't read the hidden comment, just not a big fan of spoilers).

But I always thought dragons were basically attached to 1 rider/human and 1 only. Drogon obviously has Dany. Leaving one of the other 2 dragons for Jon.

Dragons can have many riders but people can only ever ride one dragon. It's in the books. 

Archived