Was the gold still in the caravan when Dany attacked?

RobertF

The gold made it to KL, that's been established. But I'm still hoping that the Iron Bank will turn on Cersei.

It still does not sit well with me that the writers of the show were so sloppy as to not care that the Iron Bank would be unhappy with Cersei's comments about "former slaves," so I'm hoping that Cersei will repay her debt to the Iron Bank expecting them to give her another loan (as Tycho said he would) only to have Tycho take that money and leave Cersei with nothing. No money to pay for sellswords, food for King's Landing or anything else. 

Well, to be fair if you want to give the show the benefit of the doubt (unwarranted as I'm sure it will turn out to be), Cersei blundering about slaves and the Iron Bank emissary seemingly taking it in his stride (while being mightily pissed off "on the inside") is not out of character at all. What would he gain from antagonizing Cersei about something not business related when she's about to provide the biggest payday the Iron Bank has had in a while?

4 minutes ago, Mikkel said:

Well, to be fair if you want to give the show the benefit of the doubt (unwarranted as I'm sure it will turn out to be), Cersei blundering about slaves and the Iron Bank emissary seemingly taking it in his stride (while being mightily pissed off "on the inside") is not out of character at all. What would he gain from antagonizing Cersei about something not business related when she's about to provide the biggest payday the Iron Bank has had in a while?

This was my interpretation of the scene.

God I hope he does this. It will be wonderful to watch Cersei descend further into madness.

(off topic, sorry OP ) What the hell happened to Septon Unella ?

That the gold made it to King's Landing kind of supports my theory the Tyko Nestoris is Jaqem H'ghar.  Why else would they have gone to so much trouble to have them mention that the gold made it before the attack.  Why give Cersei the gold when it would have been so easy to have Dany end up with it?

16 hours ago, valyrian_steel said:

That the gold made it to King's Landing kind of supports my theory the Tyko Nestoris is Jaqem H'ghar.  Why else would they have gone to so much trouble to have them mention that the gold made it before the attack.  Why give Cersei the gold when it would have been so easy to have Dany end up with it?

Ehhh... no it doesn't? They mention that because they then show Dany burninating everything else, and they wanted to make it clear that the gold is still in play.

one more note

People are pointing out a perceived mistake saying Danny burned all of the food.  But she didn't burn all of the food.  Only about 30 wagons of food.  And that is not enough for a people to live on through a long night.  But there is no way that Danny could have known that one of those wagons didn't contain the gold and loot.  So it was a good move on her part to take them out.

Archived