Westeros Football League A

Whiskeyjack

On 12/1/2017 at 6:14 PM, Bronn Stone said:

C'mon Jaime.  If you're going to keep injured Redskin RBs with no chance of playing this year on your roster, you might as well get John Riggins....

I heard he's got half of his college scouting department looking at Brian 'Smash' Williams

On 12/1/2017 at 5:14 PM, Bronn Stone said:

C'mon Jaime.  If you're going to keep injured Redskin RBs with no chance of playing this year on your roster, you might as well get John Riggins....

If AJ Green scores less than 10.5 points tonight, I end the season on a 3 game win streak, and you want me to drop my team's Brian's Song??

13 hours ago, Jaime L said:

If AJ Green scores less than 10.5 points tonight, I end the season on a 3 game win streak, and you want me to drop my team's Brian's Song??

Yeah, it's TD or bust for Green tonight...because, ya never know, but I doubt he'll go for over 100 yards:dunno:

ETA: Well, I certainly wasn't expecting two TDs and 77 yards...in the first half!  Right now, it's lookin' like the Bengals should play the Steelers every week! 

ETA II: Good thing I said "right now".  How quickly things change!  20-20 with 3:44 left:)

9 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Almost picked up Burton this morning to block Dracarys, since he has Ertz.

Looked at the FA and saw Witten was also available, so figured there wasn't much point - he'd have a viable alternative either way.

Going to cost me the game. 

This match is far more up in the air than I expected mostly because of the Burton pick up. I'd say it's about 50:50 at this point.

20 hours ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Almost picked up Burton this morning to block Dracarys, since he has Ertz.

Looked at the FA and saw Witten was also available, so figured there wasn't much point - he'd have a viable alternative either way.

Going to cost me the game. 

Looks like it's going to come down to the wire with Dion Lewis being the decider, so still thinking 50:50 at this point. With me trying to depend on the New England backfield for some kind of consistency.

1 hour ago, Lord Dracarys said:

Looks like it's going to come down to the wire with Dion Lewis being the decider, so still thinking 50:50 at this point. With me trying to depend on the New England backfield for some kind of consistency.

Nah, its not close to 50-50. 

In the last 9 games, Lewis has scored more than the 8 points you need 7 times.  The only exceptions are:

1) Week 5, when he only had 7 carries, so I'm not sure he was actually the starter at that point
2) Week 8 - had 15 carries, so that was his one bad game

I'd say its closer to 25/75 or worse.  I'm basically hoping he fumbles early and gets benched.  Outside of that, there's really no question of his role or consistency.  He's had 10-15 carries in 7 straight games.

Yahoo says 60-40 and I think that's reasonable.  If there is one thing about the Patriots offense, you never know when evil Bill is going to completely change his game plan.  Of course, since I'm facing Brady in Experts, I'm hoping tonight is run, run, run!

3 hours ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Really surprised to end up winning this one.  Kept expecting Lewis to get that final run or catch and take the win.

Congrats on the win! I was little surprised at Lewis's usage during the second half given that he'd been more successful than Burkhead in the first, but such is life. Guess my feeling of uneasiness about my chances was right in the end.

My mistake was certainly slotting Cooper in even though he was coming off two injuries rather than going with my gut and putting in Golladay, but hindsight is 20/20.

59 minutes ago, Lord Dracarys said:

Congrats on the win! I was little surprised at Lewis's usage during the second half given that he'd been more successful than Burkhead in the first, but such is life. Guess my feeling of uneasiness about my chances was right in the end.

My mistake was certainly slotting Cooper in even though he was coming off two injuries rather than going with my gut and putting in Golladay, but hindsight is 20/20.

Thanks man, was a fun matchup.

Good luck in Westeros B this week.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Just going to use last year's thread for this league.  Need to start planning the draft.  Here are our options.

Saturday Aug 18
Sunday Aug 19
Monday Aug 20
Tuesday Aug 21
Wednesday Aug 22
Thursday Aug 23
Friday Aug 24
Saturday Aug 25 (during the day)
Sunday Aug 26
Monday Aug 27
Tuesday Aug 28
Wednesday Aug 29
Thursday Aug 30
Friday Aug 31
Saturday Sept 1
Sunday Sept 2
Monday Sept 3
Tuesday Sept 4
Wednesday Sept 5

I think later is probably better, but included a lot of potential dates to give us choices.  Please post here with a list of the dates that you definitely cannot draft.  You can also list your preferences for a draft date, but the more important thing is to cross off the dates where you can't make it. 

@Mexal
@Jace, Basilissa
@Jaime L
@fuentez1138
@Prince of the North
@Week
@JJ Lannister
@Lord Dracarys
@SpaceForce Tywin et al.

8 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Just going to use last year's thread for this league.  Need to start planning the draft.  Here are our options.

Saturday Aug 18
Sunday Aug 19
Monday Aug 20
Tuesday Aug 21
Wednesday Aug 22
Thursday Aug 23
Friday Aug 24
Saturday Aug 25 (during the day)
Sunday Aug 26
Monday Aug 27
Tuesday Aug 28
Wednesday Aug 29
Thursday Aug 30
Friday Aug 31
Saturday Sept 1
Sunday Sept 2
Monday Sept 3
Tuesday Sept 4
Wednesday Sept 5

I think later is probably better, but included a lot of potential dates to give us choices.  Please post here with a list of the dates that you definitely cannot draft.  You can also list your preferences for a draft date, but the more important thing is to cross off the dates where you can't make it. 

I can essentially do any of the dates, but the weekdays would have to be after 5:30pm (cst) because drafting on the train makes me a very sad man. I am scheduling some thesis stuff, so my availability may change slightly in early September depending on factors outside of my control.

Just now, Prince of the North said:

Thanks for putting together the doodle poll, @Week!  And I agree @Whiskeyjack, the later the better.   

As long as the draft will be in the evening (which I assume it will), I can do any dates but Sept. 4 & 5.  

Yeah, draft would probably be something like 9 eastern, 6 pacific I think.  Only exception is Saturday Aug 25th since I know I have plans that night.  And other weekend dates could also be during the day or night, depending on what works best for people.

Archived