Westeros Football League A

Whiskeyjack

6 hours ago, Week said:

We'll see - I hope so! I was pretty starved for depth after the autodrafting at the end. 

I like Gronk too... 

Sent ya a couple of offers, I'm fine with either one. Though I know which I would leap at if the roles were reversed.

3 minutes ago, JJ Lannister said:

Any you're over valuing the shit out of your bench QB's!:D

Not I, said the Jace. There's a very low energy bidding war going on.

2 hours ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Yeah but I have fucking 5 of them.

Damn I botched the joke. I meant to say TEs, which you also have five of.

2 hours ago, Lord Dracarys said:

I mean if you need a running back I've got running backs. 

I see there's another lecherous person eye humping my beautiful WRs. I'm only interested in names I don't need to Google to know who they are!

2 hours ago, Whiskeyjack said:

@SpaceForce Tywin et al.

Get back to me on the PM I sent you.

Sorry man, thought I already rejected it. It's a marginal improvement in RB for a noticeable loss at WR, and as much as I like Diggs, I can't run both of the Vikings WRs. I am still not a believer in Kirk, and the preseason did nothing to change that. 

20 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

I see there's another lecherous person eye humping my beautiful WRs. I'm only interested in names I don't need to Google to know who they are! 

I mean I know none of my Wide Receivers or Running Backs have quite as fancy of hair as Odell or nearly as many intimate relationships with kicking nets, but I wouldn't hold that against them.

28 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

First trade in this league.

I get Deandre Hopkins.

Fuentez gets Stefon Diggs and Peyton Barber.

Really hard to tell who won that that trade.

I guess only time will tell if they stand the test of time.

1 hour ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Really hard to tell who won that that trade.

I guess only time will tell if they stand the test of time.

Not hard to tell who won that trade. WJ gets the best player by far, and gave up a bench RB for a huge upgrade at WR. Tip of the hat for getting that deal done WJ. 

6 minutes ago, JJ Lannister said:

Not hard to tell who won that trade. WJ gets the best player by far, and gave up a bench RB for a huge upgrade at WR. Tip of the hat for getting that deal done WJ. 

Disagree. I love Hopkins (after saying two years ago I hated him in FF), but he’s relying on a young QB who has suffered two ACL tears. Meanwhile Diggs is on the brink of being a top 10 player, and Kirk has been targeting him like crazy. Plus a starting RB was also nabbed. It’s not so cut and dried.  

1 hour ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Disagree. I love Hopkins (after saying two years ago I hated him in FF), but he’s relying on a young QB who has suffered two ACL tears. Meanwhile Diggs is on the brink of being a top 10 player, and Kirk has been targeting him like crazy. Plus a starting RB was also nabbed. It’s not so cut and dried.  

It sounds like you're a lot higher on Diggs than I am and it all comes down to opinion. I'm down on Cousins this year as well. I think Minnesota is gonna run the hell out of Cook and Murray and rely on their Defense. 

32 minutes ago, JJ Lannister said:

It sounds like you're a lot higher on Diggs than I am and it all comes down to opinion. I'm down on Cousins this year as well. I think Minnesota is gonna run the hell out of Cook and Murray and rely on their Defense. 

Most analysts have Diggs as a top 15 WR, some as high as top 10. I think Diggs will have a big year largely because, as I said before, Cousins is targeting him a lot more than Thielen so far. I think Kirk will have a good year, though I expect Vikings fans will be disappointed because it won’t be as good as they expect and he’ll turn the ball over a lot more than Case did. As far as the run game goes, Cook has me nervous. The sample size was small, but he didn’t look good in week 3, and worse, when Murray went in with the same players he looked good, so it wasn’t the line’s fault. That said, combined they well be just fine, but there is a reason I have passed on Cook twice when I could have gotten him around when he was projected to go. The defense will be great again though. We’ve upgraded at one position, kept all the other starters and added some awesome depth.  

50 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Most analysts have Diggs as a top 15 WR, some as high as top 10. I think Diggs will have a big year largely because, as I said before, Cousins is targeting him a lot more than Thielen so far. I think Kirk will have a good year, though I expect Vikings fans will be disappointed because it won’t be as good as they expect and he’ll turn the ball over a lot more than Case did. As far as the run game goes, Cook has me nervous. The sample size was small, but he didn’t look good in week 3, and worse, when Murray went in with the same players he looked good, so it wasn’t the line’s fault. That said, combined they well be just fine, but there is a reason I have passed on Cook twice when I could have gotten him around when he was projected to go. The defense will be great again though. We’ve upgraded at one position, kept all the other starters and added some awesome depth.  

You said "WE" in your last post. It all makes sense now! You're a Vikings fan. Of course you're high on Diggs! :P

I basically did the trade for the starting RB. Not sure if Barber will be any good or last as the starting RB but TB's other RBs don't look all that great right now. I think Hopkins is awesome but I think Diggs will be awesome too. Just came down to I was hurting at RB and the drop off at WR wasn't too bad in getting Diggs plus a starting RB. 

5 minutes ago, JJ Lannister said:

:D Thanks Jace. 

I am now completely stacked at TE. Gronk, Rudolph, and Olsen. All can be had. Send me some offers. 

Yeah, I meant to offer you Mariota instead of Luck.

Ooops!

Anyway, good Luck. You're gonna need it. :P

51 minutes ago, JJ Lannister said:

You said "WE" in your last post. It all makes sense now! You're a Vikings fan. Of course you're high on Diggs! :P

Well obviously my fandom makes me bias, but Diggs is great man. He was a five star, top10 recruit who was amazing his freshman year. He averaged like 175 all-purpose yards per game, and that was weighed down by not playing a lot the first few weeks. He just bite by the injury bug during his sophomore and junior seasons, so he fell to the fifth round in the draft. But if you look at his combine measurements, he is better in every way then……Antonio Brown, plus he’s a little taller and his best selling point was his route running abilities. It’s not a surprised that he’s emerged as a top 10ish player, and he’s only 24. If he can stay healthy, he could become one of the elite WRs in the game.

One funny aside, Bradford, Case and now Kirk have all said the same thing. Five minutes into camp they all went, “Oh, so I need to throw the ball to him.” I mean, how many guys could have made that catch and run verse the Saints?

9 minutes ago, JJ Lannister said:

I am now completely stacked at TE. Gronk, Rudolph, and Olsen. All can be had. Send me some offers. 

We’ll talk on the morrow!  

22 hours ago, JJ Lannister said:

Ditto to WJ. Offers will be on the way.. 

Archived