Westeros Football League A

Whiskeyjack

6 hours ago, Whiskeyjack said:

You guys are going to watch it during the draft?  I'm definitely recording it and watching after we're done.

Anybody who spoils anything forfeits their best player.

6 hours ago, Mexal said:

My relationship with my wife is much more important than the draft ;)

People watch that dreck?

1 hour ago, JJ Lannister said:

Gonna be an interesting draft tomorrow. Just got released from the hospital. Emergency surgery to remove my gall bladder. Gonna be all doped up. Can't wait to see what my team looks like. Ahahahaha!

Fuck man, glad to hear you're ok.

1 hour ago, JJ Lannister said:

Gonna be an interesting draft tomorrow. Just got released from the hospital. Emergency surgery to remove my gall bladder. Gonna be all doped up. Can't wait to see what my team looks like. Ahahahaha!

Wow that sucks.  Hope everything is alright now.

We'll take it easy on you tomorrow.*

(*may or may not actually be true)

2 hours ago, JJ Lannister said:

:stunned: Seriously, get well soon.  All the best to you from here on out.  Also, you do realize. this probably means you'll draft a kick-ass team:D

Think I like my team.  Probably not as good as what I have in Westeros B, but still feels solid. 

QB - D.Prescott, C.Palmer (D.Kizer, B.Hoyer)
RB - L.Bell, M.Gordon, K.Hunt (R.Burkhead, T.Rawls, C.Carson, D.Woodhead, C.West)
WR - A.Jeffery, D.Thomas, S.Diggs, C.Coleman (T.Williams, D.Moncrief, P.Garcon)
TE - R.Gronkowski

K - M.Bryant
DEF - Pittsburgh

My RB and TE are really strong.  And QB and WR are probably a step below what I'd normally want.  That said - not as bad as what I was expecting after getting Bell + Gordon early.  Like I said in the draft, was just bidding up Gordon, so didn't see that coming, and it threw me off. 

Probably hurt me in the middle rounds, when I could have picked up better WR and QB2 on good deals.  But Palmer has a good schedule this year, so maybe he ends up being okay.  And while there were other guys I wanted at WR (especially WR2), at least I ended up with 7 guys who I'd feel okay about starting.  In past years, I've had teams with really weak spots at a place like WR4, and I don't feel that way about this team.

QB - Winston, Dalton (Smith)
RB - McCoy, Cook, Martin (Blount, Rodgers, Ingram, AP)
WR - Nelson, Benjamin, Bryant, Parker  (Gabriel, J. Matthews, White, Golloday)
TE - Bennett (Rudolph)

K - Lutz
DEF - Baltimore

Pretty good team across the board. I thought I had John Brown at WR but it seems someone bid 3 and I never noticed. Draft last night was a pain in the ass but it looks to have come out alright. Will definitely need some more depth at WR but the starters look solid.

QB - Rodgers, Mariota (Savage, MITCHELL)
RB - Murray, Crowell, Mixon (Hill, White, Alfmo)
WR - Michael Thomas, Emmanuel Sanders, DeSean Jackson, Golden Tate (Rishard Matthews, Robby Anderson, Cooper Kupp)
TE - Reed (Doyle)

K - Grey Ghost

DEF - Houston (LA Rams)

Bit of a top heavy team -- probably the best QB combination in the league with the top 2-3 TE (Doyle as a solid backup too). RBs have some risk with Crowell (bad team) and Mixon (3rd on the depth chart but the most talented) and then some floor/backup options with Hill, White, and Alfmo). I like my WR too -- MT is a WR1 with upside and the next 3 should be solid WR2s. Not a ton of upside after Thomas really.

Auto-Week grabbed Kaep (would be happy if he had a team), 3rd TE (Fleener -- I cannot), and backups for K and DEF...I'll keep the DEF for now.

eta- Fuentez, obviously I'm interested in Henry -- if there is an opportunity there.

etaa - Corrections because I'm dumb

2 hours ago, Week said:

eta- Fuentez, obviously I'm interested in Henry -- if there is an opportunity there.

Trade between Fuentez and I -- 

I get: Derrick Henry

Fuentez gets: Golden Tate

In a vacuum, Golden Tate is more valuable -- however I fucked up drafting by missing out on Henry, so this was a correction that I felt that I had to make. My WR corps are looking mighty thin which will need to be addressed via draft or waiver wire magic.

Bolton Bitches

QB- Jay Cutler, Sam Bradford (Josh McCown)

RB- Jay Ajai, Carlos Hyde, Todd Gurley (Ezekiel Elliot, C.J. Procise, James Connor, Alvin Kamara,)

WR- DeAndre Hopkins, Tyreek Hill, Marvin Jones Jr. , Jarvis Landry (Tavon Austin, Ted Ginn Jr. , Nelson Agholor, Marquise Lee)

TE- Travis Kelce,(CJ. Fiedorowixtz)

K- Adam Vinatiere

Def- Jaguars

Super strong RB corps, especially if Adrian Peterson and Le'Veon Bell fulfill their destinies of getting hurt (got Kamara and Connor off waivers). I don't think Zeke will miss any games, and should be able to secure a good QB with a RB package fairly quickly I think.

I'm good with my WR's, really good with them, especially at their prices. I love Kelce, was happy to get him for cheap. Kicker and DEF are a kicker and DEF.

My QB's are a step above fucking putrid as once again I believe in Jay, but I'm gonna be watching like a hawk to try and get a #1 option under center. So if you have an injury to y our RB corps, ole' Jace is open for business.

8 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I don't think Zeke will miss any games, and should be able to secure a good QB with a RB package fairly quickly I think.

You believe that Zeke's suspension will be reduced from 6 to 0? Did I miss reading an update?

Regardless, your RB situation is top notch to start the year.

What QB pairing would be fucking putrid to have Cutler and Bradford as a step up? :P Hoyer and McCown?

1 minute ago, Week said:

You believe that Zeke's suspension will be reduced from 6 to 0? Did I miss reading an update?

Regardless, your RB situation is top notch to start the year.

What QB pairing would be fucking putrid to have Cutler and Bradford as a step up? :P Hoyer and McCown?

He'll get a stay from the courts.

QB - Newton, Bortles (Watson)

RB - J.Howard, J.Stewart, L.Murray (J.Williams, T.Cohen, D.Lewis)

WR - J.Jones, O.Beckham, A.Cooper, W.Snead (C.Beasley, D.Funchness, J.Ross)

TE - Z.Ertz  (O.Howard, J.Witten)

DST - Arizona  (Oakland)

Every position has something to love and then something to hate about it except the WR corps. The WR are the teams saving grace with hopefully 3 top 10 people and then a group of streamers/potentials that will hopefully not fail me completely. RB isnt awful, but it's held together a bit by hopes and dreams. QB has me starting Bortles enough said. TE is middle of the road.

My first auction is usually a bit of a mess, this one was, but I thought Jones and Beckham weren't terrible deals for 50 after Brown and high-end RBs went for ~60+. I just needed to better control myself after that and I didn't. There were lots of deals down the stretch that would have made the team better overall. Such is life.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived