Westeros Football League C

Whiskeyjack

18 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Feel like I'm getting a pretty good handle on auction. Kind of a fan of the format now, actually.

Yeah its way better than a snake draft.  Gives you a lot more control over how your team ends up.

That said - if you mess up, the format can make it tough to recover.  Overbuying early can leave you poor later in the draft, with a lot of holes on your team.  And sitting out early can leave you stuck without any stars.  It's a difficult line to walk.

1 minute ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Yeah its way better than a snake draft.  Gives you a lot more control over how your team ends up.

That said - if you mess up, the format can make it tough to recover.  Overbuying early can leave you poor later in the draft, with a lot of holes on your team.  And sitting out early can leave you stuck without any stars.  It's a difficult line to walk.

Yeah, it's really interesting. Much more strategy involved than snake, for sure. The only downside for me thus far is that I haven't managed to get in a full mock that doesn't have a CPU drafter. The computer is painfully bad at it, so it really changes the whole curve.

Think I did fairly well for my first Auction. The Otisburg Yambags are as follows...

QB) M. Ryan, M. Glennon, P. Mahomes, M. Trubisky

RB) L. McCoy, D. Murray, C. McCaffrey, M. Lynch, D. McFadden, C. Carson

WR) B. Cooks, A. Cooper, K. Britt, R. Matthews, T. Gabriel, B. Coleman, S. Shepard, J. Ross

TE) J. Reed, E. Ebron

K) Gostkowski

Def) Den

Trouble at QB, but I'm thinking I can deal an RB for a good one, maybe.

Reasonably happy with how my draft went:

QB: Drew Brees, Ben Roethlisberger (Eli Manning, Alex Smith, Tom Savage)

RB: Isaiah Crowell, Ty Montgomery, Rob Kelley (Jamaal Charles, Adrian Peterson, Alvin Kamara, Derrick Henry, Thomas Rawls)

WR: Julio Jones, Kelvin Benjamin, Brandon Marshall, Golden Tate (Chris Hogan, Emmanuel Sanders, Jeremy Maclin)

TE: Jimmy Graham

K: Dan Bailey

DST: Open

Looking to make some kind of a 2-for-1 trade before the draft if possible.

ETA: F'd up Jimmy Graham's name.

That was pretty interesting.  I definitely went way more top heavy out of the gate than I planned, and it cost me some good deals late.  And forced me to settle for a few guys, rather than getting the players I wanted who were in the next price range up.  But at the same time, happy with the team overall.

QB - M.Mariota, K.Cousins (J.McCown)
RB - D.Johnson, A.Abdullah, D.Martin (J.Rodgers, J.Hill, R.Burkhead, W.Smallwood, L.Murray)
WR - M.Evans, M.Thomas, A.Robinson, E.Decker (M.Wallace, Z.Jones, D.Funchess, P.Richardson)
TE - D.Walker
K - C.Boswell
DEF - Pittsburgh

Feel good at starting QB.  Probably have the best WR in the league - haven't looked around, and maybe somebody else cleaned up, but tough to beat this crew.  Also okay with my depth there.  And TE is fine - should be fun getting the Mariota + Walker hookup (and Decker too).

If there's an issue, it's at RB.  DJ is elite, and I'm okay with the Martin/Rodgers combination in my lineup.  But a bit nervous about Abdullah.  Read some good things about him this past week - hopefully he ends up living up to those expectations.  Also don't have great depth to back him up.  It looks like Cincy wants to continue giving Hill carries, but not confident that will last long.

Obviously QB depth is a problem too.  Probably going to have to trade for both RB help and backup QB.

QB: J. Winston, A Luck (J. Goff)
RB: E. Elliot, L. Miller, J. White (S. Vereen, A. Morris, C. West, J. Richards)
WR: D. Bryant, A.J. Green, T. Hill, M. Jones Jr. (T. Lockett, K. Wright, M. Mitchell)
TE: G. Olsen
K: J. Tucker
DEF: KC

My team has very little depth, and some big question marks with Luck and Elliot.  I need both to come back soon.  No idea about Luck, but I'd be happy if he came back in 3 weeks or so.  I think there's a decent chance that Elliot gets his suspension reduced.  If both are out a long time, I'm screwed.  If one is out for a long time, I'll probably be in trouble.  It's going to be a rough start. 

I'm weak at RB3 and WR4 and could use a better backup QB.  

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Lulz. Jace has one QB, Brady. Only other QB on her roster is Kaepernick.

Jokes on you, fuckstick. I gots me a Scott Tolzien and Jake Briscutt on waivers. You fools left two bona fide homosapiens on the board for me.

QB: Scot Tolzien, Jake Briscutt, Tom Brady

WR: T.Y. Hilton, Doug Baldwin, Alshon Jeffery, Demaryious Thomas, Torrey Smith, Tavon Austin, Allen Hurns, Marquise Lee, Kenny Stills, Kamaar Aiken

RB: Melvin Gordon, Jordan Howard, CJ Procise, Tod Gurley

TE: Tyler Eifert, Austin Hooper, Antonio Gates

K: Matt Praetor

DEF: LA Rams

QB - Matt Stafford, Carson Wentz, DeShone Kizer, Brian Hoyer

RB - Devonta Freeman, Carlos Hyde, Mark Ingram, LeGarrette Blount, Tevin Coleman, Duke Johnson, Giovani Bernard

WR - Odell Beckham, Martavis Bryant, Sammy Watkins, Corey Coleman, Jordan Matthews, Cooper Kupp, Josh Doctson

TE - Travis Kelce, Zach Miller

K - Mason Crosby

DEF - Patriots

Here are the Greywater Watchers:

QB - Aaron Rodgers, Tyrod Taylor (Deshaun Watson)

WR - Davante Adams, Tyrell Williams, Cole Beasley, Ted Ginn Jr (Breshad Perriman, Corey Davis, Kenny Golladay, Marquise Goodwin)

RB - LeVeon Bell, Kareem Hunt, CJ Anderson (Theo Riddick, Dion Lewis, Jamaal Williams)

TE - Julius Thomas (Evan Engram)

K - Adam Vinatieri

DEF - NY Giants, Tampa Bay

I honestly don't know what to think of this team. Went balls to the wall the Bell ($57) and got the QB I wanted. Outside these two, just a crapshoot. Beasley should have more D coordinators look to have him covered this yr, Ginn is hit or miss (hopefully more of the former with Brees arm), and my WR bench is really suspect. Hunt I hear good things about, hands and YAC+. Williams hopefully vultures some red zone TDs, but has competition from Martellus and Rodgers himself. TE I'm ok with. 

Open to trades with anybody but WJ :laugh:

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Man, can't get anyone to bite on Marshawn Lynch for a good QB2. Don't come crying to me when your lousy RB corp is posting up less than 20 pts a game collectively. :P

Dawg, the Marshawn Hype Train is going to derail faster than a US Politics Thread.

2 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

You have a pretty good set of RBs granted, but that message wasn't directed at you seeing as how you only have 1 QB. :D

I may only have one QB, but I have 2 humans ready to step up to the position.

Archived