Bran's Blunder: Telling LF He Was Wise To Him, While NOT Telling Sansa

5 hours ago, Monster_Under_the_Bed said:

If Robyn was a semi-capable leader then it would make sense for Sansa to marry him. He is a weakling of subnormal intelligence though. The Vale supports Starks, but a marriage would greatly cement their position.

I

That's the whole point. Sansa can control him(and the vale) BECAUSE he is weak, unlike trying to control Littlefinger. Kinda like how Magery controlled Tommen

Make no mistake LF is on Jons side "for now" LF needs Jon/humanity to beat the WW so that his plans can actually come to fruition, LF is a mastermind with a very high IQ he has several weaknesses one being that he cant see the future in this case Danny with dragons and the WW/NK. LF now has to roll with the punches and go compleyly off script something IMO he isnt good at, yes Bran made a mistake but LF is about to make several. 

30 minutes ago, Stormking902 said:

Make no mistake LF is on Jons side "for now" LF needs Jon/humanity to beat the WW so that his plans can actually come to fruition, LF is a mastermind with a very high IQ he has several weaknesses one being that he cant see the future in this case Danny with dragons and the WW/NK. LF now has to roll with the punches and go compleyly off script something IMO he isnt good at, yes Bran made a mistake but LF is about to make several. 

LF is not on Jons side hes wandering desperately behind Sansa whispering shit in her ear. How has Bran made a mistake? LF is as good as dead buddy, hes guna scheme, and Bran steps in, Arya killing him with his own justice.

3 hours ago, Illiterati said:

Bran is operating on a different plane than the rest of them.

I believe every word he utters is carefully curated to serve a purpose.  Remember that before he became Westeros's surveillance system, he was a very brilliant acting administrator and adjudicator even as a child.  I don't believe he is playing the same game the rest of Westeros is, and that will come to light in time.

Yes, exactly. He has an omnipresent consciousness. Everything he says or does has already happened in his mind and he knows how it will play out. He said what he said to put things in motion just the same as he did with Arya by giving her the dagger.

7 hours ago, Monster_Under_the_Bed said:

Unfortunately LF's character has suffered somewhat due to poor writing. I don't foresee his downfall anytime soon though. He is the de facto ruler of the Vale and the main reason why Starks were able to recapture Winterfell. Jon and Sansa would be dead if it wasn't for him. I fully expect that the next big shocker will be LF making another move on Sansa and her agreeing to marry him. It will not be a marriage of love on her part, but it will help the Starks consolidate their power in the North. Jon is bound to marry Dany, again regardless of whether it's borne out of love or political convenience so it will leave LF + Sansa as a largely autonomous power couple in the North. 

I don't understand why TV-Littlefinger is trotting after Sansa like an eager puppy.  She wrote him for help and said that she would be indebted to him if he brought the Vale knights to the battle against Ramsay.  Littlefinger did just that.  Now he's in Winterfell, with the Vale Knights, who are a large and disciplined cavalry and very important to the defense of Winterfell.  Why isn't Littlefinger demanding that he be given Sansa's hand in marriage in repayment of his "debt" or he'll take the Vale knights and go South to defend the Vale and its lord?  He's got cards here; why is he waiting to play them?

10 hours ago, Camara said:

Yes, I agree it looks stupid at first, but in this case this isn't a real world scene, Bran has almost omniscience, which means he can possibly calculate how things will work out, so possibly he setup on purpose a chain of events that will be important.

It's like a self-correcting plot device really, but one that makes sense.

i agree totally.  I think the idea that Bran has tipped off LF is taking the scene too much at face value.

13 minutes ago, Raksha 2014 said:

I don't understand why TV-Littlefinger is trotting after Sansa like an eager puppy.  She wrote him for help and said that she would be indebted to him if he brought the Vale knights to the battle against Ramsay.  Littlefinger did just that.  Now he's in Winterfell, with the Vale Knights, who are a large and disciplined cavalry and very important to the defense of Winterfell.  Why isn't Littlefinger demanding that he be given Sansa's hand in marriage in repayment of his "debt" or he'll take the Vale knights and go South to defend the Vale and its lord?  He's got cards here; why is he waiting to play them?

That's not LF's way in general.  He usually gets what he wants by guile, not force.

10 hours ago, Relic said:

Pretty sure the show runner's have no idea what to do with LF and that he will be dead by season's end. 

Do you know what happens when Arya Starks gives you that sideways, now you're on my radar sort of look?

Do you know?

Do you know what happens???

Huh? Do ya?

LITTLEFINGER JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!!

#ListOfStark

I agree with the original post.  The whole thing suggests that Bran has knowledge without wisdom and I've no doubt that there will be pain in the north because Bran let Littlefinger know that he knows.  Not sure precisely what form that pain will take, but something bad will flow from it.  

Edited to add: 

Littlefinger will die too of course.  Whatever horrible clever in his own mind self serving thing he does will ultimately be the thing that triggers his death, but other people will hurt as well.

1 minute ago, Capo Ferro said:

I agree with the original post.  The whole thing suggests that Bran has knowledge without wisdom and I've no doubt that there will be pain in the north because Bran let Littlefinger know that he knows.  Not sure precisely what form that pain will take, but something bad will flow from it.  

I disagree. LF has a move or two left sure, but I think it wont amount to much and Bran already knows what it will be. There was no reason for Bran to worry about revealing that information ti Littlefinger. Indeed, he may have done it to freak LF out (which it clearly did) and prompt him into rash action.

18 minutes ago, TheSwordofTheMorning7 said:

Do you know what happens when Arya Starks gives you that sideways, now you're on my radar sort of look?

Do you know?

Do you know what happens???

Huh? Do ya?

LITTLEFINGER JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!!

#ListOfStark

A lesson from Syria Forel and her days at the House of Black and White.  She is just not watching......she sees.  Bran knows this and it is why he gave her the dagger so as to set what is to be in motion.  Littlefinger will be gone by season's end.

3 minutes ago, TheFirstofHerName said:

A lesson from Syria Forel and her days at the House of Black and White.  She is just not watching......she sees.  Bran knows this and it is why he gave her the dagger so as to set what is to be in motion.  Littlefinger will be gone by season's end.

This is a plausible observation.  Littlefinger now knows that Bran and Arya are dangerous to him and he'd have an easier time maneuvering events to his desired end if both were gone and part of me worries he'll succeed in killing at Arya as there's no obvious need at this point for an assassin.  I firmly believe it'll be Jamie who kills Cersei and Littlefinger isn't so heavily protected or physically formidable that an assassin is needed to kill him.  But it would make a certain amount of sense for him to try to kill Arya but for her to see and not just look and so recognize the Littlefinger threat and counter it in such a way that we worry that he has succeeded but he satisfyingly fails and meets his end.

LF targettimg Arya seems unlikely to me. The way he looked at her doean't convey that point to me. But Sansa's look. That's not normal and I can't figure out why'd she'd need to be worried knowing her sister is such a badass. If anything she should be glad to have gained a valuable ally. Or in normal curcumstances even proud of her.

7 minutes ago, DirePenguin said:

LF targettimg Arya seems unlikely to me. The way he looked at her doean't convey that point to me. But Sansa's look. That's not normal and I can't figure out why'd she'd need to be worried knowing her sister is such a badass. If anything she should be glad to have gained a valuable ally. Or in normal curcumstances even proud of her.

LF will be wary of Arya and I think certainly will not want to get in her way (at least not where Arya knows it). 

Sansa's look after the Arya-Brienne spar can and indeed already has been read in multiple ways. Some saw it as jealousy, others as regret, others as a sad realisation about her family, and still other people as concern not about Arya's skills, but concern about LF having knowledge of those skills and trying to manipulate Arya to his advantage. So many ways this could go, but I think the look and walk off could possibly be Sansa making the first step of a major move against Littlefinger and not really be about Arya at all.

On 8/8/2017 at 8:32 PM, TheFirstofHerName said:

I have always hoped beyond hope that Syrio was actually a Faceless Man sent to train and prepare Arya to be " recruited"into the fold.  

But, I just dont think it is meant to be

On 8/8/2017 at 1:41 PM, legba11 said:

In reality, the reason for Bran's scenes being nearly unwatchable is bad writing.  The writers want the dramatic reveal to occur in some future episode so Bran will reveal it then.  

In out attempts to twist ourselves sideways to make sense of bad writing, we can come up with fun theories (and I enjoy doing this, regardless of how futile I think it is).   

:cheers:

Archived