The Puppet Master - Bran is manipulating everyone

Bran's weirdness might have turned off a lot of people. He's become emotionless, icecold.

But don't be fooled by his apparent inercia. He sees all that has been, all that is happening and what is to yet come.

Simple things like him taking the dagger from LF and then casually saying he doesnt need it because he's a cripple giving it to Arya is a big set up for what is to come.

Bran alone is the most powerfull being in the world.

I think only in season 8 they'll show his true powers but I hope this season we get a glimpse, some visions/flashbacks from him.

How is Bran powerful? He's a teen in a wheelchair that has visions. I suppose we'll have to see what he does with his knowledge and if other characters value it appropriately before he can be said to have any real influence.

Letting on to Littlefinger that 'he knows things' struck me as a rather dangerous thing to do, too.

14 minutes ago, Anarres said:

How is Bran powerful? He's a teen in a wheelchair that has visions. I suppose we'll have to see what he does with his knowledge and if other characters value it appropriately before he can be said to have any real influence.

Letting on to Littlefinger that 'he knows things' struck me as a rather dangerous thing to do, too.

Bran knows whats coming, he can foresee any schemes Littlefinger may hatch and has quite clearly already foreseen Arya killing LF.  He has no reason whatsoever to fear LF or be worried about revealing certain information to him.

LF is smart, but at this point in the story Bran is WAY beyond him. Also, I think things like worry are beyond Bran now anyway, except for on a more global scale with the threat of the WW and armies of the dead.

16 minutes ago, Anarres said:

How is Bran powerful? He's a teen in a wheelchair that has visions.

Are you serious?? 

I suppose we'll have to see what he does with his knowledge and if other characters value it appropriately before he can be said to have any real influence.

Its quite clear hes going to be influential, have you not watched the first few episodes, on 3 occasions hes used his power to learn knowledge of people whereabouts and doings. i.e Sansa, Arya and LF

Little finger isnt that stupid to try kill him in his own home or try have him killed......o wait there he might be.

5 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

Are you serious??

Knowing things is not the same as being powerful. Bran needs a new agent to make a difference in the real world. Hodor is dead. Summer is dead. Jojen is dead. Meera is seemingly gone home.

I don't doubt Bran can be very powerful, but at the moment he doesn't seem best positioned to exploit that knowledge. Hopefully future episodes will show him explaining his powers to Sansa and Arya, allowing them to make all that knowledge actionable. Hopefully too he will find a new 'host' for his impressive warging powers. If only there was a spare dragon around!

20 minutes ago, Anarres said:

I don't doubt Bran can be very powerful, but at the moment he doesn't seem best positioned to exploit that knowledge. 

Consider it this way: This is a game of chess and he's at least 10 moves ahead of anyone else. He's the game master now.

I expect LF will try to exploit his knowledge, but killing him? Unlikely. Bran may have 10 witnesses around him by the time LF decides to make his move.

Brand doesn't have to worry about anyone. He can see what people are going to do before they do it. Any plot on his life he is already ahead of and could plan for it well in advance. Don't forgot there are also dragons close by! Imagine bran warging into a dragon. I imagine bran will be very powerful in the battles to come. Arya and her ability with swords and taking people's faces is also a very helpful tool. You could see when bran placed the dagger in her hands the foreshadowing was happening. 

Knowing things is not the same as being powerful

Well according to LF, Varys knowledge is power but thats another story.

I never claimed knowing things is the same as being powerful, you specifically said he wasnt powerful. He's very powerful, potentially more powerful than Bloodraven why?

• In theory skinchange into any animal
  • Visit the weirwood network to visit past, present and future events
  • Interact with the past.

Many people believe Bran to be weak and underestimate him in the role he will play in defeating the Night King and his AoD, many people believe the dragons are just guna burn everything.

Bran needs a new agent to make a difference in the real world. Hodor is dead. Summer is dead. Jojen is dead. Meera is seemingly gone home.

They helped him achieve his goal of getting to the Three Eyed Raven. He doesnt need them anymore hence why he said.

I don't doubt Bran can be very powerful, but at the moment he doesn't seem best positioned to exploit that knowledge. Hopefully future episodes will show him explaining his powers to Sansa and Arya, allowing them to make all that knowledge actionable. Hopefully too he will find a new 'host' for his impressive warging powers. If only there was a spare dragon around!

He doesnt need to explain his powers to anyone he can just show them as he has done...... 

22 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

Well according to LF, Varys knowledge is power but thats another story.

I never claimed knowing things is the same as being powerful, you specifically said he wasnt powerful. He's very powerful, potentially more powerful than Bloodraven why?

• In theory skinchange into any animal
  • Visit the weirwood network to visit past, present and future events
  • Interact with the past.

I don't think the the wierwoods allow the future to be seen or visited, only the past and present. They are like televisions or the internet - or the Matrix :D This said, Bran can shape the present in the past, so, in a way, the future is irrelevant.

25 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

Many people believe Bran to be weak and underestimate him in the role he will play in defeating the Night King and his AoD, many people believe the dragons are just guna burn everything.

I think people are underestimating his relationship to the Night King - I'm not sure defeat is what will occur.

21 minutes ago, ummester said:

I don't think the the wierwoods allow the future to be seen or visited, only the past and present. They are like televisions or the internet - or the Matrix :D This said, Bran can shape the present in the past, so, in a way, the future is irrelevant.

I think your misinterpretation what Im saying. By visit I mean see. And by visiting the weirwood network I mean he he doesnt have to be attached etc he can just tap into it and see things. 

Bran Has seen past, present and future events. So yes he can see in the future.

21 minutes ago, ummester said:

I think people are underestimating his relationship to the Night King - I'm not sure defeat is what will occur.

Stark blood. I'd beg to differ, Im pretty sure hes going to play a massive part in the battle of the dawn 2.0. Him just letting everyone know where the night king is doesnt really cut it for me, there has been too much build up for him to not play a massive role now. Warging the NK and using his powerful abilities is definitely something I predict will happen.

6 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

I think your misinterpretation what Im saying. By visit I mean see. And by visiting the weirwood network I mean he he doesnt have to be attached etc he can just tap into it and see things. 

Bran Has seen past, present and future events. So yes he can see in the future.

Stark blood. I'd beg to differ, Im pretty sure hes going to play a massive part in the battle of the dawn 2.0. Him just letting everyone know where the night king is doesnt really cut it for me, there has been too much build up for him to not play a massive role now. Warging the NK and using his powerful abilities is definitely something I predict will happen.

Where/When did Bran see the future?

What if Bran is the Night King?

55 minutes ago, ummester said:

Where/When did Bran see the future?

Season 4 - The Lion and the Rose

Season 6 - Blood of my Blood

Not going into detail but in these Bran has visions of Future aswell as the past and present

55 minutes ago, ummester said:

What if Bran is the Night King?

Whatever I just said doesn't happen then.........? Not sure what you want me to respond with to this. But getting off topic however you do.

52 minutes ago, The Bastard of Summer said:

I don't  think Bran the Unfeeling  can see the future. In his chapter where the Three eyed crow comes to him he doesn't  show him the future  he shows him the lands of always winter and what lurks there. Whatever it is, is physically coming. That is what  he saw. 

Yes he does Bran can see the future, see below.

1 minute ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

Season 4 - The Lion and the Rose

Season 6 - Blood of my Blood

Not going into detail but in these Bran has visions of Future aswell as the past and present

1 hour ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

Yes he does Bran can see the future, see below.

Apologies but that doesn't look like the future. Seems all past images to me. The second mostly a loop of the first. The throne room scene is what Dany saw.....he can see what she was shown it seems to me. The dragon flying over Kings Landing was also past....there was no snow. It's snowing in Kings Landing now.

Archived